Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Let's not hide that image in a link.

I can't imagine why KU fans would assume that this is something that might be mocked.
    Yeah, it is a few notches below Eco-Kat, but still Eco-Kat will forever hold the champion of lame PR moves.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      He deserves to get made fun of. Sorry, but that's ridiculous.
      Not as ridiculous as last year:

Late Night for KU has become a lot more than a practice. In fact, the practice has really a pretty minor part of it any more. Whether that is good of bad really depends on what you think about the whole thing but really it is much of a party any more.

But really it has sort of always been that way. The very first one they had a band.

Comment

HAHA.... I'm speechless.

Comment

Yeah but you enjoy KU athletics or just enjoy reading about it. I think @ShockerFever: and the others who will berate the thread, have no interest in KU at all, so they're simply reading it to read the inflammatory comments. That's my read on it.
          Yea, I've never got that really. I'll bet 20% of the posts on kusports.com are from two guys--one a KSU fan and one a Kentucky fan. Mostly just trolling.

Comment

Yeah, the comments were not directed at KU what so ever.

It's KU though. They all have the toddler mentality that the world revolves around them.

Also just a quick question, why would you guys even be reading a KU message board? It's bound to have inflammatory things on it, why subject yourself to that?
            Why do x fans come here to read our board? I thought it was worth a mention since our coach was the focal point in the piece and that lies I couldn't even come up with started getting tossed around.

I peruse over there every so often and was looking for reaction from the Beasley situation when I noticed that little nugget at the top of the page.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by owenc View Post
              Late Night for KU has become a lot more than a practice. In fact, the practice has really a pretty minor part of it any more. Whether that is good of bad really depends on what you think about the whole thing but really it is much of a party any more.
              And while I would much rather see the scrimmage, it must work because they fill the place very year. 16,300 for a practice every year is pretty impressive, especially when almost all of those people line up ahead of time to get in. That many people entering at one time is really sort of scary.

Comment

Oops.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  Let's not hide that image in a link.

I can't imagine why KU fans would assume that this is something that might be mocked.
                  Nope, not worth mocking.

WOW.

I guess Marshall could have mentioned fighter planes instead.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Someone with a memory better than mine, wasn't there a Shocker Motorcycle auctioned off a year or 2 (or 3) ago?

How did that come about?

Comment

Originally posted by owenc View Post
                      Not as ridiculous as last year:

But really it has sort of always been that way. The very first one they had a band.

I do like the fact he tried for a Black and Gold color scheme! Shocker wannabe I guess.

Comment

This whole grudge match between Marshall and KU is a big mystery to me. It all started, last year after WSU's roller coaster season. I mean, WSU looses 4 home games, people are start wondering what's up with the team. WSU then comes up short in the MVC tournament. Bummer. Then WSU goes off to win the NIT, ending the season on a high note that made most of shockernation happy. Then WSU comes back to Wichita, to celebrate, Marshall reacts to a fan holding up a sign that mocks KU. Case closed, time for the off season right? Apparently not, one of my friends who's a KU grad post a negative message on my facebook wall about the KU A.D. being upset with Marshall.. Suddenly this thing goes national. Then all the sudden it died, no comments out of Marshall, KU "supposedly" moves on to more important things. Alright.. Now: The season hasn't even started yet and KU fans at least, no admin. this time are pointing the finger at Marshall crying wolf over a comment about a motor cycle. As a fan of all sports, I am well aware, that fans don't know what goes on behind the scenes. But lets say Marshall is just taking a lot of heat over nothing. I bet he is angry and annoyed by it. I would be. He reacted to a sign making fun of KU and for some reason, the new KU A.D. is angry over it? If anything the KU A.D. was in the wrong, and the bigger question should be, why did he even care?? Now apparently every time Marshall says something, KU fans are watching, listening and examining every letter of his text and crying wolf... LOL.. That is the situation if Marshall has no problem with KU. If he does have a problem with KU, then the KU A.D. doesn't look so bad for starting all of this. It's just strange though because once again, we don't know why this thing even took off like it did, if it has reached a climax yet, and what's going to happen next. Hopefully it doesn't destroy Marshall and Self's friendship.

Comment

Also, I was always under the assumption that Marshall and Self were fairly well acquainted with each other. I really don't think he was taking a shot at Self. I could be wrong. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                            It all started, last year after WSU's roller coaster season.

That is not what started it.

Comment

I know Smith (former WSU women's coach) road in on a motorcycle, but I was also thinking that Turg did as well for a Shocker Madness. If anything, Marshall was refering to that.

I love the post where a KU dweeb blamed Marshall for not taking care of business and beating VCU, thereby, VCU wouldn't have been in the dance to beat KWho. What a joke.

Comment

Who knows what started it. As far as I know at least, it was after the season ended, at the NIT celebration at Koch. Obviously KU admin. and fans keep track of what WSU does. Maybe the reason Zenger reacted and made his comment was because WSU did some thing worthy of national attention in basketball. Basketball is KU's prized sport. The KU admin. in the athletic department probably was just acting insecure because they get flack from some where about not scheduling WSU. My best guess. But anyways, KU fans cooking up some supposed story that Marshall doesn't like Self, that's ridiculous. Somebody from one of the schools needs to make a public statement over the matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X