Shout Out to the Shadow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shout Out to the Shadow!

My group decided to try the Shadow prior to the LSU game. I came away pleasantly surprised. The wait staff was excellent, the beverages were cold and the food was very good. I have no connection to the Shadow or the previous Grape… actually that’s the first time I’ve ever stepped foot in the place. The upscale décor reminded me of something you’d see in NYC… not the typical sports bar feel, but something that was a nice change of pace.

I have read complaints from posters about the Shadow and decided to experience it first hand to form my own opinions. Although, my group wasn’t able to take them up on their offer, they did ask us if we wanted to ride the complimentary shuttle to and from the game... the gesture was very much appreciated.

In summary, if they’re a supporter of WSU, then I will continue to support them. They obviously stepped up with KGSO and for that I’m very thankful to them. I thoroughly enjoy the 2 hour pre-game show with Randy and Chris… honestly, it’s well done.
    I recommend that all you TRUE WSU fans support this establishment… they have earned it in my opinion. My feelings on the Cedar have been expressed before… unfortunately, I won’t go back there until either new ownership or management takes over… and I understand that could possibly be in the works.

Drive Safe, Wear Yellow (gold), and “blow the roof off” Koch Arena. :goshocks:

Merry Christmas to everyone… may we all be reminded of the true meaning of this special holiday.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

I may try it at some point, but getting there around 4pm for a 7pm game is a little too much pregame for me.

I went there when it was the grape and wasn't so impressed. However, it has always been a popular east side stop, whatever the name.

Comment

I too would recommend Shocker Fans to go to the Shadow for a pre game get togather. I was there for the LSU Game and had the Steak Special....it was terrific. I would also recommend taking the bus, which was super comfortable. They drop you off and pick you upright by the door. After the game is over you are delivered back to the Shadow. Go Shocks !!! :yahoo: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :goshocks: :yahoo: :posterwu:

Comment

Originally posted by WSU Cowboy
        I too would recommend Shocker Fans to go to the Shadow for a pre game get togather. I was there for the LSU Game and had the Steak Special....it was terrific. I would also recommend taking the bus, which was super comfortable. They drop you off and pick you upright by the door. After the game is over you are delivered back to the Shadow. Go Shocks !!! :yahoo: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :goshocks: :yahoo: :posterwu:
        Questions re the shuttle...how many does it seat? What time does it depart for the game? What time, how many minutes after the game, did it arrive back at the Shadow? Was that the bus parked on the outlet drive to Hillside just south of Koch?
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

When my wife and I stay in town (at her folks) we most always hit Yia Yia's or Bella Donna for a post game glass of wine, which is a nice night cap. Most folks already know of Yia Yia's but Bella Donna is a welcome smoke-free establishment that is simple and elegant, if Northern Italian fare is to your liking I recommend checking it out.

Due to our roughly 2 hour drive pre-game isn't usually an option. But we'll keep the Shadow in mind for later this season, thanks for the recommendation.

Remember the reason for the season indeed! Merry Christmas & ...

Go Shocks!!!!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

The shadow is cool.

I remember the grape and have fond memories of the place *both good and bad*

I went right before the ark tech game I believe it was and had a good time.

I would be there tonight if i wasnt forced to attend my girlfriends family christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood
              I may try it at some point, but getting there around 4pm for a 7pm game is a little too much pregame for me.

I went there when it was the grape and wasn't so impressed. However, it has always been a popular east side stop, whatever the name.
              We weren't able to arrive until 5:45... we had our food by 6:00 and headed for the arena at 6:30... arrived in our seats at 6:55... a front door parking spot is worth the big bucks. :good:

I actually like the 4:00 pm start time of the show... it gives us "out of towner's" something to listen to on our commute to Wichita.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock
                When my wife and I stay in town (at her folks) we most always hit Yia Yia's or Bella Donna for a post game glass of wine, which is a nice night cap. Most folks already know of Yia Yia's but Bella Donna is a welcome smoke-free establishment that is simple and elegant, if Northern Italian fare is to your liking I recommend checking it out.

Due to our roughly 2 hour drive pre-game isn't usually an option. But we'll keep the Shadow in mind for later this season, thanks for the recommendation.

Remember the reason for the season indeed! Merry Christmas & ...

Go Shocks!!!!
                I've been to Tuscany several times (mostly Pisa plus Rome) and I had no idea that a place like http://www.wichitacitymag.com/Wichit...le-in-Tuscany/ existed in Wichita. I'll have to check it out. (It's been 3 or 4 years since I last visited Italy; maybe I should go back. :good: ) I thought the poster meant Bella Luna Cafe; just shows you what I know. :D
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                X