X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shockerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

1. He voted KU higher than the team that just blew them out on their home floor. Homer vote. Baylor is the better team, resume everything. Zero reasoning to put KU over Baylor
    2. By decent amount do you mean KP?

WSU Metrics:
    KP - 25
    NET - 9
    Massey Composite - 16
    Sagarin - 17
    KPI - 11
    Torvik - 12
    WAB - 11

We are closer to Top 10 in metrics than we are 23.
    You win. Using his own argument against him. Well done.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Have you looked at his ballot?
    Have you looked at the industry standard metrics I just mentioned?

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

And yet KU is still rated higher in Sagarin, KenPom, and Haslametrics than Baylor. Are those ratings systems biased?
    Head to Head ... two days ago on KUs home floor overrides those metrics. The game wasn't close

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Thank you KU Varnsen.

How is the NET ranking? Or you just using the ones that fit your argument?
    My post that you quoted had nothing to do with KU. Just the way Newell rated WSU. It’s fair to put us there because a decent amount of computer rankings have us there.

The NET ranking is useful but not the best metric around. There are lots of others that people use, like the ones I mentioned. But I’m thrilled that we are as high as we are and hope we stay there.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

We are a fringe Top 25 team based on a decent amount of predictive metrics. Why are we going to revoke someone’s AP vote again? This kinda stuff just makes us look small.
    1. He voted KU higher than the team that just blew them out on their home floor. Homer vote. Baylor is the better team, resume everything. Zero reasoning to put KU over Baylor
    2. By decent amount do you mean KP?

WSU Metrics:
    KP - 25
    NET - 9
    Massey Composite - 16
    Sagarin - 17
    KPI - 11
    Torvik - 12
    WAB - 11

We are closer to Top 10 in metrics than we are 23.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied

And yet KU is still rated higher in Sagarin, KenPom, and Haslametrics than Baylor. Are those ratings systems biased?
    Have you looked at his ballot?

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied

Before you go and fulfill every stereotype that people have for WSU fans, consider this from his Twitter bio...

“I base my AP poll vote on best teams, not best résumés.”

We are around the 24-25 range for KenPom and Haslametrics, although I’m stoked we are #16 in the AP poll. It’s not completely unreasonable to have us close to the fringe. And complaining about it on Twitter will not do anything for our cause.
    Thank you KU Varnsen.

How is the NET ranking? Or you just using the ones that fit your argument?

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied

"Best teams" ... Proceeds to rank KU higher than the team that just blew them out on their home floor

Leave a comment:

• shock-it-to-me
    replied
    All AP voters had WSU 19th or better.... Except one... Jesse Newell... The KU guy. Had WSU 23, with KU at 2... And Baylor at 3.

He should have his ability to vote removed
    That HAS to be his last week’s ballot. It just has to.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

Before you go and fulfill every stereotype that people have for WSU fans, consider this from his Twitter bio...

We are around the 24-25 range for KenPom and Haslametrics, although I’m stoked we are #16 in the AP poll. It’s not completely unreasonable to have us close to the fringe. And complaining about it on Twitter will not do anything for our cause.
    "Best teams" ... Proceeds to rank KU higher than the team that just blew them out on their home floor

Also KP is the outlier for us. The rest have WSU in the 9-20 range

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied

Take KU and WSU out of the equation and go look at this ballot. It's a disaster.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    All AP voters had WSU 19th or better.... Except one... Jesse Newell... The KU guy. Had WSU 23, with KU at 2... And Baylor at 3.

We are a fringe Top 25 team based on a decent amount of predictive metrics. Why are we going to revoke someone’s AP vote again? This kinda stuff just makes us look small.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Jesse Newell , Kansas City Star (Kansas City, MO)
    Email = jnewell@kcstar.com
    Twitter - @jessenewell

What a moron!

Leave a comment:

• ROOT ANGRY!
    replied
    For those who've forgotten how to track poll votes, by voter--like me--or never knew, Collegepolltracker.com is your friend.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied

Jesse Newell , Kansas City Star (Kansas City, MO)
    Email = jnewell@kcstar.com
    Twitter - @jessenewell

What a moron!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X