Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW....which ain't much....Kenpom has us losing 79-76

Gives us a 37% chance of winning
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Hope for a smack down similar to the semifinal against Wazzu 8 years ago.
      The Assman

Comment

I was hoping for NC State, but only because they're an overrated POS power conference team that we would have pounded.

Lipscomb is gonna be a handful and won't take us lightly like NC State would have. This will be a rock fight.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

We played Furman with a less than 100 percent Matt Rafferty (torn labrum). Clemson didn't have their 3rd leading scorer and Indiana didn't have their top scorer. I am not putting an asterisk next to any of our NIT wins, we still had to win all three games on the road which ain't easy. I think Lipscomb will be our toughest test in the tournament however and we must guard the perimeter as they shoot 37.5% from three as a team.

Comment

They are good, but they also have been playing weaker competition; at least in conference play

Average Ranking of Opponent:
            Lipscomb - 159
            WSU - 62

Both teams have won three on the road.
            One team is mostly Juniors and Seniors
            One team is growing exponentially.

We shall see.
            The Assman

Comment

The refs should treat us fairly in this one.

T

...:cool:

Comment

LoL just took a look at Matthews. I do not think his white privilege will make up for the disparity in athleticism relative to Dex. He will score under his season average...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Matthews reminded me of the kid from Marshall who torched us in the NCAAs last year. Good thing our defense seems to have come around.

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                    WSUwatcher commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Interesting point, Royal -- who would have thought that this year's team might have been more likely than last to slow down Elmore? And yet, the way things are going now, that's entirely possible.

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Vandy should look no farther than across town for their coach.
                  But to which campus?

Interesting what good basketball is being played in Nashville these days, just not by the team everyone's heard of. Belmont and Lipscomb are quite a duo.

Comment

Lipscomb is really guard-oriented. McDuffie and Dennis will probably share the load of guarding Matthews. Both are long enough and athletic enough to slow him down. I'm thinking McDuffie and Dennis will do better at shutting down Matthews, than Lipscomb can do shutting down McDuffie and Dennis.

It also looks like a game where Midtgaard and Echenique could go off for 25 and 12 between the two of them. Lipscomb doesn't have a dominating post and AM and JE do well in those matchups.
                    Last edited by Aargh; March 27, 2019, 11:54 PM.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Lipscomb? Upon telling my wife about who we play next in NYC...she said "Yeah...I've heard of 'em...they're like Ulta Beauty but a little more cheaper." Lol!!!!!!

All kidding aside...this will be another HUGE test. We match up favorable...but need to bring our A-GAME fer sure!!!!

GO SHOCKS!!!!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                      X