Pretty boring on here, so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty boring on here, so...

looking into the chrystal ball...5 year predictions....no WAY we can have any inkling of truth but just for fun....

So here goes...
    *Marshall still coaching here
    * Koch has been renovated with luxury additions
    * WSU will feature at least ONE homegrown star
    * Memphis will be the bar setter in the league as long as Penny stays
    * WSU back in the every year the the BIG DANCE

OK....

5 NCAA appearances
    4 round of 32
    3 league RS titles
    3 league tourney titles
    3 S16
    2 E8
    1 F4

Winning record vs Memphis

Comment

• bighouse
      bighouse commented
      Editing a comment
      sign me up

• Shocktoberfest
      Shocktoberfest commented
      Editing a comment
      No natty? C'mon!

Okay, I'll play - but nobody can beat my starting five. :poster_shocks:

1. I will have something really positive to say about play from WSU seniors and how they like to share the ball with regularity.
    2. Lids will provided on all bottled drinks, but they'll still be completely overpriced.
    3. There will be more than one comment about lack of intelligence on the in-game promos, and when to use the band to get the crowd going in a close game.
    4. A good intro video will be made that NOT ONLY focuses on current players and their play, but also pays homage to the history of Shocker basketball, especially the GM era.
    5. Head coach GM will call an appropriate time out during a critical part of a ball game. LOL. :yahoo:

Comment

The ongoing Adidas trial is interesting.

Former Arizona assistant Book Richardson says head coach Sean Miller paid center Deandre Ayton $10,000 per month to play for the Wildcats.

Comment

Take a quick look at the AZ 247 message board to see just how delusional that fan base is. The evidence is staggering!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Take a quick look at the AZ 247 message board to see just how delusional that fan base is. The evidence is staggering!!!
          On Twitter their fans are basically saying that unless Miller is on camera directly handing a stack of money to a player then nothing should be done because "there is no proof". All of this is just big bad reporters painting Arizona in a bad light and the reporters should lose their jobs.

It's comical

Comment

• Aargh
            Aargh commented
            Editing a comment
            They might have a point. Unless there's some corroboration, maybe the assistant coach was lying to try to get more money out of Dawkins and just making stuff up.

At a minimum, the NCAA is going to have to find some unexplained expenditures from the players involved. Or maybe the player was dumb enough to tell a bunch of people how much he was getting. It's pretty rare that the players will tell the NCAA they were getting paid.

This ain't no slam dunk.

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            But is there evidence of the reporter actually typing the report and signing it and then handing it in for publication?
            Last edited by Dan; May 2, 2019, 09:40 AM.

WSU will have a player on the roster within the next 5 years that will eventually be hanging with X, AC, Cleo and Cliff.

AAC will send at least 2 teams to the final 4.

WSU and KSU will agree to a home and home series.

Shox will be ranked more times than not.

We will be in the tourney for the next 5 years and counting.

"When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
            WSU will have a player on the roster within the next 5 years that will eventually be hanging with X, AC, Cleo and Cliff.

It would be nice to retire a couple jerseys. I’m thinking Baker and Van Vleet will be due in the next 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

It would be nice to retire a couple jerseys. I’m thinking Baker and Van Vleet will be due in the next 5 years.
              agree!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

I llke all your predictions but one. I hope we never schedule a home and home series with Kstate or the chickenhawks. They have had multiple chances to schedule the shocks for the past 20 years and beyond. It doesn't really matter which excuse they make today or what they have used in the past to not play the shocks. My attitude is fk them. Their arrogance knows no boundary.

A recent example on the Kstate fans arrogance is that they accuse Marshall and WSU on their message board for cheating in recruiting because the shocks signed Grant Sherfield and Tyson E. They claim we must be cheating because they don't understand why these 4 star players would sign with the shocks. They attack Marshall and his wife!!!! Fk them and the tractor they are riding on.

My advice to Kstate is to stop sneaking into Wichita at night to get your butt whipped by Tulsa the next day. Stay out of Wichita.

Comment

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  https://media.giphy.com/media/tHDfVZSvijzs4/giphy.gif

• Shockadaisical
                  Shockadaisical commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Over time, coaches, AD's and situations change. I don't think it is ever a smart choice to close the door on opportunities to provide something for the fans that would be entertaining and beneficial to both schools. The problem has always seemed to be that no one ever wants to do an even trade home and home series.

• Dark Lord
                  Dark Lord commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I would be fine with never scheduling either of those soulless hell holes. I would much rather continue scheduling home and home series with surrounding schools like Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Nebraska, Creighton, Colorado, Missouri, Arkansas, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, Texas A&M, Iowa, Iowa State and so on.

In 5 years Penny will not be at Memphis.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• JVShocker
                  JVShocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I kind of agree with this. I don't know why. Unless something changes, But his sideline demeanor in the games I've seen has just been one of, almost indifference.

• ShockerDropOut
                  ShockerDropOut commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And Memphis will be under NCAA investigation.

I don’t think he ever coaches elsewhere, but it IS his hometown and he IS a god there.. I could see him being there

Comment

Working...
                X