X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3-point line moved by NCAA

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartanntp

Moves from 20'9" to international line of 22'1 3/4"

Bigger change to me is the shot clock will go to 20 seconds instead of 30 after the ball hits the rim.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      I assume that is only if the offesnive team gets the rebound.

March Madness is the biggest thing in sports. Why do they want to **** with it?

Comment

I think both changes make sense. The deeper 3 will have defenders 2' further from the basket, so the lane won't be as much of a traffic jam on drives. Help defenders will need an extra step.

A lot of teams never get into their offense until there are 10 or fewer seconds on the shot clock any way. Those teams just dribbled and passed around the perimeter for 20 seconds after an offensive rebound. We saw a bit of that from the Shox last year, although the player most responsible for that is gone.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I can't remember -- did we see the deeper 3 point line during the NIT?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Plus the wider lane, no fouls shots until the 5th foul with files reset to 0 at the 10:00 miniute mark of each half and I beleive the 20 second shot clock after offensive rebounds.

Stupid move made only to favor the Blueblood as usual.

Comment

This is good for Stevenson.

Comment

I like both. Still need the move to quarters like every other level, but both of these changes mimic the NBA, which has even deeper 3 point lines and reset the 24 to 14 on the offensive rebound. Longer 3 opens the driving lanes.

Comment

Count me as not liking it. If I wanted to watch the nba or international basketball, I would.
            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Not happy with the change to the shot clock but am okay with the new distance for the three.

Comment

Love the 3 point move back. The college 3 is too easy. The shot clock thing will certainly have early bugs. I assume there's a button at the score table someone pushes to reset the clock. How many times will the wrong button be pushed? Even by accident? And if the ball hits the rim and its a loose ball rebound or a scramble? Which button gets pushed? Just seems odd

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
                  Love the 3 point move back. The college 3 is too easy. The shot clock thing will certainly have early bugs. I assume there's a button at the score table someone pushes to reset the clock. How many times will the wrong button be pushed? Even by accident? And if the ball hits the rim and its a loose ball rebound or a scramble? Which button gets pushed? Just seems odd
                  I assume the default will be to reset the clock to 20 seconds after the ball hits the rim, and if the defensive team secures the rebound after a few seconds of a loose ball, the poor guy at the scorers table will need to add 10 seconds to the shot clock. So to your point, more buttons, more confusion.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

I assume the default will be to reset the clock to 20 seconds after the ball hits the rim, and if the defensive team secures the rebound after a few seconds of a loose ball, the poor guy at the scorers table will need to add 10 seconds to the shot clock. So to your point, more buttons, more confusion.
                    Don't think they could handle that in St. Louis
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Doesn't the NBA already have something where there's a different shot clock after an offensive rebound?

I imagine the clock will not be reset to either 20 or 30 seconds until someone has control of the ball, rather than when it touches the rim.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                      X