Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 50 college players of all time

YOUSUCKITPOX

That's a nice article to read. Lots of interesting tid bits about all kinds of players. The Pete Maravich stat was pretty cool. Higher PPG than FG%.

Nice mention of X in there.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

This list seems screwy. No Larry Bird?! He only finished 5th in NCAA scoring history at 30.3 ppg.

Comment

Hey, it can't be all bad if Mookie Blaylock made the list. He is one of my favorite college players of all time. X is at the top of my list, by the way.

Notwithstanding, Bird is a huge omission.

Comment

Go to the first page of the article and read his criteria. It is not as simple as a straight forward best players of all time list. (You can still quibble with choices of course, and even whether his choices always fit his criteria)
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Yeah that's the problem with making lists, especially greatest lists. You're always going to omit a few players that most would agree they should be on there. There are always guys certain fans of colleges will always ask why they're not there. I don't envy writers that make those lists, it almost seems like a set up for criticism every time. Leaving off Magic and Bird is questionable. But the content of the article itself is very good. Always nice to gain knowledge on players you may have never heard of. Like the guys who played back to back at Lipscomb who set the scoring record for careers. Very cool.

Comment

The point of the article was not the 50 greatest college players of all time, but the 50 greatest players whose college career exceeded their pro careers. He even explains himself about breaking his own rule with his #1 pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                The point of the article was not the 50 greatest college players of all time, but the 50 greatest players whose college career exceeded their pro careers. He even explains himself about breaking his own rule with his #1 pick.
                Total reading comprehension fail on my part.

Nice observation @Dan: thanks for the clarification.

Comment

No Wilt Chamberlain. If Kareem is on there, Wilt should be too. Kareem's college and pro careers were equally awesome.
                  Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Some may argue, "This feels wrong. When I think of the X-Man, I only think of him as a Supersonic." But that's only because these people did not follow Wichita State. Why would they? Imagine what it would have been like if McDaniel had led the nation in scoring and rebounding for Kansas. Brent Musburger would have said his name hundreds and hundreds of times. Wilt Chamberlain didn't lead the country in both scoring and rebounding, but McDaniel did? He doesn't get enough credit for this.
                    One thing I can say about Chuck Klosterman is the dude is pretty through(sp). Love listening to him on the BS Report

Comment

Wilt's pro career was better than his college career.

Comment

What about the Big O, Oscar Robertson?

I think I'll stop looking at these lists unless they are written by someone who is 120 years old and has been a basketball fan all of their life.
                        "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                        X