I really wanted Shake Milton

Comment

Ricky Ross

Comment

• kcshocker11
        kcshocker11 commented
        Editing a comment
        We had Ricky for a season.

I believe we went after Korleone Young. He chose the NBA and lasted 1 year.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Tandy Miller

Comment

Zion Williamson

Comment

Seriously though Taj Gray and Brandon Polk

Comment

• wufan
              wufan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep! We had the core of Randy Burns, Jamar Howard, Rob Kampman, and Paul Miller. Really wanted those two local kids so we would have a chance at beating SIU. I watched their local games and recruitment closely.

Chance Lindley...40 ppg at Sunrise
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Dark Lord
              Dark Lord commented
              Editing a comment
              He ran through multiple screens every possession and was basically the only one allowed to shoot on that team. That was also back when Sunrise was not the Sunrise we know and love today. Also, Chance is and was a total douche bag with no soul.

• shoxlax
              shoxlax commented
              Editing a comment
              Uhh no. I loved watching Chance at Sunrise but he ended up being a role player at Friends.

Does Austin Reaves count?....

Comment

I'd be careful about discounting Alex Lomax. He is a freshman and had a really good senior point guard in front of him, in Jeremiah Martin.

His situation is more similar to VanVleet's in terms of development, as opposed to our newcomers who had baptism by fire.

In fact, Lomax' stats as a freshman aren't all that different than VanVleet's, who obviously had Armstead in front of him:

Lomax
              FG%: .366, 2P%: .408, 3P%: .206, FT%: .732, TRB: 2.9, AST: 2.5, STL: 1, TOV: 1.7, PTS: 5.1

FVV freshman season
              FG%: .386, 2P%: .375, 3P%: .408, FT%: .725, TRB: 1.8, AST: 2.3, STL: 0.9, TOV: 1.2, PTS: 4.3

Am I saying Lomax is FVV2.0? No. I have no idea if he will bloom like that. I am just saying the comparisons with him and Burton all season were premature and apples to oranges. And discounting him as a flame-out is also premature with potential for serious egg on the face by the time he is done.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I see Lomax as more of a short Burton than Fred 2.0

Comment

Buddy Hield

Comment

• choida
                    choida commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ummm...I don't know if I misunderstood the question... But I think he's one player we could have used with Ron & Fred

• Topshock
                    Topshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ohhh, I didn't read the last part of the topic. Thought it was players we almost had that were bummed about not getting. Sorry

If you are talking about recent players I think we finished second to KState for Wade, Brown and Snned. Probably had no chance at Dean but it makes you wonder if we had been in the AAC at the time.......

Comment

Malcolm Brogden. I went back to his page for a refresher. We had a connection through cheese and Virginia came in out of nowhere and got him. Someone said "i guess he would rather stay close to home than play for a better team"

Funny what a difference five or six years can make with the right coach (Virginia)

Comment

Weren't we in the running for Isaac Humphries?
                      Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• choida
                        choida commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Kuck Fentucky

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                      Ricky Ross
                      KCSHOCKER11 -- We did not have Ricky Ross for a season. He initially signed here, but did not come. He ended up his last 2 year at Tulsa.

Comment

• WstateU
                        WstateU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        He spent a semester here and practiced with the team; word was he couldn’t get his rear out of bed for school and missed a lot of class,

• WSUwatcher
                        WSUwatcher commented
                        Editing a comment
                        WstateU is right -- Ross was here, but never became eligible or saw the court
                    Working...
                    X