Conner Frankamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conner Frankamp

Looks like Conner will get a chance tp play this summer for the Los neglecting lakers. Didn’t know where else tp post this. Great news for Conner

I meant to say the Los Angeles Lakers.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
        Looks like Conner will get a chance tp play this summer for the Los neglecting lakers. Didn’t know where else tp post this. Great news for Conner
        There is a little discussion of it in this thread: https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...regional/page5

I think it starts on post #198. Post #201 has a link to an article by Taylor Eldridge on this subject if you can get it to work. Kansas.com seems to be having some techical issues.

Comment

Too small.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
          Too small.

T

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• shockrah
            shockrah commented
            Editing a comment
            It does now!

I think Conner grew up a lot in college! Most of us do, and good for him!
          Livin the dream

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            I still remember one of his early 3-balls when he shot it without any consideration for the trailing defender who promptly sent it (from behind) to about row 33... I don't think he hit another shot for 6 months. He has come a long way, but he's missin' something you just can't teach.

T

Connor does not see the floor in the Lakers first Summer League game. They trailed by 30+ from late in the first half of the game until the end. And no, I did not watch, I just happen to catch the box score.

Comment

Here is some video of a practice scrimmage with the summer league team.

Conner begins playing about the 2:50 mark. You can see LeBron in the red hoodie watching on the stationary bike.

Comment

Didn't look bad on the offensive end. Made some good penetration moves and showed some court vision. Looked a little lost on the defensive end.

Comment

• Steeleshocker
                Steeleshocker commented
                Editing a comment
                Looked ok on defense to me, had a nice steal and blew up a dribble hand-off.

If he's serious he needs to go full on Fletch with the Lakers. Gotta have a fro. That's his only chance.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                He is 6'0", with the afro 6'4".....pretty good dribbler.

Can anyone confirm which seat from the left Conner occupied on the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Can anyone confirm which seat from the left Conner occupied on the bench?
                He was deep. Started out in the middle, but ended up on the wrong side of the baseline. It's not that surprising, though. Toure's Summer League experience was very similar. They had guys who were priority and then some other dudes who they needed mainly to scrimmage. Happily for Connor, they play five games in six days, so he's pretty much guaranteed some court time, but there's no way he's a real part of their plans.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

He was deep. Started out in the middle, but ended up on the wrong side of the baseline. It's not that surprising, though. Toure's Summer League experience was very similar. They had guys who were priority and then some other dudes who they needed mainly to scrimmage. Happily for Connor, they play five games in six days, so he's pretty much guaranteed some court time, but there's no way he's a real part of their plans.
                  Bingo.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Maybe somebody else's plans. Never know. Happy he gets that chance though.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                    X