• Show
Clear All

Fred plays a mean trumpet...

https://twitter.com/thescore/status/...693163520?s=21
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      My particularly favorite passage.

"being nominated for the NBA Sixth Man of the Year Award in 2018, more was expected from the Wichita State product this season. He delivered as a key two-way bench player for the Raptors. He didn’t get the headlines of Leonard, Lowry or Pascal Siakam, but he was every bit as valuable to Toronto"

And watching the highlight when Lowrey kicked it out to Fred, and Fred pump faked, dribble-set and drilled the 3, look at Curry. Fred ate his soul that moment, utterly defeated Curry.

Wanna completely shut down a two time NBA MVP? No problem! We got a FRED VAN VLEET!
      Last edited by ShockAzs; June 14, 2019, 01:07 AM.

Comment

I absolutely loved Fred ''s qoute about playing in the big moment. "This is why I work so hard in the summer" This was not his entire statement but it's the one that caught my attention. The dude is a gamer but he is not afraid of hard work and he knows when the work should be done. In the summer. Go shocks.

Comment

PS Congratulations to Adrian Griffin too. A kid from Wichita and Wichita East and now an assistant coach for Toronto. He said it right. " They make them tough from Wichita"

Comment

First, I'd just like to thank my mother and my father. And for my wife who has always believed in me.

Being Fred's #1 best fan hasn't always been easy at times, like when I had to go through that hamstring injury back in 2015-16. It was hard work for me, but I just kept pushing through it with faith and beer until it recovered. And then there was the NBA draft. Don't even get me started.

But what you people don't understand is that being #1 super fan takes a LOT of hard work in the off season:

You don't see the behind the scenes #1 pointy finger exercises at the office -- 1,000 a day MINIMUM. And even MORE, if I am not knocking them down 100%.

You aren't there when I am in the backyard working out my poetic FVV cheers with the megaphone and the neighbor's dog sitting in as an opposing fan.

You don't see the sweat dripping off my face when that neighbor calls the police and I have to climb three fences and run into a wheat field to hide.

What I am trying to say is, you can be anything you want to be if you just bet on some guy that has a butt load of talent. Probably best not to tell your wife how much you bet until you actually win though.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                I absolutely loved Fred ''s qoute about playing in the big moment. "This is why I work so hard in the summer" This was not his entire statement but it's the one that caught my attention. The dude is a gamer but he is not afraid of hard work and he knows when the work should be done. In the summer. Go shocks.
                The old Emmitt Smith Reebok commercial - “All men are created equal. Some just work harder in the preseason.”

Comment

The second time Klay has been denied a title (at least in part) because of Wichita State players? https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=310880265

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                    The second time Klay has been denied a title (at least in part) because of Wichita State players? https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=310880265
                    I been thinking about this the entire series. Who was guarding him for the shockers? I also remember that dunk by David Kyles. What a dunk.!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• bighouse
                      bighouse commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pretty sure it was Murry

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

And Gottlieb still hating
                      DG is an internet troll. Please do not feed the trolls.

Comment

LOL!!! Dude is such a tool:

Comment

• Eric
                          Eric commented
                          Editing a comment
                          How is this dickhead still employed?

Diggin all the Fred jerseys around town today.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Yo. If it hasn't already been mentioned, I watched the quick highlights on youtube of the whole game. That's awesome, BTW. But I noticed something Fred did on the loose ball on the floor at the end that resulted in the tech. When Leonard is diving with Green for the ball, Fred is looking for Curry to make sure he can't get the ball just in case. Fred is so stinking smart. What a stud!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X