The 2018-2019 Shockers are the Honey Badgers of the NIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2018-2019 Shockers are the Honey Badgers of the NIT

Shockers don't care, Shockers don't give a ****, they just take what they want.

They're sooo nasty!

T

...:cool:

Yes sir! Super bad asses!

Comment

LMAO. Shocks don't care about so-called power 5 schools.

Comment

Survival of the fittest!

That would be the Shocks.

Comment

Kansas got to whip the snot out of Northeastern in the first round. Northeastern is ranked #101 on the Sagarin Ratings, and #90 on Kenpom. That's so far from the top 64 it's embarrassing. The tournament selection rules are broken and have been for a long time. I don't know how to fix it, because lesser conferences should get a shot -- but handing out frosted cupcakes to top end teams isn't the way.

How do you fix this in a fair way?
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Topshock
            Topshock commented
            Editing a comment
            The bottom half of D1 should be dropped to another division.

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            Few things are really fair. But I think you could start with doubling the play in round. The biggest problem now is the 8-10 conferences that are just existing. They need to be playing their way in more often. At the same time, double the fringe teams too. First Four needs to be the first Eight. That would be better than what we have today and not change anything (1130 and 2, then 2 night games for 2 days) in Dayton except hotel accommodations.

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            Some good ideas in there WuDrWu. If I understand the play in round, going from First Four to First Eight only adds 4 more teams, all of whom would probably be "fringe" teams.
            All 16 seed slots would be play in teams made up of the winners of the current four 16 seed play in teams and the top two 16 seeds and the bottom two 15 seeds that are not currently play in teams. Everyone currently below the 11 seed play in spots would drop 2 spots.
            The additional "upper" play in teams would be the "last four out" teams playing for the two newly opened up top 12 seeds. These teams would most likely be the TCU, Texas, Indiana, NC St, Creighton, Alabama, Clemson type teams more so than the UNC Greensboro teams (these are your 1 and 2 seeded NIT teams).
            For me, this isn't an improvement. Only 3 of the 16 top NIT seeds were not P5+BE teams. Something more needs to be added.

[QUOTE=handing out frosted cupcakes to top end teams isn't the way. How do you fix this in a fair way?[/QUOTE]

Frosted go***** snowflakes (that's for you-know-who) more likely!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Kansas got to whip the snot out of Northeastern in the first round. Northeastern is ranked #101 on the Sagarin Ratings, and #90 on Kenpom. That's so far from the top 64 it's embarrassing. The tournament selection rules are broken and have been for a long time. I don't know how to fix it, because lesser conferences should get a shot -- but handing out frosted cupcakes to top end teams isn't the way.

How do you fix this in a fair way?
            Do away with seeding. Draw match-ups out of a hat. The cream will still rise to the Elite 8 and probably the Sweet 16.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

1. do away with the weekend of conference tournaments and those auto bids
              2. selection committee to rank top 32 teams who would all get byes that weekend
              3. use that weekend for play in games to determine the other 32 teams - start with
              128 teams, use a blind draw, and over the weekend playing just two games you reduce the
              field from 128 to 64 and then to the final 32 teams that join the top rated 32 teams. all
              match ups determined by the luck of a draw rather than arbitrary decision making. this
              expands the total field from 64 to 160 ( 128 + 32 ) without adding any time to the season

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                1979Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                1. Yes, which will automatically keep any teams with losing records, out who suddenly get hot during conference tournaments.

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Not bad, but not sure I like the blind draw. If it randomly happened that #33 had to face #34 while #127 got to play #128, that wouldn't sit well. If you can reasonably rank all 128 teams (or let the metrics services do that for you [ding ding ding]), then you can bracket properly such that #33 has the advantage of playing lesser seeds (they earned it).

Watching this video has got to create such jealousy amongst other power coaches in the country. First off, they know immediately that Gregg Marshall is in a dream job where he gets paid like a king yet is supported by players and fans who love him and appreciate his efforts regardless of what level the achievements occur at. You could just see the anxiety on Archie Miller's face in the press conference as he attempted to balance the expectations of never losing to a Wichita State while never caring about an NIT. Every coach knows that winning is hard and it should be appreciated whenever it occurs. A spoiled, delusional fanbase appreciates only the marquee wins against marquee programs. To see a celebration like this after an NIT win tells me that Marshall has the players' minds exactly where they need to be. It also tells our upcoming opponents that they are in for big trouble because Shocker Nation is in it to win it and we're never satisfied with a loss regardless of where or who we are playing. We're hungry like a nasty ol' honey badger. We don't care. We don't give a ****. We might get knocked down but we're getting back up angrier than ever.

So proud of our young team and coach. So proud of our thankful fanbase. So proud to be winning... wherever.

T

Comment

Nine blocks and out rebounding Big 10 and ACC bubblish teams tells me we've regained our edge.

Obviously if we play this way in December, or even early January, we are in the NCAA tourney.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I concur!

T

Speaking of Honey Badgers ... where has RDR been?
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Probably hiding. Ricky gets nervous during tournament season. He also could be camping out next to Koch in hopes of getting Mark's autograph, he's quite the groupie...

T

It's almost badger time!!!

Let our bigs play zebras or we will.......

T

Comment

Working...
                X