Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol

Comment

• Ten Things To Know: Recapping a wild Saturday in college hoops - NBC Sports

By Rob Dauster
      Jan 5, 2020, 12:45 AM EST

"Saturday was the first full day of college basketball league play, and there is a ton of stuff to talk about.

Here are the ten things you need to know to get caught up on all the action....

7. WICHITA STATE IS OFFICIALLY BACK
      The Shockers improved to 13-1 on the season, their only loss coming against a very good West Virginia team, with a 74-54 win over Ole Miss on Saturday. Erik Stevenson led the way with 29 points while Jamarius Burton chipped in with 16 points of his own. The Shockers don’t necessarily have any great wins this season, but they have put together a handful of wins that are impressive enough that we need to take note. They won at Oklahoma State, they beat Oklahoma, they beat VCU and this Ole Miss team they whooped up on is pretty good. The Shockers may turn out to be the class of the American this year.

On Thursday, they host Memphis. We’ll know then."

Comment

• I posted this in the Memphis pre-game topic, but fits here as well. Jump to the 39:45 mark.

Rob Dauster and Bobby Reagan are back with the Monday Overreactions podcast. They spend an hour talking through everything that happened in college hoops over the course of the last 72 hours, including Michigan State's resurgence, Louisville's struggles and Butler turning into JVUVA. If you want to know what that means, you'll have to listen.

Comment

• 10 takeaways from college basketball’s first full weekend of conference play - SB Nation

By Mike Rutherford@CardChronicle
          Jan 6, 2020, 1:30pm EST

"The conference grind portion of the 2019-20 college basketball season has arrived....

10. The tales of Wichita State’s demise appear to have been greatly exaggerated
          After an uncharacteristically subpar 2018-19, Wichita State appears to be back with a vengeance this season. The Shockers destroyed Ole Miss 74-54 on Saturday to improve to 13-1 on the year. Their lone loss is a 12-point defeat at the hands of West Virginia that looks much better now than it did at the time. With Cincinnati struggling mightily in year one under John Brannen and Memphis losing at home to Georgia and still adjusting to the realization that James Wiseman isn’t coming back, the AAC really needed Wichita State to regain its footing this year. The Shockers are not only stabilized, but they appear to be the class of the conference at the moment."

Comment

• I tend to hope that the team is thinking more along these lines to stay hungry:

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

10. The tales of Wichita State’s demise appear to have been greatly exaggerated
              Always love when people write things like this, and then leave off the 'by me.'

Comment

• Pretty good, dizzle -- maybe he ran out of space.

Comment

• No more worries about our FT's. Mom has it handled!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    No more worries about our FT's. Mom has it handled!!!

Well done Mama Burton!

Comment

• Originally posted by bighouse View Post

Well done Mama Burton!
                      Man that qoute from Mama Burton was spot on. " Our family motto across the board, is hard works pays off" No one is going to give you anything. You have to work for it.. If you work for it, it will come. " She hit it out of the park. Some kid has that ball and is running down the street. LOL Old School Counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Man that qoute from Mama Burton was spot on. " Our family motto across the board, is hard works pays off" No one is going to give you anything. You have to work for it.. If you work for it, it will come. " She hit it out of the park. Some kid has that ball and is running down the street. LOL Old School Counts.
                        Thanks for posting that quote TheShocktocles . I was getting ready to do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Always love when people write things like this, and then leave off the 'by me.'
                          Idk, did you see some of the game threads last year? He wasn't the only one.

Comment

• Guess Mama Burton was just as concerned with his free throws. How ironic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Guess Mama Burton was just as concerned with his free throws. How ironic.
                              I heard she wouldn't have said anything about it if it wasn't pointed out by ShockerNet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Guess Mama Burton was just as concerned with his free throws. How ironic.
                                Her exact words were Stop turning the ball over at the free throw line. JB responded by going 3-3. Shockernet, Dan, Fever, and Shotckles are so valuable to Shocker Nation. If I left off anyone else who deserve credit, I apologize. Keep on.

Comment

Working...
                                X