Kansas 22 games in 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas 22 games in 2011/2012

2011-12 Wichita State Basketball Statewide Television Schedule (11/4/11)

MEN
    SUN., DEC. 4, UNLV, WICHITA/CHARLES KOCH ARENA, 3:05 PM
    Wed., Dec. 28, at Bradley*, Peoria, IL/Carver Arena, 7:00 PM
    Wed., Jan. 4, at Evansville*, Evansville, IN/Ford Center, 7:00 PM
    Sat., Jan. 7 at Southern Illinois*, Carbondale, IL/SIU Arena, 2:05 PM
    TUES., JAN. 10, ILLINOIS STATE*, WICHITA/CHARLES KOCH ARENA, 7:05 PM
    FRI., JAN. 13, BRADLEY*, WICHITA/CHARLES KOCH ARENA, 7:05 PM
    Wed., Jan. 18, at UNI*, Cedar Falls, IA/McLeod Center, 8:00 PM
    SAT., JAN.21, SIU*, WICHITA/CHARLES KOCH ARENA, 7:05 PM
    Wed., Feb. 1, at Missouri State*, Springfield, MO/JQH Arena, 7:05 PM
    WED., FEB. 15, MISSOURI STATE*, WICHITA/CHARLES KOCH ARENA, 7:05 PM
    Wed., Feb. 22, at Illinois State*, Normal, IL/Redbird Arena, 7:05 PM

Bruce Haertl returns as play-by-play announcer for men's basketball telecasts on Kansas 22, with former Shocker player Craig Steven, Jr., serving as color analyst.

There are currently 21 of the 32 men’s basketball games announced to be televised, which includes the first round of the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament in St. Louis, Mo. The Bracketbuster series game, which will be announced Jan. 30, as well as the MVC Wildcard Weekend game, which will be announced Feb. 3, may also be televised.

No Tulsa game? I was really hoping to get to see that game on TV...

Comment

The Tulsa game really isn't being televised? Is this true? If so, it's VERY wrong.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

These are the KS22 games. Likely someone else will pick up the Tulsa game.
        “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
        John Wayne

Comment

Come on down and watch the game with me! Tickets go on sale tomorrow on the TU site.
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

KU & K State get IBA games. Ch 3 picks up spare KU games. WSU continues to get some Cox leftover channel. Its time for Wichita, as a whole to get behind WSU & the 10400+ who pack Koch Arena.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by 19SHOCKER76 View Post
              These are the KS22 games. Likely someone else will pick up the Tulsa game.
              Like who? ESPN has already announced their games. Same with FSN. That leaves the list pretty bare. I guess the only other option would be CBS College Sports. They do a fair share of CUSA games.

When was the last time a road game wasn't broadcast on tv?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Like who? ESPN has already announced their games. Same with FSN. That leaves the list pretty bare. I guess the only other option would be CBS College Sports. They do a fair share of CUSA games.

When was the last time a road game wasn't broadcast on tv?
                The game against USC in Vegas. We don't play that many BCS teams. That game should have been televised. Our Athletic Dept. just counted on us playing Kstate in the second round of that tourney and that Ksu would broadcast the game. That was a major blunder.

But not televising the Tulsa game would be a bigger one.

I have to believe that it will be part of a C-USA tv package. Possibly on CBS College Sports or whatever other tv package the C-USA has. Last year's San Diego St. game was on the Mountain Network.

Comment

Originally posted by Speed View Post
                  KU & K State get IBA games. Ch 3 picks up spare KU games. WSU continues to get some Cox leftover channel. Its time for Wichita, as a whole to get behind WSU & the 10400+ who pack Koch Arena.
                  I didn't know channel 3 was going to televise some Kwho games this year. That makes me mad. I don't watch ksn much anyway but now I will watch them even less. For years channel 10 broadcast the Shockers and then Channel 12. This move to COX22 is great for northeast Kansas but it sucks for people in Wichita and western Kansas.

It would be better if they could get more games on channel 12 (with COX carrying the games outside of the TV 12 viewing area so we still get statewide coverage).

Comment

I'm in a never ending delimma on this topic. I really like AT&T Uverse a lot better than Cox but missing these games is driving me crazy. I might actually be forced to switch back to Cox. I just wish these games were not affiliated with a cable provider. I feel like I'm being held hostage by Cox.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                      I'm in a never ending delimma on this topic. I really like AT&T Uverse a lot better than Cox but missing these games is driving me crazy. I might actually be forced to switch back to Cox. I just wish these games were not affiliated with a cable provider. I feel like I'm being held hostage by Cox.
                      You are. I understand, in part, why they like 22, but it's horrible and limits who can watch it. 22 really should be used to broadcast outside the area. The fact that we're not on an actual channel reeks of small time. But so does our broadcast crew and horrible picture.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Like who?
                        'Likely' was a poor choice of words, possibly would have worked better. Given a good start by the Shox (and/or TU), I think one of the networks mentioned here might just add this game. If not, I may have to rendezvous with @shockrah:.
                        “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
                        John Wayne

Comment

The Tulsa game HAS to be on TV. It would make no sense whatsoever for WSU to not televise that game.

Since the game is at Tulsa, TU controls the TV rights. I have to believe that the game is scheduled for College Sports TV, otherwise it would be on the COX 22 schedule.

Unless it will be on KWCH. I haven't heard their schedule yet. They still have been televising about 3 games a year since the COX22 package started.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            You are. I understand, in part, why they like 22, but it's horrible and limits who can watch it. 22 really should be used to broadcast outside the area. The fact that we're not on an actual channel reeks of small time. But so does our broadcast crew and horrible picture.
                            I was about to agree 100% with this and realized we just felt an earthquake!! 5.2 in Oklahoma. WOW.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by 19SHOCKER76 View Post
                              'Likely' was a poor choice of words, possibly would have worked better. Given a good start by the Shox (and/or TU), I think one of the networks mentioned here might just add this game. If not, I may have to rendezvous with @shockrah:.
                              I called Cox in Tulsa last year the day before the TU/WSU game, told them that Cox in Wichita was televising the game in Wichita, could they please air it in Tulsa. Luckily, OKC Thunder was not playing that night, and they were able to broadcast the game here. Cox rarely broadcasts TU games in Tulsa, so I doubt they will be broadcasting this one. Luckily for me, It's a 20 minute drive! Wohoo!
                              Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                              X