Doug Gottlieb on Fred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doug Gottlieb on Fred?

I seem to remember that some folks were a little miffed at Gottlieb because his assessment of Fred's skills were unflattering. Can anyone fill me in with what, in as much detail as possible, did D. Gottlieb say about Fred?

He basically said that Fred was a nice college basketball player that did not have the size, athleticism or ability to play in the NBA.

Maybe someone else can give you an exact quote. I never much cared for that soulless piece of ****
    The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

A link to Bob Lutz' recollection of Gottleeb's comments was posted early in Game Thread #4.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Or #5 ... can't remember.

IIRC, he and Bob went at it about the whole thing.

Comment

Meh. Fred has a ring. Dougie has an ankle monitor.

Comment

Dougie said Hubie Brown should lose his vote for MVP after voting for FVV instead of Kawhi
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

gottlieb doesnt understand that hubie brown voted for fvv for mvp because of his defense on curry. quite legitimate on hubie brown's part.

f%&*.. vanvleet was a defensive dynamo (not that gottlieb even halfway recognized it)
            Last edited by another shocker; June 14, 2019, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              Dougie said Hubie Brown should lose his vote for MVP after voting for FVV instead of Kawhi
              Where is this?

Comment

• lostshocker
                lostshocker commented
                Editing a comment
                page 3 of the warriors-raptors game 6 thread has a pic of the tweet.

1. Fred VanVleet is a world champion.
              2. Doug Gottlieb wore his shorts on backwards.

Comment

ABC Again, as you said, just come out and say you were wrong, Duggie, and this whole thing is forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  1. Fred VanVleet is a world champion.
                  2. Doug Gottlieb wore his shorts on backwards.
                  and got kicked out of Notre Dame for stealing and using credit cards. Not the sharpest tool in she shed. I just have a hard time taking anything he says too seriously. I guess Gottlieb deserves our sympathy. He clearly suffers from FVVDS.

Fred VanVleet = A relevance
                  Doug Gottlieb = A total irrelevance

Comment

once upon a time a jewish guy goes to catholic school... loses his mind, steals credit cards, gets kicked out, transfers to hillbilly u, gets his degree but never makes it big in b-ball, and spends his life professional life squashing the stories of hard working brothas from the hood.

sounds like little man syndrome.

Comment

• wufan
                      wufan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Blame the Jews! I’m just kidding.

• abdullah_sharif
                      abdullah_sharif commented
                      Editing a comment
                      haha! I don’t discriminate... call out on an equal level...but if the shoe fits you gotta wear it.

Experts in all areas frequently make mistakes on their assessments (see 2016 Presidential election). Most own up to them, or at least don't double down.

Comment

Doug just needs to have someone pimp slap him into reality. FVV didn't deserve to win the MVP, but getting a vote is not shocking. If you view FVV's Final's series holistically, his defense played an important part of Toronto wining the championship. Steph's season average FG shooting was 47%. He shot 41% in the Finals. Steph's 3 PT% season average was 43%, she shot 34% in the series. Steph shoots his average or better if FVV isn't guarding him.

Comment

Working...
                      X