Murry out for a week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murry out for a week

Not good, but it could have been a lot worse with how hard he fell.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Sure could have been worse, much worse. If all he misses is a week is about a best case scenario based on the fall he took.

Comment

At least it's just a week.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

While he may only miss a week you wonder if it will not bother him some for a while longer.

Comment

I don't remember Murry dunking very often over the years.. I hope he gets will soon and keeps this dunking streak up if anything!

Comment

It was super aggressive, and not usually his MO, but if this is a new hard-nosed Murry, I like it.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

"Wichita State 1st team preseason All-MVC guard Toure Murry was injured during a dunk attempt in the Shocker Madness event Thursday night. He is described as having "sore ribs". However, he is also reported to have a partially collapsed lung. The report suggests he may miss "around a week of practices", but an air leak from a lung injury can sometimes be slow to heal, especially in an athlete involved in extreme physical exertion. I wouldn't be surprised to see an injury like this take a little longer."

From "Da Coach" on the Bradley board. In that same thread tornado wrote: "wow - I suspect that's a rare injury for basketball players... One college basketball player who had a similar injury was this guy...and he sat out 2 and a half months before playing again." He provided a link if you are interested.

************************************************** *****************

If Murry should be less than 100% effective in OOC play, this would be unfortunate. If I was the coach (which I am not) and there was a single player (Murry? Wessel?) responsible for this injury, which is probably not the case, that player would be in my dog house for a long time.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                  "Wichita State 1st team preseason All-MVC guard Toure Murry was injured during a dunk attempt in the Shocker Madness event Thursday night. He is described as having "sore ribs". However, he is also reported to have a partially collapsed lung. The report suggests he may miss "around a week of practices", but an air leak from a lung injury can sometimes be slow to heal, especially in an athlete involved in extreme physical exertion. I wouldn't be surprised to see an injury like this take a little longer."

From "Da Coach" on the Bradley board. In that same thread tornado wrote: "wow - I suspect that's a rare injury for basketball players... One college basketball player who had a similar injury was this guy...and he sat out 2 and a half months before playing again." He provided a link if you are interested.

************************************************** *****************

If Murry should be less than 100% effective in OOC play, this would be unfortunate. If I was the coach (which I am not) and there was a single player (Murry? Wessel?) responsible for this injury, which is probably not the case, that player would be in my dog house for a long time.
                  Nahhh. Nobody intended to injure anybody else. You'd be punishing someone for playing hard in practice. Crap happens.

Toure has two lungs and over 20 ribs. Patch him up and send him in!

In all seriousness our guard situation is comfortably redundant at the moment. We'll be fine.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Patch him up!

I can't do it!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I can't do it!
                      But you're the only Dr on here!

Comment

Oh mercy, let's get him on his feet.

I'm so tired....I'm so thirsty.........

Comment

Hugh Laurie isn't a medical doctor but he plays one on TV. Would he do?

WSU is full of "Doctors" who, I'm sure, be willing to "operate" if needed. Dr. Peer Moore-Jansen is experienced; he has strong connections with the Sedgwick County Regional Forensic Science Center. Don't you want a biological anthropologist around if you get hurt?
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Maybe if we want to analyze his poop to see what he had for dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                              Hugh Laurie isn't a medical doctor but he plays one on TV. Would he do?

WSU is full of "Doctors" who, I'm sure, be willing to "operate" if needed. Dr. Peer Moore-Jansen is experienced; he has strong connections with the Sedgwick County Regional Forensic Science Center. Don't you want a biological anthropologist around if you get hurt?
                              Peer is great, but most of his "patients" are long gone. Toure is in much better shape than that!

Comment

Working...
                              X