Raptors at Warriors Game #4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred got some praises here:

OAKLAND, CALIF.—Nick Nurse searches, he always searches, moving quickly from one idea to the next if things aren’t going well for the Raptors. He and his team try to figure it out on the fly because rotations sometimes change, lineups don’t always look the same, and there’s no reason to dawdle with the stakes being so high. And in the biggest game of the season — at least before this coming Monday night at home — Nurse’s rapid-fire...
    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

NBA Finals: Winners and Losers from Raptors-Warriors Game 4

"This youngster did not have a tremendous all-around game. He shot just 3-of-9 from the field and added eights in the mix. That's box scoring. What Van Vleet did on defense against Stephen Curry was legendary."

His write up is near the bottom.

Comment

• ShockerDropOut
        ShockerDropOut commented
        Editing a comment
        “Legendary”. ‘Nuff said.

FVV also had four rebounds and six assists and only two TOs.

Comment

Sorry if that's a duplicate.

One more. Go get 'em my friend.

#BetOnYourself #NotSatisfied

Comment

Wonder what ol' Goatlube thinks of our boy Fred now?
          "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
            Wonder what ol' Goatlube thinks of our boy Fred now?
            He really needs to be asked that question. I really want to hear his response.

Comment

Gottlieb thinks he’s tough as nails. He was clearly wrong that Fred was not an NBA player. But if he was effusive in his praise of FVV after the game at Saint Louis in the 13-14 season, the majority of our fan base would love him and wouldn’t be resorting to sophomoric insults like Goatlube. That’s an insult I would expect from a 15 year old.

Doug is a really smart basketball guy, but he got the FVV evaluation wrong. So did a lot of smart basketball guys. But hey, why not take good faith evaluations as a slight and try to put someone else down so we can make ourselves feel better?
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Gottlieb thinks he’s tough as nails. He was clearly wrong that Fred was not an NBA player. But if he was effusive in his praise of FVV after the game at Saint Louis in the 13-14 season, the majority of our fan base would love him and wouldn’t be resorting to sophomoric insults like Goatlube. That’s an insult I would expect from a 15 year old.

Doug is a really smart basketball guy, but he got the FVV evaluation wrong. So did a lot of smart basketball guys. But hey, why not take good faith evaluations as a slight and try to put someone else down so we can make ourselves feel better?
                'cause we don't know how to spell Gotleeb.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

... But hey, why not take good faith evaluations as a slight and try to put someone else down so we can make ourselves feel better?
                  Nah, we just do it to get a rise out of you. Ka-Ching!

"Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Say what you want Kel, but I wonder if he had the same opinion of Yogi Ferrell. You know, the guy who is also 6'0" tall, had a pre-college summer team of 4/5 stars around him and lost to Fred's team of lesser stars and much less height. This is something Fred continued to do against other higher "starred" team that summer. This, of course, was pre-WSU, but who am I to think that might be important. How about when Fred and Yogi locked horns in the Dance 3 years later and Fred won that "personal" battle again and the game. Now, if you can find that Gotlubed said Yogi wasn't NBA material, too, then I'll take all this back. However, that would mean he was wrong about both.

Comment

I'll take your word for what DG said. While I don't listen to Gottlieb regularly, I have only heard him disparage Fred. From the times at Wichita State when dismissed him, and used every opportunity on a bad play and criticize him against St. Louis U. (seemingly ignoring when Fred did something good) to just a month or so ago, during the Philly series, Gottlieb asked an NBA analyst whether it was fair to say that Fred wasn't a good enough player and not good enough athletically, to play on a play off stage, against a team of excellent athletes like Philly.

Now I will agree that Fred had a bad series against Philly and earned much fewer minutes. But either Gottlieb has not ever watched Fred when he has been good or he only emphasizes the bad. Every good player has stints of bad play and so does Fred. But to ignore the stretches of good play does not make for a good analyst.

Maybe I just listen at the wrong time but it seems to me that DG should watch enough basketball to see the good stretches too, so when a bad stretch happens, a good analyst could make a statement that says both sides.

Comment

• shoxlax
                        shoxlax commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If he would just say, “FVV has turned out to be a good NBA player and I was wrong about him” this would hit the reset button for me. Apparently he can’t or won’t do that, so the analysis of Fred and his future in the NBA is still his status on the subject.

Shockernet, where things stuck in one's craw go to never, ever die.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                        ShockTalk commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I did not personally here Gottlieb's comments/questions during the NBA playoffs and I will assume that Shockm has correctly reported what was said.

If so, it would appear FVV/WSU is still stuck in Gottlieb's craw to never, ever die.

• Shockm
                        Shockm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well I paraphrased and it was several weeks ago but that is what I took from it. It certainly wasn't stated in a positive way.

• C0|dB|00ded
                        C0|dB|00ded commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Shockernet, where banal comments are made in the hopes of garnering the most up-votes possible.

T

...:cool:

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Looks like he has taken up coaching a TBT team too! Too bad he is in a different regional!

Doug Gottlieb
                        The television broadcaster Syracuse fans love to hate will coach a team this summer.
                        He's heading up Team 23, a mix of players from various colleges whose biggest star had been former UCLA guard Jordan Adams before he switched allegiances and moved to Sons of Westwood, a UCLA alumni team.
                        The only way Boeheim's Army would play Gottlieb's team would be if both reached Championship Weekend in Chicago in August. Team 23 will play in the Greensboro regional.

Comment

I just wish GB would acknowledge he was wrong about FVV even being a potential NBA guard. Same for Jarmar Howard. Where is he?

Comment

• WstateU
                            WstateU commented
                            Editing a comment
                            A policeman in Wichita.

• C0|dB|00ded
                            C0|dB|00ded commented
                            Editing a comment
                            How ironical.

T

...:cool:
                        Working...