NBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Ja Morant, the 2nd overall pick, played in Class 3A in highschool. No ranking (probably like Ron Baker). Played only 2 seasons for Murray State. Now, this is real "gem"
      Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

Congrats and best of luck to Markis!

Comment

Good for Duff. Go out and prove them wrong.

Comment

Wichita State’s Markis McDuffie will get his shot for a chance to play in the NBA. The former Shocker standout signed a Summer League deal with the Indiana Pacers on Friday, according to the Wichita Eagle. The deal does not promise a final roster spot for McDuffie, as his performance will determine his future. The...

Comment

He is built a lot like Reggie Miller. Maybe ha can learn to shoot like him.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

If he doesn't initially land with NBA organization he got make a fortune overseas

Comment

{OregonShocker commented
                  1 hour ago
                  As a long time STH for the NBA, I think your comments are...off. There is bias towards star power, but no more than in college basketball. IF you want to see the BEST basketball played, you look at the NBA. Don't believe me? Good... ask Fred or Ron or Landry if they feel they're pro wrestling equivalents.}

I may have used the word "fake" to get everyone's panties in a bunch, but there is something inherently weird with the NBA. The NBA is a global entertainment product, like Playstation, XBox, Pepsi, or Coca-Cola. The NBA is marketed as such. They have an app for it, bobble heads, basketball cards, collectible figures, jerseys, shoes, and all kinds of paraphernalia. It is ENTERTAINMENT. They have the best basketball players on the planet. YES. I never said they didn't. The point I am trying to make is that there is something artificial or odd about how the NBA operates IN-GAME. It doesn't exactly enforce the rules of the game. Kind of like playing Monopoly but you also get to be the banker and take an extra $100 when you need to buy Baltic Avenue. It has a good business model, yes, I mean it must, it pays many of its employees millions of dollars a year. It favors the stars of the league, why? Because of the PRODUCT they are trying to sell. It is a global product. They play games overseas now because it has been so well marketed and fans from China or France want to see the stars come out and play.

At least you can admit "There is bias towards star power". I don't know why we need bias though, I mean, if player A on team F is so much better, why do his infractions get downplayed or ignored more than player B on the opposite team? Yes it occurs in College basketball as well, so lets start a NEW thread on why Duke and Kansas get ALL THE F*KIN CALLS AT HOME even if they're incorrect. I mean, if Svi Mykhailuk (sorry, spelling) can run down the floor with the ball, never dribble, and make a basket to win the game for the home team, well, I guess everyone is OK with that. As long as it doesn't happen against the Shocks, right? As a viewer of the NBA, and I kind of am, if you don't have problems with how it is being run in game, well, maybe you're just not watching closely. Sometimes it is VERY DIFFICULT to watch.

Comment

• pie n eye
                    pie n eye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Caps always help when you’re full of it.

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post

As a viewer of the NBA, and I kind of am, if you don't have problems with how it is being run in game, well, maybe you're just not watching closely. Sometimes it is VERY DIFFICULT to watch.
                  Well, I'm MORE than a kinda viewer. It's not NEAR as obvious as you make it out to be. But, as you admit and show with your examples, it is just as bad in college ball. Do you consider college ball "fake?" Yes, college ball is entertainment, too; it ain't pristine. There's a Shocker app, there's shocker paraphernalia (lord knows I've got a lot of that!) and there are not bobble heads and jerseys because of NCAA rules. Do I have a problem with in game operation, or with wtaching it? Absolutely not. It's still the best basketball on the planet. And, it all tends to pan out in the end. For every LeBron travel ignored there's a Durant travel ignored. It isn't that different than officials who call games "tight" in the first half and "loose" in the second. And NOTHING is a foul at any level in the last 10 seconds. So, you learn how to play the game differently in the association, just as you learn that college fouls are different than high school.

And I watch pretty closely.

Comment

the NBA is fixed

Comment

• pie n eye
                      pie n eye commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It was never broken

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                    He is built a lot like Reggie Miller. Maybe ha can learn to shoot like him.
                    this is a good plan

Comment

The NBA has no soul.
                      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Don't know about the average NBA game, but the finals I just watched was a helluva product and there was no evidence at all of cheating on the part of the officiating. It was high level basketball on both ends of the court -- in skill, in bbiq, in athleticism.
                        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

All of the unknown European players being drafted over the last two decades kinda negates the star power thing. Dirk, Gasol etc. NBA is a business and they want the best

Comment

Looks like Markis gets 4 games in Vegs in front of the NBA scouts from all 30 teams to make an impression.

Taylor Eldridge‏ @tayloreldridge

Here's Markis McDuffie's NBA Summer League schedule in July with the Pacers:
                            Sat (7/6) 6 pm vs. Memphis (NBA TV)
                            Mon (7/8) 4 pm vs. Detroit (ESPNU)
                            Tue (7/9) 4:30 pm vs. Atlanta (NBA TV)
                            Thu (7/11) 5 pm vs. Toronto (NBA TV)

2:58 PM - 21 Jun 2019

That's some significant pressure to perform. Probably won't see too many games where the players will be playing harder.

Comment

Working...
                            X