No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Indiana (NIT Quarterfinals) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of these comments are priceless especially the one about Marshall wouldn’t be here if he was an elite coach

Comment

• Walker
      Walker commented
      Editing a comment
      Some real geniuses on that board lol.

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    http://www.hoosiersportsnation.com/i...t-game-thread/

Some of these comments are priceless especially the one about Marshall wouldn’t be here if he was an elite coach
    Lol

"Top 3 in college basketball for pure coaching. Not sure he'd recruit at an elite level"

Comment

• Found this gem on an IU board. I'm not sure how to embed a tweet.

I’ve just been told by two people at this game that Gregg Marshall’s wife is screaming at IU’s student section and “talking shit” to the students. Seems on brand. #iubb

You don't mess with LM.
      Last edited by Maizerunner08; March 26, 2019, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Bwahahaha

"I dont get the love fest for Marshall at all.. his kids hit shots, ours didnt. If he was anywhere near the coach some of you say, he wouldnt be at WS for 12+ yrs. And in the NIT in year 12 as a coach of the same program... good coach, definitely not great. Where he is coaching tells the truth"

Comment

Some of these comments are priceless especially the one about Marshall wouldn’t be here if he was an elite coach
        Except for one dewsh-pimple, the comments were good.

Comment

My favorite...

“I dont get the love fest for Marshall at all.. his kids hit shots, ours didnt. If he was anywhere near the coach some of you say, he wouldnt be at WS for 12+ yrs. And in the NIT in year 12 as a coach of the same program... good coach, definitely not great. Where he is coaching tells the truth.”

Yeah, it couldn’t possibly have anything to do with Wichita State having arguably one of the most loyal and passionate fanbases in the country.

For crying out loud, I thought these people were supposed to understand basketball.
          78-65

Comment

• Maizerunner08
            Maizerunner08 commented
            Editing a comment
            "Some of the most intelligent fans in College Basketball"

• Just heard in the background, Creighton has NEVER won an NIT road game... LOL

Meanwhile 3 in 7 days over here..
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Maizerunner08
            Maizerunner08 commented
            Editing a comment
            "Creighton is playing for history tonight" Winning one road NIT game and historical for CU seems about right.

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            Perfect!

Thank you.

T

...:cool:

Irony is that the guy keeps saying that if others wanted him, they would pay up.

Why hasn't Indiana paid up then? Why does Marshall get paid more than Archie??

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
            DD played 38 minutes against Clemson. Did he ever come off the floor tonight?
            Yes, Burton came in to give him some rest, Marshall's head exploded, and then Burton subbed back out and Dexter came back in.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• They are fans of what school...I believe it is IUPUB perhaps?

Comment

• It's great to win but there's a reason I can hardly watch the Shocks anymore. I was all geared up for this game but was so angry by halftime with Mark "Black Hole" McDuffie that I decided to just listen to the rest on the radio while enjoying the weather via a peaceful evening drive.

SHJ bothers me half as much as Mark at this point (he's improved a lot in several facets). Perhaps I'm starting to obsess a bit, but I literally can't stand the guy's play anymore. At least SHJ's shots are generally in the realm of being fundamentally square and balanced.

The sad thing is, the team actually shared the ball pretty well this game no thanks to "The Master".

Gregg Marshall: "I try to teach my players to pass up a good shot for a great shot."

What happened to this? Why does Mark continually have the green light when he continually takes early shots, outside the offensive flow, and usually with a defender right in his face? What kind of example does this set for the freshman (Thank God Dex plays fundamental Gregg Marshall basketball). Players used to get insta-benched when they pulled 10% of the **** Mark pulls.

I wish I could just enjoy the win, enjoy the improvement, enjoy the ride, but I'm a fairly critical bastard and I believe that what I saw today, what I keep seeing every game, is part of what put us in the NIT in the first place. Share the goddam ****ing ball you NBA wannabe all-star.

T

Comment

• Dan
                  Dan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Unlike

• jrschh
                  jrschh commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Disappointing post.

• Shocker85
                  Shocker85 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not sure how you can be so bitter. My God, this team was headed toward a .500 season but they have figured out how to win. BFD that the games aren't works of basketball art. BFD.

I like wins, why don't you. It was so much better around here when you were in the penalty box. Maybe you should self-impose a hiatus. Like forever.

• I apologize for the idiocy of a few IU fans. You guys have the better basketball program and it isnt close. It's a shame because Indiana is an extremely easy place to win but we dont hire coaches like Gregg Marshall. Good luck up in NYC.

Comment

• Maizerunner08
                  Maizerunner08 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for stopping by. I think we were just confused by the booing. ES is one of nicest guys around. The vitriol toward him was baffling. Hope we see IU again. Wouldn't mind a home and home.

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                This season is one of many reasons 3G is worth every penny.
                Agreed! He is definitely earning his paycheck this year. I was nervous at first, and I still don't understand the love affair/eternal green light for the seniors, but we are winning and winning is what a coach is paid to do. Hopefully next year we will return to the kind of Shocker basketball we've become accustomed to and rejoin the nation's top 25.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  This team has some major heart. Something has changed in the latter part of the season. The guys appear to have fully bought in to the "Play Angry" philosophy and it's paying dividends.
                  Yes, and it was at the precise moment of the E.O.M.

Comment

• Seth Greenburg already calling WSU an NCAA team next year. Foregone conclusion.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                    X