TBT - Live action, general discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBT - Live action, general discussion

Games are underway. Here is the full game schedule with links to live video and stats.

Two games in to the "Elam Ending", but the live stats don't show the target score, or at least I can't find it. Disappointing.

Comment

#2 seed Kohl Blooded (Wisconsin alumni) goes down to 7-seed Mid-American United, 80-71.

Comment

Two interesting Elam Ending strategies so far.

Kohl Blooded vs Mid-Am - Mid-Am got to within 2 of target score up 6, took a 3pt shot and missed, Kohl didn't score their possession. Mid took another 3pt shot and hit it to win. Didn't watch so unsure if Kohl focused on making them shoot a 3 or if they just chose to over trying to score the needed 2.

Primetime Players vs Florida TNT - Tied at 63 going into Elam for a target score of 71. At 68-66, Florida hit two free throws to tie at 68. Primetime went for a two point shot and missed. Florida hits a three to win. Will be interesting to watch in these types of situations if teams will take a bad 3 over an easier 2 to try and prevent this type of occurrence.

Comment

I definitely love this Elam Ending. Doesn't result in people fouling and extending the game and making it a free throw contest. This has been an interesting tournament so far. Some good basketball, some ugly basketball.

For instance, I'm watching the Gael Force vs Jackson TN game, and it's ugly. 36-28 Jackson, and 5 min left of the 3rd quarter. Like watching the bottom teams in the MVC... And Gael is even the 1 seed.

Comment

I haven't been able to watch. Is it even decent basketball? I see Phi's comments but still curious.

Comment

Are all the other regionals being played in high school gyms?

Comment

Watching Big X vs Carmen’s Crew. Looks like we could feed Stutz in the post all day against either of these teams.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                  I haven't been able to watch. Is it even decent basketball? I see Phi's comments but still curious.
                  Not really. It probably gets better the second weekend but right now I see little defense, two or three of the same offensive plays with every team and not a lot of coaching. However what do you expect when practicing for a week with each other?

It is still better than the alternative, which is no basketball this time of year.

Comment

I've seen some good games (IMHO).

Comment

Are the AfterShocks carrying too many people on their roster? If they are going to do that, they better all be bought into the concept of run and gun.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

An 8-seed - Jackson TN UnderDawgs - made it into the Elite 8, beating the 1, 5 and 6 seeds.

Comment

What is Shannon Shorters connection to the team?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            A member. Was a Turgeon recruit that went elsewhere.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Only non-WSU player who nearly was a Shocker 12 years ago.

Basically, wanted to come to WSU. Turgeon wanted him to go the prep route, but Shannon did not want to. Marshall had heard about him from other Shocks and met with him, but it really wasn't a "recruiting visit". He's from Houston and knows PJ and Durley.

Comment

Working...
                              X