Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UCONN gone

Wonder who we backfill with.

Not sure this makes sense for UCONN. They will likely have to find a new home for football and the big east would likely be a lateral move at this point for basketball

Wow, that flew under the radar for awhile.

Damn.

Off the top of my head I can't think of a good fit to replace them who has football.

Comment

Tulane going to the Sun Belt would be the best outcome.

Comment

Calls with multiple sources on Saturday morning indicated to Yahoo Sports that a deal is being finalized for UConn to return to the Big East in basketball and other sports.

Interesting idea here. Backfill football with Army and Basketball with VCU. I'll take that

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder who we backfill with.

Not sure this makes sense for UCONN. They will likely have to find a new home for football and the big east would likely be a lateral move at this point for basketball
        I’m sorry but the Big East has been a Top 3-4 basketball league for the past 5-6 years so saying this is a lateral move for basketball is pretty comical. The move puts them in a tough spot for football, but for every other sport it makes 100% sense for them to make this move. My dream scenario would to be able to get an invite and be the 12th team in the Big East, but that’s a pipe dream.

I just hope this doesn’t open open the floodgates and other conferences think that Cincy, Houston, Memphis and UCF are ripe for the poaching. That could be catastrophic for WSU.

Comment

Crazy that a backwater website broke it.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post

I’m sorry but the Big East has been a Top 3-4 basketball league for the past 5-6 years so saying this is a lateral move for basketball is pretty comical. The move puts them in a tough spot for football, but for every other sport it makes 100% sense for them to make this move. My dream scenario would to be able to get an invite and be the 12th team in the Big East, but that’s a pipe dream.

I just hope this doesn’t open open the floodgates and other conferences think that Cincy, Houston, Memphis and UCF are ripe for the poaching. That could be catastrophic for WSU.
            The big east is down trending while the AAC is strengthening. They are Nova and everyone else.

Comment

Anyone remember what the AAC was like before WSU came in?
              regarding the basketball program. Did they have only 11 members b4 us?
              What will happen to our scheduling as a whole?

Comment

The best thing for UConn to do with their football program would be to discontinue it.

That would also be a fitting tribute to Lew Perkins, who was the AD at WSU, then UConn, then KU. Notice a pattern there?
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Maybe WSU can join the BE too, since they are allowing public schools now. Help balance the league back out.

Crazy idea, since they would be an outlier, but UNLV would be interesting to explore.
                  The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

The big east is down trending while the AAC is strengthening. They are Nova and everyone else.
                    So, one down year is a trend??? Guess we will have to disagree on this one. The Big East is going to be strong as hell this year and your comment about Villanova and everyone else cracks me up. The AAC doesn’t have a Villanova, but we have a lot of everyone else’s. I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to move to the Big East, it’s a no brainer.

KenPom Conference Rankings since inception of the American Athletic Conference
                    2014- BE 5, AAC 7
                    2015- BE 2, AAC 9
                    2016- BE 3, AAC 7
                    2017- BE 3, AAC 7
                    2018- BE 3, AAC 7
                    2019- BE 5, AAC 6

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post

So, one down year is a trend??? Guess we will have to disagree on this one. The Big East is going to be strong as hell this year and your comment about Villanova and everyone else cracks me up. The AAC doesn’t have a Villanova, but we have a lot of everyone else’s. I wouldn’t hesitate for a second to move to the Big East, it’s a no brainer.

KenPom Conference Rankings since inception of the American Athletic Conference
                      2014- BE 5, AAC 7
                      2015- BE 2, AAC 9
                      2016- BE 3, AAC 7
                      2017- BE 3, AAC 7
                      2018- BE 3, AAC 7
                      2019- BE 5, AAC 6
                      I mean... Your numbers from 2015 on show the trend I'm talking about. And 2019 had a "bad" WSU and Memphis

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        Maybe WSU can join the BE too, since they are allowing public schools now. Help balance the league back out.

Crazy idea, since they would be an outlier, but UNLV would be interesting to explore.
                        UNM or Boise would be solid additions as well.

American is stronger than the MW right now. Maybe you could convince them to make the switch.
                        The Assman

Comment

I will find it hilarious if UConn men's basketball flounders in the Big east after being "held back" by the AAC.

Comment

Could BYU be feasible?

I’m hoping the American is aiming big. Dream Scenario: Kick out a couple other programs (you know who they are) and add a few from MW pans/or BYU.
                            The Assman

Comment

Working...
                            X