No announcement yet.

Way Too Early Postseason Prediction - 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m in the 5-8 camp. I realize HCGM has another six athletes (I’m counting TA) to blend into the rotation but the sophomores showed tremendous resiliency those last 18 games and the caliber of athletes coming in are such that they should make that blending a tad bit easier. Plus, there, knock on wood, aren’t any coaching changes this off season and I think that will count for a lot. Given the changes at Cincy, I think we’re gonna be a top three AAC team by the end of the season as well.

Comment

I went 9-12. Because of the conference, if we get in, we won’t be a lower seed that that. Because of our youth, we won’t be a higher seed than that. And, I think a trip to the NIT again would be a major disappointment.

Comment

We can finish 3rd at best, IMO, maybe 4th. Houston is gonna be really good again. Cincy has talent but might take a bump back due to coaching changes, it's almost always more difficult in the 1st year with a new coach. Memphis will be really good with their new guys, but their best players are gone, so they're another wildcard. UConn has the makings of a good team but haven't been able to pull it together. We finished strong but we also lost our two main shot creators, so it's not a given that it's addition by subtraction. These teams mentioned are all going to be contending for NCAA births. Outside of Houston, I think it could be a tossup with us closer to the bottom/middle of this grouping.

Comment

NCAA 5-8. Book it!

I'd also like to place a small bet on winning the whole GD thing (conference). Buckets is going to be a problem (for others).

T

...:cool:

Comment

Oof. I didn't know you could see how people voted.... :teapot:

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, wouldn't the Internet be different if it were harder to hide behind a cloak of anonymity?

• UCONN_Husky
              UCONN_Husky commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL. I got you as a 7 seed in the NCAA tourney.

• UCONN_Husky
              UCONN_Husky commented
              Editing a comment

I clicked on this offseason prediction thread hoping to find something factual. Low and behold it is just a bunch of bs predictions. I'm shaking with anger!

Comment

• Lawman
              Lawman commented
              Editing a comment
              Regul8te, I side with you on 85% of the crap I read on this board. Yet, here I am, sucked in again to all this click bait. Intelligence is not a prerequisite for posting here — sadly. Neither is spelling and grammar.

Unfreakindefeated is what I chose because go Shockers baby.

Let’s give it up for Faded Crown and his awesome polls!

* proceeds to do Arsenio Hall dawg pound fist pump and woof! woof! woof! chant.

Comment

I picked 1-3 NIT - This group of incoming players looks great but I still think we are one more year away from making it to the NCAA.

And two, three, and four years from making consecutive deep runs.

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                Oof. I didn't know you could see how people voted.... :teapot:
                Get a rope boys!
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
                  I clicked on this offseason prediction thread hoping to find something factual. Low and behold it is just a bunch of bs predictions. I'm shaking with anger!
                  wow, if you are shaking with anger over pre-season predictions I can only imagine what u would be like if u checked out the facts on the baseball team.

If u want something “factual” you will need to check back in and read the “2019-20 recap” thread in about a year.

Comment

• Regul8te
                    Regul8te commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This was a troll job based on some comments on page 3 of the 2019—2020 roster thread.

Whoosh?
                  One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Aargh
                    Aargh commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We're going to switch from UnderArmour to Nike?

Is JE's foot 100 percent now? Is he having offseason surgey to address it? I hope this is not a chronic issue that will result in him not playing 100 percent next year for the entire year. Otherwise, that will hurt big time IMO.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Tim Duncan had plantar fasciitis many years ago and muddled through it for most of a season, after which it healed and he went back to being the normal Tim Duncan for the rest of his illustrious career. I'm not going to ask Jaime to become Duncan Jr, but if he heals as most do and then just comes back as the healthy version of Echenique with an added year of experience, that would be just fine with me and a real load for the teams WSU will be facing next year.

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was curious about this as well so thanks for bringing it up, it garnered some responses that, hopefully, are exactly what we can expect with JE.

• Mr. Pickle
                    Mr. Pickle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Proper rehab in the offseason should take care of it. He is more prone to it as a big man. I don't expect it to be an issue next year.

WSUwatcher, it's funny you mention Tim Duncan because that's exactly who I think of when I see Jaime play. Jaime obviously isn't in the same universe as Tim Duncan as far as ability but their playing styles are very similar.
                  78-65

Comment

There are always "ifs" BUT here are the keys for us to win the conference and be around a five seed.
                    1) Both AM and JE are healthy and learn how to play angry
                    2) TA rebounds and plays solid defense - I know he is going to score
                    3) DD maintains or slightly improves the way he played about the last eight games
                    4) ES shoots north of 38% from the perimeter
                    5) At least two new comers make significantly positive impacts
                    6) I feel pretty confident that overall PG play will be better
                    I think that most, if not all, of these things could very well happen so I am very excited about nest season

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                      There are always "ifs" BUT here are the keys for us to win the conference and be around a five seed.
                      1) Both AM and JE are healthy and learn how to play angry
                      2) TA rebounds and plays solid defense - I know he is going to score
                      3) DD maintains or slightly improves the way he played about the last eight games
                      4) ES shoots north of 38% from the perimeter
                      5) At least two new comers make significantly positive impacts
                      6) I feel pretty confident that overall PG play will be better
                      I think that most, if not all, of these things could very well happen so I am very excited about nest season
                      God knows I don’t mean to nitpick, because you’re a solid poster, but NO WAY the conference champion next year earns a 5 seed.

Whoever wins the AAC will have earned it and gets no worse than a 3. Houston ain’t going away, Cincy will be tough again, Memphis will have more talent than we’ve ever seen in a conference foe—hell, even ECU is quietly putting together a great recruiting class.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Working...
                      X