Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    What a total disaster.

This is a preemptive move prior to the Big 12's GOR expiring. Good for UCONN.

We need football started ASAP or we'll be looking at an MVC-level conference in about 6 years.

Losing Teddy and now losing UCONN... FML

T

...:cool:
    Recommend you go to a quiet, dark bedroom; lay down and breathe slowly. WSU does not need football, the Shockers need to win the AAC in MBB and move far into the Big Dance. Dominating the AAC All Sports Trophy as the Shockers did in the MVC would also be welcome.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Do some research on the Big 12 GOR and what will happen to the AAC in 2025. Maybe you'll need a quiet, dark bedroom after researching the impending conference realignment.

Wichita State MUST have football to maintain membership in a conference of current status (the new Big12) unless it gets invited to the Priest.

Our Cinderella run of being in a big-time conference will end on 2025 without football or The Pee.

End of story.

T

• Shocker1976
      Shocker1976 commented
      Editing a comment
      No need to "Do some research on the Big 12 GOR" as I am very familiar with the issue and have posted my thoughts on Shockernet. IMO the Big 12 is more likely to be reduced to the Big 6 when Texas and Oklahoma leave to become members of the new Power 4 Conferences (ACC, Big Ten, PAC 12 and SEC.

KU, KSU, ISU, Baylor, TCU and WVU will be looking for a new conference; the AAC will have their pick if the AAC wants to expand to 16 member conference. Adding football would be a HUGE mistake for WSU and the Shockers and would most likely guarantee the Shockers would not be a member of "...a big-time conference" - all IMHO, of course!

EFF IT!! Take the American to 16 teams!!

Boise State, BYU, UNM, UNLV, Army/VCU

Make it a legit P6 Conference!!
    The Assman

Comment

Great Points Cold
      Unfortunately we better start adding our AD and the new Prez to wear a clerical collar

Comment

Cold the following link contains detailed discussion of GORs and potential realignment of P5 conferences is provided for your information, since you were not posting on Shockernet in 2017 when this thread was active
        Discuss anything about the Wichita State Men's Basketball team.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          I got heavily involved in the GOR discussion over on the CSNBBS board (prior to my banning). Those guys are SUPER knowledgeable on the happenings around college football; and more specifically, conference realignment. The Big 12 will pull from the AAC not vice-versa. The AAC will become CUSA 4. We will be in a worse basketball conference than the MVC.

Our only hope is football or the Pope.

End.
          Of.
          Story.

T

• Topshock
          Topshock commented
          Editing a comment
          That is the worse possible scenario Cold, but their are many others and no one knows how it will play out. Even under this one should KU go to the Big 10 then the dynamics change towards the AAC absorbing some or all of the left over Big 12 members.

No need for clerical collars WSU began as Fairmount College and was affiliated with the Congregational Church.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
          C0|dB|00ded commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotta start puttin' Christ on crackers tho if ya wanna get the Holy See's attention. No heretical Protestants allowed.

But UCONN?

Oh yeah I forgot, they're total frickin' hypocrites.

#GoPee #TheBigPee

T

Butler the only non Catholic institution
        UConn the only non private institution
        The precedent has been set

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          Butler the only non Catholic institution
          UConn the only non private institution
          The precedent has been set
          Doesn't matter if there are exceptions, the new big east identifies as Catholic and the Catholics control the votes.

They take great pride in that Jesuit identity. They talk about it all the time. They named their board the Holyland of Hoops.

The only reason for those exceptions was out of pure survival instinct. First Butler was initially needed to give them the clout of 2 title game appearances.

They've been trying to lure UConn from Day 1, to try and give their narrative of being like the old Big East more legitimacy.

The new big east were lucky that UConn has been very bad, competitively and financially, recently and their fanbase needed a scapegoat (i.e. Hail Mary Pass).
          Last edited by StunningSteve; June 24, 2019, 07:47 PM.

Comment

You can be pro-football, you can be anti-football but you have to accept that we are not in a position of power when it comes to realignment. That's just the way it is.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
              You can be pro-football, you can be anti-football but you have to accept that we are not in a position of power when it comes to realignment. That's just the way it is.
              One powerful ally Wichita State and the AAC has is ESPN.

ESPN has invested a lot in the future of the conference by making it the 6th richest league,

If a scenario goes down where conferences crumble and teams are without a country, the AAC stands in good stead with a falcon on its shoulder, looking to protect its own interest from the walking dead. Perhaps that means taking on more mouths. It should be interesting.

I was impressed by what the NAVY AD said today. The leadership doesn't act in haste.

Comment

• The SEC has 14 members. That will go to 16 the day the B12's GoR expires. OU and UT can get a better financial deal in the SEC than they can ever get in the B12. Once those two leave, the conference is dead. The AAC and Mountain West are in a position to pick over the remains.

I think the AAC is going to move past the big east in basketball ranking, and be in a position to better themselves when the B12 implodes. UConn can sell more tickets to old big east rivalries than they can sell against AAC teams, and their fans were not happy. They made a move sort of out of desperation.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Topshock
                  Topshock commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It is my understanding that the Oklahoma legislature has tied OU and OSU together. If one of them leaves the other behind in a conference it will loose all state funds.

• Dark Lord
                  Dark Lord commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Does Texas still operate the Longhorn network? If so, that alone will keep them out of any other conference.

If the Big Twelve does get picked apart, it is still more likely that the remaining schools pick the best from the AAC and the MWC.

• Another kick to the AAC's balls:

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Another kick to the AAC's balls:

Not going to pay to for that site, but i believe that is incorrect. I believe the wording was that they can only open up the contract if 2 or more members leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not going to pay to for that site, but i believe that is incorrect. I believe the wording was that they can only open up the contract if 2 or more members leave.
                    A few on the AAC board are agreeing with you, so that's good to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

A few on the AAC board are agreeing with you, so that's good to hear.
                      Probably just a click bait article

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        Agreed, the contract is all about football as is the AAC. Cincy/Houston/Memphis will go anywhere to improve themselves at anytime. Hell, we tried everything to join the Mountain West. Too many weak members in the AAC to my liking. Geographically it’s nuts.

Comment

Working...
                        X