"Team Names Help Students Identify With Their Colleges"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Team Names Help Students Identify With Their Colleges"

More good press for the Black and Gold. U.S. News and World Report - Online Edition

Chris Cleary is an Eph. In fact, he's the quarterback of the Ephs, though he didn't even know what an eph was until he enrolled at Williams College in Massachusetts and learned that the school's team name is a reference to its founder, Ephraim Williams. Until then, he assumed an eph was a purple cow because, although Williams's team name is the Ephs, its mascot has been Purple Cows since the student body voted for such more than 100 years ago. Cleary points out that part of his confusion may have come from not knowing what one would call a purple cow, so a mysterious eph sounded plausible.

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    More good press for the Black and Gold. U.S. News and World Report - Online Edition

http://news.yahoo.com/team-names-hel...145643613.html
    Thanks for the link. That is good stuff.

Comment

An article about WU without a reference to electricity; now that's shocking.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Great article...
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
        X