Top 50 MBB of all time by Winning %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 50 MBB of all time by Winning %

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Chances are, Marshall will be climbing that list some more before he's finished.

He's at .731 so far with WSU, and .786 since he dealt with the mess left by his predecessor's hasty departure. Even his last two seasons in the AAC upgrade / retooling mode have produced a respectable .671, which is probably headed up as well now that he's underway in assembling an AAC roster.

Comment

Isn't Fred Schaus, the guy that is just .0003% ahead of 3G, the father of Jim Schaus, the best AD Wichita State ever had? I believe it is.

Comment

I see Bobby Knight wasn't good enough to make his top 50 list.

Comment

I was a little surprised the Al Mcguire was as high was he was during his time at Marquette and same for Tark the Shark.

And how about 3G's mentor, John Kresse, at #6. Coach Kresse is only listed for the final 11 years at College of Charleston but he coached their for 23 years and lead their transition from NAIA power to NCAA D-1 status. His winning percentage in his 11 years at D-1 of 80.12% is actually slightly better than his overall winning % of 79.7% overall (560-143).

Finally Gonzaga's Mark Few at #3 in his 20 year's as Zag's head man. Why would he give that up to move elsehwere. Winning is fun plus he loves living in that part of the country and I can't blame him. Highest ranked of the modern era coaches.

Of course, the longer you have done it the more impressive it is IMHO.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 6, 2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

A tour down memory lane with great coaches I haven't thought about in quite some time, to other great coaches I had never heard of. Nice piece.

Comment

Working...
            X