Booster Issues and Social Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booster Issues and Social Media

_kai_ edit: I moved quite a few posts from the Oshon recruitment thread that ventured off topic. It was all related to booster status and interacting with recruits on social media. I figured a whole new thread would be better than just cleaning them out of the system.

O_Dub_AyeeOshon west

@ShockerHoops hook me up with some wichita state fans...
    Last edited by _kai_; November 2, 2011, 06:57 PM. Reason: Moved posts from other thread.
    In the fast lane

Ummm....no?

Comment

That spells trouble!
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
        That spells trouble!
        Its not trouble to follow someone at this point, filling his inbox is another story. Showing some Shocker love for a player online without communicating with him isn't any more an issue than fans at a game with posters saying "Be A Shocker Oshon"

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          Its not trouble to follow someone at this point, filling his inbox is another story. Showing some Shocker love for a player online without communicating with him isn't any more an issue than fans at a game with posters saying "Be A Shocker Oshon"
          I don't Tweet, so I don't know what else was said, but I didn't get that impression of what you said just from Trop's post.

Comment

Nothing else has been said other than one person tweeting that he was a shocker recruit. Didnt really like that, but he wasn't talking to Oshon, just mentioned him in a tweet.

HOPEFULLY most are smart enough not to say anything that would jeopardize the University.

Comment

Nothing else has been said other than one person tweeting that he was a shocker recruit. Didnt really like that, but he wasn't talking to Oshon, just mentioned him in a tweet.

HOPEFULLY most are smart enough not to say anything that would jeopardize the University.
              Most are. It's not them I'm concerned about.

Comment

I take it that Oshon just wants some Shocker followers, that's all.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Oshon tweeted to ShockerHoops. ShockerHoops did not tweet to Oshon. IMO, Oshon is just asking for Shocker fans to follow him on twitter. It's not inappropriate to follow a recruit. As DownTown Shocker Brown said, it's just showing them some love. But please don't tweet him to make sure there is no trouble.

This guy really likes the Shockers. I don't see him asking for followers from other schools. I'm thinking he is more than likely our next commit for 2013. I'm pretty excited about him.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Of course.... f'n idiots. I stand corrected. Guess it was a bad idea. Some people will never learn.

At least some fans have sense of keep your mouth shut. They calling him out on it.

Comment

Of course.... f'n idiots. I stand corrected. Guess it was a bad idea. Some people will never learn.

At least some fans have sense of keep your mouth shut. They calling him out on it.
                      Not sure what your post means (I have a hard time reading my own posts), but I fully agreed with your first post regarding "following" that I quoted, it's just that I wasn't sure how others would take Trop's post and what they may do. If some have "called him out" by tweeting him that, they too would be wrong in their actions, not by NCAA standards, but possibly hurting WSU's chances.

Comment

I might add: The problem with these social networks is that one may never be sure just who they are communicating to. Are they friend or foe? Is it someone from school A asking a recruit to sign with school B just to get school B in trouble. Is it someone from school A pretending to be from school B and trash talking to the recruit to get him mad at school B.

So like you said, just follow, don't communicate. As for recruits, they need to be wary of any communication from someone they do not personally know.

Comment

I didn't ReTweet Oshon when he tweeted me, or reply back simply because I do not know my status to relating to being a booster or not. I really wish I got a response from the Athletic Department when I emailed them about what I would be classified as.

I do not want Oshon to think I am giving him the cold shoulder, but at the same time I'm taking the safe road by not replying back as I do not know the ramifications of talking to him based on my unknown status at this time.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by downtown shocker brown View Post
                            of course.... F'n idiots. I stand corrected. Guess it was a bad idea. Some people will never learn.

What are you talking about? Who are you calling f'n idiots?
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                              What are you talking about? Who are you calling f'n idiots?
                              I think he's referring to the few fans who tweeted Oshon about Wichita State.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X