Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WichitaStateGuy
    replied
    Watching South Florida get beat by Memphis, I had mixed feelings...

On one hand, I wanted to see .01 fail and Memphis fan's delusion exponentially increase.... but on the other hand, I feel like we need the top teams in our league to do well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we'd want Memphis to beat South Florida, Tulane and ECU, but lose to Houston and Cincy, no?

Leave a comment:

• shox1989
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Up 7 spots on Jerry Carinos ballot to 16. Memphis still in at 21.

https://amp.app.com/amp/4452069002?_...mpression=true
    So far WSU is looking pretty good on the handful of ballots that we have seen (4). Also Memphis appears to have a chance of remaining in the top 25.

Leave a comment:

• Bluzrover
    replied
    Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
    We should move up to at least 15. 15-1. Bunch of young gun slingers only going to get better. Let’s get up in that top 10 range. Man is this fun or what...
    Be prepared to be disappointed. I'm not convinced the voters will give us that much credit. Remember how quickly they belittled Memphis and put their loss to us more on them than on how good we are.

Leave a comment:

• shockerofandover0943
    replied
    Jerry Carino 16 (23 last week)

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Up 7 spots on Jerry Carinos ballot to 16. Memphis still in at 21.

Leave a comment:

• shox1989
    replied
    Mark Berman also left Memphis on his ballot at 21.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    I was hoping for this type of a result next year.

Getting the results the Shox have achieved without Dex being a significant contributor is not something that could have been expected. I think we get Dex back at last year levels if he's not expected to be the go to guy.

Stevenson and Burton obviously listened to what Marshall told them last spring and went ballistic on working on that advice. I don't think I've ever seen that level of improvement on a player at WSU, let alone two of them at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• shockerofandover0943
    replied
    Mark Berman has the Shockers at 15 (19 last week).
    Sam Blum has the Shockers at 13 (15 last week).

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    College Basketball Power Rankings:... - ESPN

Jeff Borzello, ESPN Staff Writer (Not an AP Voter)
    Posted: 01/12/20, 9:22 PM CT

15. Wichita State Shockers (15-1)

Previous ranking: In the waiting room
    This week: at Temple (Wednesday), vs. Houston (Saturday)

Gregg Marshall has done a tremendous job with this season's Shockers, taking a team pegged to finish fourth in the AAC and making it the favorite with two months left in the season. The Shockers passed a couple of big tests last week, beating Memphis at home and then going on the road and outlasting UConn in double overtime. They can really take control of the standings this week with Houston coming to town on Saturday. The Shockers don't have any true marquee wins on their résumé yet this season, but they've defeated several quality teams and rank in the top 10 of the NET. They're also one of just six teams with one loss -- and that came against West Virginia in Mexico.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    "Game Results through 01/12/20"
    AP Rankings Wins & Losses
    Top 10 16 Wins and 2 Losses
    Top 11 - 15 6 Wins and 3 Losses
    Top 16 - 20 5 Wins and 5 Losses
    Top 21 - 25 4 Wins and 5 Losses
    Top 26 - 30 5 Wins and 6 Losses
    Top 31 - 35 3 Wins and 6 Losses
    Top 36 - 39 7 Wins and 4 Losses
    Carnage Week was in full force this week for those outside the top 10. The Shockers should benefit quite a bit for AP Week 11.

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Arizona not a threat coming from behind us this week. Lost 82-65 at Oregon St.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied

That's the cut-line that I see too. Up 5 spots from #23 to #18 seems very likely. Just how fall will #11 Ohio State fall this week after suffering their 4th consecutive loss, will decide if we hit #17?

Leave a comment:

• Kashman
    replied
    Texas Tech loses twice. Moves from 22 to 16

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmyShockerFan View Post

Penn St and Texas Tech both lost twice this week. Neither one should be ranked this week.
    Agreed. But those were quality loses. And that is the rule you apply when you just want to give the so-called power conference schools a break. Texas Tech is garbage. Memphis should be ranked. But the quality loss rule does not apply because they lost to shocks in Koch. Fuk Seth Davis.

Leave a comment:

• Cdizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by California Shocker View Post
    How does the Quadrant thing work? Is it at time of game or in March when teams could be much lower.
    Depends what the name on the front of your jersey is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X