No announcement yet.

Sampson to Arkansas heating up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things are heating up in the search at Arkansas… After kicking the tires on Eric Musselman earlier this week, it sounds like the Razorbacks focus has now shifted to Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall. Marshall, the 2014 National Coach of the Year has spent the past 12 seasons as the Shockers head coach. He led hisContinue Reading →

lmaooooo Gregg being 3rd on their list is funny
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
      Rocky Mountain Shock commented
      Editing a comment
      Bwuhahahaha...ahem...hahahahaha...

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      I can just see Marshall wearing one of those "pig" hats and hollering, "Soo-eeeey! Pig! Pig! Pig!"

Sampson to Arkansas cooling off
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Comment

Another Hog forum actually uses the FlightTracker evidence of planes coming and going to justify the rumor. (Just like us! )

Comment

Marshall ain’t going to the Rodney Dangerfield of the P5/SEC.

Repeating myself, but it is funny how literally every P5 opening for years has a “it’s gonna be Gregg Marshall” day. Like an annual festivity, but with different participants each year. They all have a real bad hangover the next day, and then back to the real world.

There are I believe two coaches making clearly more than the $4M-ish range, with several bunched up real close to $4M. GM is at $3.5M and change, and I’m sure we could bump him up to the $4M level if we needed. So if someone wants to have even a shot they legitimately have to put together a MBB HC package that’s only exceeded by Calipari and Coach K. Schools like AR ain’t doing that.

Comment

Boy those Arkansas fans are a confident group. One guy said something like HCGM "is holding out for a blue blood program. We're as close as it gets without being one."

WTF???? Really???? When I list programs that are nearly blue bloods, Arkansas doesn't even appear at the bottom of that list. In fact, Arkansas doesn't appear on my list of really good P5 jobs. Whatever they are smoking in Arkansas, I would like to have some of that.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          Boy those Arkansas fans are a confident group. One guy said something like HCGM "is holding out for a blue blood program. We're as close as it gets without being one."

WTF???? Really???? When I list programs that are nearly blue bloods, Arkansas doesn't even appear at the bottom of that list. In fact, Arkansas doesn't appear on my list of really good P5 jobs. Whatever they are smoking in Arkansas, I would like to have some of that.
          If they were in the AAC I’d put them below Cincy and UCONN, and maybe roughly tied with Memphis, in the all-time pecking order of college basketball. But that’s giving them a lot of credit for history, because they’ve done jack **** this century.

They’re a little like Houston in that they’ve had some very proud periods, but they’ve been a dormant afterthought in the lifetime of any recent/current player or recruit. Come to think of it they’re a lot like our baseball program in that way, which is depressing to think about.

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            To me UConn deserves blue blood status

To coach in the SEC you have to have a PhD in cheating or you end up like Kevin Stallings or Bryce Drew.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Comment

They need to go after a young up and comer like that guy from Furman

Comment

Doesn't mean he's NOT interested in Arky. *By the way...how the hell do we add Tweets here? Embed? Link? I obviously did not do it correctly.*

Comment

• shocks02
                  shocks02 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  type [TWEET]
                  Last edited by shocks02; April 4, 2019, 01:37 PM.

• shocks02
                  shocks02 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  then paste the link

• shocks02
                  shocks02 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  then type [/TWEET]

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                Another Hog forum actually uses the FlightTracker evidence of planes coming and going to justify the rumor. (Just like us! )
                Lots of planes fly into wichita. Considering it's a maintenance hub for most of the private plane manufacturers ....

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWhiteBuffalo View Post
                  *By the way...how the hell do we add Tweets here? Embed? Link? I obviously did not do it correctly.*

In the upper right there is an A icon with an underline that opens the editor. Click that, then look for the Twitter icon. Paste the link in between the TWEET tags.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                  X