No announcement yet.

Penny's Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If someone claimed I wasn't a WSU fan I'd just laugh at them,I wouldn't get defensive. But that's just me. I'm laid back.

There's lots of fun things here, some ridiculous discussion here (gotta love it, honestly). It's....a fan message board.

Comment

• ShockerFever pointed out a very interesting posting history. Also, the use of WS instead of WSU is kinda telling.

I wish i had a water cooler where I could talk Shocker basketball. Instead, I think I will join Rivals to talk about the Shox. Maybe the Tulsa board over there has some good threads on WSU recruiting.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by WSM View Post

WSM stands for WS = Wichita State, M = my last name, my degree (Master's), my major (management science), and my specialty (supply chain Management) which is through WS. I am new to this site because I have been paying to be on another site for several years. I thought I would save some money and join here. However, instead of having rational discussions about the strength and weaknesses of WS basketball and our conference foes, I have to defend whether I am a loyal WSU fan. Frankly, this is just not worth the effort...........signing off.
        And, we'll still whip you guys on the glass...

Arrivederci.

Comment

• News release today that 5* recruit James Wiseman was given 11K. Memphis players are wearing shirts with targets on the back, saying that the NCAA is going after them unfairly.

Comment

• How old do you think Lomax will be when he realizes he made a very poor life choice?

Comment

• Everyone makes poor choices. Just can't let them define you or keep you from making better choices later in life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                How old do you think Lomax will be when he realizes he made a very poor life choice?
                I wouldn’t be too quick to judge his decisions. He is on a very talented Memphis team that will take some time to gel. He lived with Penny for some time on top of playing under him for several years. Let the man make his own choices and carry on with the exciting roster we currently have, they’ll make their own noise this year.. I’m confident of that.

Comment

• Pennt is kind of sticking it to the NCAA by playing the guy the NCAA says is ineligible. I doubt that Wiseman had the attorneys lined up to challenge the NCAA within 30 minutes of the NCAA's ruling. I'd expect that Memphis had that lined up in Wiseman's behalf. Probably had found a favorable judge too.

By tying up the issue in court, with appeals if there's an unfavorable ruling, Memphis can probably play Wiseman all year. The problem with that approach is that the NCAA doesn't like schools sticking it to them. Could turn out very badly for Memphis in the long run. Possible huge future sacrifice to chase a to-be-vacated Natty this year.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• According to Kennedy and Doll, they can play him in the regular season but if the the NCAA does not sign off on his eligibility by tournament time, they won't be invited to the tournament as it is their tournament. At least that's what I took from their comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Pennt is kind of sticking it to the NCAA by playing the guy the NCAA says is ineligible. I doubt that Wiseman had the attorneys lined up to challenge the NCAA within 30 minutes of the NCAA's ruling. I'd expect that Memphis had that lined up in Wiseman's behalf. Probably had found a favorable judge too.

By tying up the issue in court, with appeals if there's an unfavorable ruling, Memphis can probably play Wiseman all year. The problem with that approach is that the NCAA doesn't like schools sticking it to them. Could turn out very badly for Memphis in the long run. Possible huge future sacrifice to chase a to-be-vacated Natty this year.
                      They 100% found a favorable judge considering half the judges in Shelby County (lived there for 3 years) went to UM Law and many did their undergraduate degrees there.

However, I'm not sure that the Shelby County Chancery Court, where the TRO was issued, actually will end up having jurisdiction in this matter. The NCAA will probably try to move it to federal court and I highly doubt a federal judge would issue an injunction in this case.

I'm not sure how Wiseman can argue he is subject to irreparable harm, likelihood of success on merits, and the other factors for injunction by being ruled ineligible for a rules violation that appears to be clear as day.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

How old do you think Lomax will be when he realizes he made a very poor life choice?
                        This it aint it Chief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

This it aint it Chief.
                          OK, Sport.

I see many of you are also not very good at looking at the big picture.

Comment

OK, Sport.

I see many of you are also not very good at looking at the big picture.
                            Enlighten us, you’re mad that a then-18 year old kid you have never met once in your life decommitted from a program you have no control over because you felt like he somehow owed it to you to wear those colors?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post

Enlighten us, you’re mad that a then-18 year old kid you have never met once in your life decommitted from a program you have no control over because you felt like he somehow owed it to you to wear those colors?
                              I am not mad. WSU will be just fine. I don't think it's difficult to see that Lomax's basketball career probably would've progressed in a way much more advantageous to Lomax had he not gone to Memphis. He might very well have a lot more fun over his collegiate career with the decision he made. And maybe that will be worth it. Time will tell.

Comment

I am not mad. WSU will be just fine. I don't think it's difficult to see that Lomax's basketball career probably would've progressed in a way much more advantageous to Lomax had he not gone to Memphis. He might very well have a lot more fun over his collegiate career with the decision he made. And maybe that will be worth it. Time will tell.
                                Ok Boomer

Comment

Working...
                                X