Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you...

Saw this question posted on Reddit...

Would you take $2,000,000 to never watch / talk about / listen to / read about / associate with Wichita State athletics ever again?

Told my wife I couldn't take the money... got yelled at for being selfish.

I would not give up one of my great enjoyments in life for money that would only serve a materialistic purpose.

Comment

$2,000,000?

Go New Mexico State go!!!!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Gonna have to be a number I can retire on if I'm going to give up the thing that gets me through the work week.

Comment

Yes, in a heartbeat no questions asked. Financial stability over basketball every time.

Comment

Give me 20k a week for the rest of my life and i'll go back to being a chicken hawks fan. 2 Million isn't enough to get me thru the rest of my life. I'd prefer the shockers over 2 million.
            Shocker Alumni
            Shocker Club Soccer alumni
            Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

I admit I'd be conflicted. While WSU would be out of the picture I could instantly retire and do something more meaningful rather than just earn a paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                I admit I'd be conflicted. While WSU would be out of the picture I could instantly retire and do something more meaningful rather than just earn a paycheck.
                My dilemma would be what would I be doing without a job and not having WSU athletics to follow in my newfound free time?

$2 million seems like a quick fix but doesn’t play into the long term WSU withdrawals.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Gotta pass.

If I didn't have a large family that is as nuts for Shocker Athletics as I am, it might be possible. But the school and athletics is a huge part of all of our lives. Taking the money would be essentially cutting the family loose, as well.

Guess I'll have to get my $2 million the All-American way -- by pulling myself up by the bootstraps and winning the lottery.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

$5 mill after taxes makes it a more interesting question

Comment

Probably going to need at least another zero for me to consider it. The fact is that Wichita State and the athletics department has been a big part of my life. Aside from watching wins and losses, I have met some fantastic people and had tremendous experiences because of that entity. It has also given me some fun memories of times spent with family and friends. You can't put a dollar amount on those things. Even saying that I could still watch college sports but just not Wichita State wouldn't work. I once went to an OU athletics event in Wichita years ago and was kinda bored because I knew that it wasn't MY school.
                      78-65

Comment

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Sorry, old buddy, but two mil is a hell of a chunk of dough.

• WuShock16
                        WuShock16 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WuDrWu I mean, my comment about meeting some fantastic people included you. What else would we talk about if WSU was off the table?

• WuDrWu
                        WuDrWu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        My response, as it is many times, is an old movie quote. I don't know what I'd do....I feel I can do a lot of good, not just for my family, with an extra 2 million, but my life would be substantially less whole. I know that given the option, the good that could be done far outweighs my own personal satisfaction. Still, I'm not convinced I'm strong enough to actually pull the trigger.

I'd like to think you and I could still find things to talk about....we aren't that one tracked, are we?

$2mm and I would never watch another college basketball game. I understand the reception isnt that great on a sailboat in Fiji anyway.

Btw, If you can't retire on $2million you should reconsider your lifestyle spending.
                      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• JVShocker
                        JVShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Before or after tax? Not that it matters. $2 million is easy retirement money. Take the money and "why run when you can have a sailboat on a tropical beach somewhere."

• BOBB
                        BOBB commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Cdizzle out $200k for the boat. Pretty sure I can keep myself in fuel, food and rum on the remaining $1.8.

• Dan
                        Dan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I might be able to retire on sailboat with $2 Mill, but it's my wife that might say otherwise

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      $2,000,000?

Go New Mexico State go!!!!
                      Could we "just happen" to become a of a bandwagon fan of one of the visiting team's?

Comment

I have to be honest. I'd have to accept the dough. Although whether or not I could fulfill the terms of the deal might be more of a challenge that I am up to.

Comment

I'd probably take the dollars. I can still root against KU. And removing the stress of WSU games would probably add 10 years to my life.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                          X