No announcement yet.

Raptors vs Warriors Game #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toronto missed a lot of open shots and key free throws. And yet they lost by 1 and did not play well. D. Green of Toronto is awful. He can't guard anyone and he misses wide open 3. He is suppose to be a sniper but all I see is clang.!!!!!!!. On to the next game.

Comment

• Horn28Clem30
      Horn28Clem30 commented
      Editing a comment
      You do realize he was second in the league in 3 point percentage this year, had previously set a finals record for 3s in a series, and is known as a great defender right?

Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
    Toronto missed a lot of open shots and key free throws. And yet they lost by 1 and did not play well. Green is awful. He can't guard anyone and he misses wide open 3. He is suppose to be a sniper but all I see is clang.!!!!!!!. On to the next game.
    He's also the king of the illegal screen. Which is the base of golden states offense

Comment

• Shock Top
      Shock Top commented
      Editing a comment
      He was talking about Danny Green. Draymond is an excellent defender.

TO with momentum, then no TO on the last possession? Seems odd.
    The Assman

Comment

I thought Fred shoulda taken that shot instead of passing it over to Lowery. He was wide open. He’s deferring to the vets though.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree... Fred should have let his nuts hang and ended it. Could have been a Jimmy Chitwood type, storybook ending.

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish Nick Nurse would have said, "everyone's going to think Kawhi will take the last shot, but he'll pass to Fred and Fred will end the game."
        Nurse gets some skeptical looks in the huddle, when Fred 'winks' and says, "I'll make it." :)

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm so thirsty.....basketball means so much to me. I'm so cold, I'm so sorry.

I turned the game on with the Raptors leading 103-97. Sorry about that.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Nooooooooooooooooo

• JVShocker
        JVShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks a lot. :-(

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      TO with momentum, then no TO on the last possession? Seems odd.
      They only scored two points after that; on a goaltending, mind you.

Game losing call, it seems.

The Assman

Comment

NBA timeouts confuse me. Sometimes, it seems that teams call them only so media timeouts can happen. I’m sure there is more to it than that...but I can’t figure it out.
        78-65

Comment

• jdshock
          jdshock commented
          Editing a comment
          Preface: I haven't seen anyone defending Toronto's timeout, and I'm sure in hindsight it was obviously the wrong decision.

The key difference, at least this is my understanding, is that in the NBA you have mandatory timeouts. Since Toronto hadn't taken a timeout yet in the fourth, if they let the clock go under 3:00, they would've been charged a timeout at the next dead ball. I assume the general logic is that you just take the timeout on your own terms and try to come up with a play to keep the momentum going. As opposed to risking Toronto clanking a shot, then getting called for a foul or letting the Warriors hit a big shot, having a media timeout, and losing a timeout anyway.

Kawhi's play during that stretch was unbelievable, though. He looked the most like Jordan since Jordan. I'm sure in hindsight they'd prefer to have just kept it rolling.

Toronto missed a lot of open shots and key free throws. And yet they lost by 1 and did not play well. D. Green of Toronto is awful. He can't guard anyone and he misses wide open 3. He is suppose to be a sniper but all I see is clang.!!!!!!!. On to the next game.
        Green is a one trick pony. Lowery is one of the most overpaid players in the league.

Fred should’ve taken that shot when Kawhi was closed off as Option A. He would’ve made it.

I could see the Warriors now rallying around KD and winning this thing. Reminds me of the Kevin Ware Louisville scenario.

Comment

That Danny Green comment. He looked like a dog chasing his tale. Did not have a good game.

Agreed that first Kawhi shouldn't have passed the ball up. Toronto shouldn't have called the time out late. Fred should have taken the first good look - because NOBODY wanted that last shot.

Comment

I'll add another. NBA officiating is pretty bad-awful-inconsistent. Kawhi almost travels as often as Giannis, Harden and Lebron. All no calls.
            There are more moving and illegal screens in the NBA than I want to think about. Again, no calls. The NBA can be hard to watch.

Comment

NBA officiating is pretty inconsistent. It's frustrating. I think that's due to a combination of players trying to game officiating (driving in the lane and jumping backwards, trying to draw a foul on the trailing defender), players who are insanely quick, fast, strong, and big, and officials letting the crowd get to them.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Fred most definitely should have taken that shot. He had the best and most open angle, albeit he was a ways behind the arc but that is nothing for him. I think he would and could have made that shot. Toronto had a bad shooting game and still only lost by 1 so I think they are still in the drivers seat. They need to put it away in game 6. You don't want it to go to a winner take all game 7, IMO. Kawhi was very Jordanesque for that stretch to bring the Raptors back. He is a beast on both ends of the court. Watching Bob Myers weep about Durant makes me wonder if he pressured the team and KD to play last night. Feels like it and Kerr even said "I'll let Bob Myers answer that" at the presser when asked if Durant should have been playing.

Comment

Working...
                X