Indiana...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana...

IU ranks 10th in the nation in home attendance with a little over 15,000 per home game. Will that many attend Tuesday's game? I'm inclined to say no, but I'll still predict at least 10K.

Anyway, their leading scorer (16.5 ppg), freshman Romeo Langford, hasn't suited up for Indiana since the Big 10 tournament. He's been dealing with an ailing back. He's projected to be a mid to late first round draftee this year. He and Archie both say that he's progressing and he'll play if he can. That could be coach-speak as we've all seen high draft picks choose not to play to protect themselves for the draft.

That said, IU has won both their games in the NIT with him out so they're still a very formidable team.

Coach needs to fly his parents into Bloomington for this one. He can afford it, and they're his good luck charm.

Comment

They had 12.2k for Arkansas. With a trip to MSG on the line, 15k might be a reasonable guess and a sellout isn’t out of the question. We all know NIT crowds are much more impressive than regular season crowds even with a smaller attendance number. Should be a great experience for our freshmen.

Comment

IU will be the real test. We deserve MSG if we can get past them.

Comment

Bloomimgton is about 40 miles from my home...feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer. You can also PM me if preferred.

As AndShock eluded, IU drew 12k+ for their NIT game 2 vs Arkansas.

Couple things that may have influenced that figure...Saturday noon start, revenge game from earlier this season (lost @ ARK in very close game), IU is offering general admission seating for all NIT games, tickets were only $20 for that game, and parking was also free. They really targeted folks/families who generally aren't able to attend games. As a result I am told the crowd was much younger and more enthusiastic than normal.

Speaking of normal, IU will generally sell out all home games. Assembly Hall seats 17.2K+. I think their first NIT game was around 10K, so clearly some folks have checked out....IU fans over 35 almost to a person believe they're a blue blood. While that was true 30 years ago....not so much these days. As a result, the fanbase is uneasy. There were high hopes for this team....especially after signing Romeo (who's a high school legend the likes of whom hadn't been seen in Indiana since Damon Bailey). The optimism from early this season has turned largely into frustration....frustration with Romeo, the season, and even overtures of Archie isn't the answer.

I have no idea what to expect attendance wise. A lot of high schools in this area are on spring break this week (my son's team played in the 2A state title game Saturday; many players, parents, and fans left the game and headed directly to Florida). From what I understand, tickets will again be general admission but $43 instead of $20. My best guess is somewhere between NIT game 1 and 2. Any week but this and I would expect around 15K for this game in the NIT, it would be sold out if it were pre conference. Spring break and tickets bumping up likely keeps this below Saturdays # vs the Razorbacks.

Comment

I'd expect 8-10K. Drop-off due to the weekday and the fact that outside of IU, Bloomington isn't really that big.

I'd say there's a 10% chance of Romeo playing.

Comment

Working...
            X