Season Ticket Renewals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Ticket Renewals

Looks like season ticket renewals are hitting the mailboxes starting today. I can see I have it waiting thanks to my Informed Delivery notice. Curious to see what kind of bump in ticket prices there are, if any.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Upper Chairback went from $500 last season to $515 next season.
    78-65

Comment

• Ol skool
      Ol skool commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Yesterday I Paid saso same as last year and tickets went from 500 to 515.

Hell, I just got hit for SASO
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

any guesses on renewal percentage?

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
      any guesses on renewal percentage?
      5.12% for my tickets in 104/13
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought the question was what percentage of season ticket holders will renew. There are always some who don't although the prices may be getting to the breaking point for an increasing number of folks. Still I would expect a very high rate of renewal.

• im4wsu
        im4wsu commented
        Editing a comment
        72, I'm too old to change concepts in the middle of a discussion.

My guess is a small percentage will not renew, the waiting list will clear, and there will be a handful of seats with the "available" sign on them at Shocker Madness.

I'm glad the increases for tickets and SASO were still fairly small. We keep inching closer and closer to a decision point for me on season ticket prices.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        I just give up a few more things each year; a few less beers, a few less glasses of wine, a few less bottles of bourbon, a few less cigars, a few less...
        I dreamed of the day we could once again play a home game against the likes of UCONN, Temple, Cinncinatti, Houston, SMU, Tulsa, UCF, etc. Oh crap, I forgot Memphis, how could I forget them? :) Enjoy it people, there's no guarantees it will last forever. These are the days my friends...

https://media.giphy.com/media/McoUcXyPk7MQ0/giphy.gif

i let my eight go... center court midlevel. it was about arbitrage for me.

i understand the risk., and may spend about the same per ticket on the games we make but i wont have to worry about finding a home for tixx to ecu, usf and the non-con cupcakes.

ticket prices have been out of whack between the primary market (season tickets purchased outright) versus the secondary market (resale) for at least 4 years now.

Comment

This is kind of the 1st year the SASO deduction is not tax deductible any more either as I'm guessing most people doubled up their donation in 2017 for 2018 as well.

Comment

We are going to do it again, but this may be the last time. We are not getting any younger and virtually ever game is televised.

Comment

I currently do tickets for all sports for the bonus SASO points, but considering ticket prices are going up and I don't even use the Baseball tickets anymore I'll probably just drop all the other sports this year to offset the costs. Tried to use my punch pass for 7 people last baseball game and they didn't even punch it. It was the only time this year I used it...then I found out the beers are $8...I'll be broke if I drink enough to the point I don't care the baseball teams sucks. /End Rant.

Comment

I'd really like to get 3 tickets instead of just 2, but the increase in SASO to get to that third ticket is just stupid. I wish they would give flexibility on that especially when they aren't selling out.

Comment

• SHOCKvalue
              SHOCKvalue commented
              Editing a comment
              They’ll do singles with a fractional SASO. Call them. I personally know folks with singles like this.

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sweet! ... thanks for that info. Now to just see if I can get 3 seats together ha!

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              I heard that there is a group of seats available center court midlevel.

It concerns me that it seems like the athletic department is being run by a lot of people that lack experience in basic finance.

They have made some dumb moves and seem to be fine with the approach of gouging their client base to the very last drop before the bubble pops. They’ll be able to get away with it a little longer in basketball, but the traditional 2nd biggest $$ generating sport of baseball is getting close to being put out to pasture.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Cost hasn’t increased (seat plus SASO) enough to really belabor the change, but the in-game experience anymore is so absolutely piss poor that it really makes you ponder giving them up.

The only entertainment to the experience anymore is solely when the game clock is running. The atmosphere and energy otherwise is a black hole of some combination of incompetence and noshitsgiven.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                The only entertainment to the experience anymore is solely when the game clock is running. The atmosphere and energy otherwise is a black hole of some combination of incompetence and noshitsgiven.
                Yep. Gouging more $$ (even minimally) without improving or changing aspects of the experience is just not smart business. When people start realizing they are being taken for granted, they’ll be in trouble and it’ll be too late. Just simply collecting SASO checks annually while doing nothing on the in-game experience, while similarly upping already outrageous concession fare is quite simply moronic business practice.

The program on the floor with a supporting fan base deserves better than a low major production that takes advantage of people.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You do realize that the SASO contribution goes 100% to scholarships. Nothing else is funded with those funds.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I believe you might be missing the point.

Some are coming from a personal affordability standpoint and/or "that's the thanks we get" by momentum busting promos, reduction/elimination of halftime entertainment, and definite gouging on concessions.

Instead of improvement, you have regression. All at a time when the personal in-game experience has become much more important due to the availabilities to watch the games on high quality big screen TVs at home or elsewhere with other fans.

Add: One can also get replays on TV that they refuse to show in-person. I do not believe this is a conference requirement.
                Working...
                X