Sampson to Arkansas heating up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    And there you go. Another power conference member awash in ncaa money strapped for cash and goes the cheap route.
    A 10 year $9 mill contract. Well, it may be cheap at under $1 mill a year, but something like a 5 year buyout could be expensive.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Meter calibration guys, or as SHOCKvalue said, check the calendar.

I dunno. A classmate of mine posted the story on Facebook. She lives there

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      I dunno. A classmate of mine posted the story on Facebook. She lives there
      Its not a serious news site. Go to the menu and select the "about us" section

Edit: here ya go
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Looks like that link is a day early, if you know what I mean.
        Whoa, it's no longer resolving. LOL Bet they caught some flack?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Hahah, that site is back up. Click on the author, Dirk Diggler (LMFAO), and check out his other stuff. Funny!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            Ready to shoot, Jack.

I have read that Sampson has rejected Arkansas offer and that Arkansa maybe talking to Jans.

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            smart move if true

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          I have read that Sampson has rejected Arkansas offer and that Arkansa maybe talking to Jans.
          Of course with today being today - there are no real facts.

Comment

I'm automatically skeptical any day of the year when something is reported as "a done deal," but a supposedly done deal anywhere near April 1 is really dubious.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              The only thing better about the site reporting Corliss Williamson would have been if it had been called "The Scallion."

So he not gone?

Comment

I saw somewhere (not from official or inside sources) that the holdup was working out Sampson's request for an increase to the MBB budget, specifically for marketing and recruiting.

If that's the case then it appears he is not just using this opportunity to fatten his wallet, but to better the program. Got to respect that.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                they were speculating on the sports talk shows yesterday that Sampson was lobbying to get some sort of "coach in waiting" position for his son and that it was potentially a deal breaker for UH. Admittedly, they were speculating based on rumors. Tillman Fertitta controls the purse strings there so it could be a rough negotiation.

Commented on the coaching change thread as well, but it looks like the guy at Arkansas is Eric Musselman. Press conference inbound.
              "Say it slowly and savor it..."
              Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

Tough break for Nevada if true, but yet another sign that the American is a better place to be than the Mountain West. There has to be money available somewhere in Reno to keep a coach who's interested in staying.

Thanks, MWC leadership, for balking at WSU over football; thanks, Dr. Bardo, for your vision.

Comment

UH and Sampson reached an agreement on a contract extension: https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars...t-13741236.php

Comment

Good news for the American Conference.

Comment

Working...
                    X