No announcement yet.

NCAA tourney next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely should be the goal. I dont see why this team cant be at least a bubble team next year
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Bubble team my a$$!

• IndianaShocker
      IndianaShocker commented
      Editing a comment
      If we could have pulled out wins vs Temple & Memphis at home and knocked off Davidson we would have been on the bubble this season. Individually, all 3 games were winnable
      Last edited by IndianaShocker; March 30, 2019, 10:28 PM.

• shockerfan
      shockerfan commented
      Editing a comment
      If ifs and butts were candy and nuts.

Be butthurt if you want. Be careful not to have stupid crazy expectations next year either. Should be better, but in ways the conference will be tougher in my opinion.

good chance

Comment

Shox will be in the tourney. Maybe not a great seed, but we'll be in it.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Book it!
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I think we could have made the NCAA this season if we could have gotten a few breaks. Probably a lot closer than some of you may think. It's never a given that we make the NCAA - but I definitely like our chances next season. I think we will get a few top 25 votes in the pre season.

Comment

Somebody better be shooting 1,000 3's a day and making 500 of them all summer. Right now our 3-point shooters for next year are...

...Dexter Dennis. The next best guy is worse than SHJ, unless you want to count Chandler and Echenique.

Remember when nobody guarded Brown or Kelly on the perimeter? Brown hit 32.1% from 3 last year, and defenses still gave him the shot?

When defenses can put 4 guys within 10' of the basket, it gets pretty tough to score. Unless another 3-point shooter or two shows up, we're going to see a lot of zone,

Some posters complained that SHJ taking a 3 was about the equivalent of a turnover. The number of perimeter players we have returning who shot better from 3 than SHJ is one (1). If defenses can safely drop help defenders off of both guards, Allen's game around the basket can be defended. I won't be disappointed if the Shox don't make the tourney next year.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• IndianaShocker
            IndianaShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Yea but Zach was in his own head some. Defenses backed off & caused him to hesitate. When we had shooters like LS, CF, AR....it's easy for a mediocre shooter like Zach to question if a seemingly good shot is actually a good shot.

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          I have seen the future; stay tuned.
          I have no doubt Marshall adds one or two more shooters.
          Lookit, why would you pay a coach $3.5 M a year and move to a new conference unless the goal is to win Conference Championships and Contend for National titles?
          Marshall has said he needs to recruit better and now he doesn’t have the Valley dragging him down.

Comment

Would love to see us add a seasoned Grad Transfer. Either a stretch 4 type or a knockdown wing. Stretch 4 would be ideal.

Comment

Good chance AAC gets 5 in next year.

Comment

Would love to see WSU start pulling in recruits like UVA. Highly thought of players, but never one-and-dones. Probably won’t get as many kids rated quite as high, but starting to land players in the 75-125 range constantly would be nice, with players 40-75 being a bonus. Also, both Marshall and Bennett recruit class players who will play on both ends of the court.

But yes, Tourney next year.
                Last edited by Shock Top; March 30, 2019, 11:32 PM. Reason: spelling
                The Assman

Comment

• shoxlax
                  shoxlax commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As much as the Big 12 annoys me, you could say much of the same about Texas Tech. Their defense is about guys that play together and know their roles. Tough to do without continuity of players. Mooney is their outlier and he fit in quite nicely

I see a possible FF in 2021
                Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

• N Crestway
                  N Crestway commented
                  Editing a comment
                  icing on the cake if Marshall can find a replacement for Echenique for 2021, not that WSU won't have a strong frontline to begin with....Midtgaard, Chandler, Udeze, and Gordon.

YES! But I have to admit that I am enjoying the NIT run this year. Beating Clemson and Indiana on the road is very big for this team. I wish we were playing NC State instead of Lipscomb. I think we would blow out the overrated power 5 team, but Lipscomb will be tough. Several games on ESPN, a trip to MSG in New York and a $26,000 payout is a nice consolation prize.

Comment

Yes, In Marshall We Trust.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    and a $26,000 payout is a nice consolation prize.
                    Could someone explain to me how any school can justify playing for such paltry amounts of money? Be it the NCAA where the monies are split between conference members over a 6 year period, or the NIT where the school participating keeps the 26k, how does that cover their costs?

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                      Would love to see WSU start pulling in recruits like UVA. Highly thought of players, but never one-and-dones. Probably won’t get as many kids rated quite as high, but starting to land players in the 75-125 range constantly would be nice, with players 40-75 being a bonus. Also, both Marshall and Bennett recruit class players who will play on both ends of the court.

But yes, Tourney next year.
                      This has been exactly my goal in recruiting for WSU. I like you.

Comment

Working...
                      X