No announcement yet.

Season Ticket Renewals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it’s been so long since the last game that i forgot about the .shitty. in game production.. equilibrium met.. for traders out there.. rollover is next.

i have plenty of friends in the program and will continue to support, but the recklessness of those in administration is dangerous.

i hope they they know what they’re doing.

Comment

Long as the product is on the floor is strong I will be there in row 34, the rest is just fluff and can live with. We had to know this was coming with the change and added expense of the American. We could always go back to the. MVC save 1.2 mil on travel and other expenses and only pay a coach $300k to $500k.

Comment

Has anyone else not received their SASO bill? Thought that usually came around in April.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          May want to get on the phone. Payment was due May 6th.

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Yikes!

Originally posted by KraRam View Post
        Long as the product is on the floor is strong I will be there in row 34, the rest is just fluff and can live with. We had to know this was coming with the change and added expense of the American. We could always go back to the. MVC save 1.2 mil on travel and other expenses and only pay a coach $300k to $500k.
        Being competent and high major when running the in-game production and being in a better conference aren’t mutually exclusive.

And for the record, the pricing models from season tickets to concessions were already on a steep hike long before entering the American.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

<snip> When people start realizing they are being taken for granted, they’ll be in trouble and it’ll be too late. <more ,snipoping>
          This thing. Seems like a dart popping a balloon to come up with a number. Just silly, really. Like the price of a bag of candy, only magnified 500%. Raising the price of the bag of candy every year will net you a reduction in the bags of candy consumed. At some point, people stop looking at the candy, or they only buy the candy on sale. When your consumer finds something to REPLACE the candy, you've got a big problem, because the consumer will (over a period of time) find the sweet taste in the new replacement product. I don't know how you win those consumers back, really. I think the post office suffers from the same dilemma.

Comment

agreed jvshocker(1)... well said.

part of my point on the price points was that the secondary (resale) market is accurately pricing the tickets... well below the current season ticket/saso due price. it seems as if about 9,500 are willing to pay the premium (not including the 1,000 for students)... but like fever said, when others figure it out, i’m not sure how you get them back as they’ll feel taken advantage of.

i know that the job of the athletic department is to get the most out of the donors and ticket buyers as possible - just want them to know that they’ve passed equilibrium and may be on a downward trend. I hope that i’m wrong and will eat crow if necessary - but with essentially all games on tv and prices out of whack, they need to realize that we have options. I can take ten friends to pumphouse and drink a ton of beer, eat dinner, and socialize while watching the game for quite a bit less than attending. Quite appealing at times.

Comment

So, this is just my two cents, but as an out of towner that occasionally attends games, some of the things you guys complain about seems silly. I never notice the promos or the so called "crappy" experience. My wife, who is from Wyoming and went to the University of Wyoming, RAVES about the Koch arena atmosphere, and SHE is the one who insists we attend a game if the Shox are playing at home when we're in town. The Koch experience beats the hell out of CU and CSU, and my wife's alma mater.

I'm not saying the AD can't or shouldn't improve things, but sometimes I wonder if half the "problem" is a spoiled and whiny fan base.

You can bet the next time we're at a game, we'll have a great time despite the lack of bottle caps, SLIGHTLY overpriced concessions, promos, and whatever the hell else y'all complain about that we don't bother noticing because we're having a great time and are proudly supporting the boys.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                So, this is just my two cents, but as an out of towner that occasionally attends games, some of the things you guys complain about seems silly. I never notice the promos or the so called "crappy" experience. My wife, who is from Wyoming and went to the University of Wyoming, RAVES about the Koch arena atmosphere, and SHE is the one who insists we attend a game if the Shox are playing at home when we're in town. The Koch experience beats the hell out of CU and CSU, and my wife's alma mater.

I'm not saying the AD can't or shouldn't improve things, but sometimes I wonder if half the "problem" is a spoiled and whiny fan base.

You can bet the next time we're at a game, we'll have a great time despite the lack of bottle caps, SLIGHTLY overpriced concessions, promos, and whatever the hell else y'all complain about that we don't bother noticing because we're having a great time and are proudly supporting the boys.
                Attending only 1 or 2 games per year certainly helps your situation, especially when you aren’t putting a good chunk of your salary to attend them.

Trust me when we say the non-basketball product has gone downhill.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• im4wsu
                  im4wsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But how does attending only one or two games a year change the product, overall experience, or whatever? How much would you pay for the very best non-basketball product if there were no basketball? Are you paying to go to a basketball game or to eat nachos and watch the timeout scenes?

As someone who attends a road game or two a year, our experience blows. We might beat the University of Wyoming but Oklahoma State puts together a product 10x what we have. The infuriating part is that we have the hard part (the crowd) covered but we get a 0/10 in the easy part (production quality). One ounce of effort and we can have one of the best experiences in the country instead of a middling one.

And for the record, we’re getting bottle caps next year. Because the athletic department likes to make up rules to enforce or not enforce.

Comment

Thanks for reminding me that I'm spoiled and whiny. I guess those of us who continued to support the Shockers with our attendance, cheering, and wallets through the 90's should have just packed our bags at Cohen's hiring. After all, we're not true fans. I was mistaken about the almost 40 years of SASO and season tickets. Silly me.

However, maybe you shouldn't compare the WSU "experience" with two schools whose basketball programs have basically been irrelevant for almost 50 years.

Comment

Prices are up, games are all available on TV, the "game experience" is not as good. It's a risk

Comment

I'm certainly spoiled. I was attending WSU in the Turgeon years before we were "good". The place was still packed and when we went on a run, the crowd was LOUD and almost begging the other team to take a timeout. When they did, the band cranked up and the crowd got even louder.

Now, the other team calls a timeout and we all sit top watch the worst athlete in the crowd attempt to shoot a small ball through a toilet seat. No bottle caps? Expensive beer and nachos? I don't care, but I'd really like to make the other team regret calling a timeout again. I want that atmosphere back.

Comment

I was just pointing out the fact the WSU experience beats the socks off a normal CBB game, and you really have nothing to complain about. But if you must complain, go ahead.

I forgot how much complaining was a competitive sport in Wichita. My bad.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I was just pointing out the fact the WSU experience beats the socks off a normal CBB game, and you really have nothing to complain about. But if you must complain, go ahead.

I forgot how much complaining was a competitive sport in Wichita. My bad.
                          I’m not sure we should be comparing our basketball program to a scrubby, non-relevant, run-of-the-mill atmosphere as well. Of course if that’s the goal of the athletic department, then well I guess everything makes sense.

I don’t think you’re understanding the big picture and your once-a-season attendance doesn’t give you a complete overall judgment of what’s going on.

When you drop thousands a year and receive a meh return and then get gouged for $5 for something as basic as a few hydrogen and oxygen atoms, and you come away still satisfied, then get back to me. I don’t think it’s asking too much to have a decent in-game production and maybe a markup of 200% on basic concessions, instead of 500%.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• AndShock
                            AndShock commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly. Yes. Our product is much better than Drake's and Evansville's. I haven't been, but I bet our product sucks compared to Cincy's. They did manage to have a white-out last year, which our Athletic Department is on record as saying is "too expensive."

Go to an OKC Thunder game and see how a game is supposed to be produced. They somehow limit the cheap timeout promotions all while having a payroll over 150 million.

Comment

• im4wsu
                            im4wsu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Wonder what their share of the NBA player's union contract and the TV contract is worth. Maybe their halftime can be more than the Texan with the dog that watched him preach on bended knee.
                        Working...
                        X