No announcement yet.

WSU Versus Indiana Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo? Are you playing tonigh? THAT is the question!

Comment

Regarding Indiana ... I'm skeeered, somebody hold me!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
        Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo? Are you playing tonigh? THAT is the question!
        Not-tonight, not-tonight. Sitting is such sweet sorrow.

Wouldn't bet on it.

Comment

Is the game on SiriusXM, unfortunately I have to be in the car.

Comment

• Bluzrover
            Bluzrover commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't find any info on that but I've found that if I go into alert settings on my Jeep's radio I can choose the Shocks' opponent and usually catch their broadcast. You might give that a try. Otherwise, use the Radio app on your smart phone and tune into KEYN and run that through your car radio. I've done that as well.

Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
          Is the game on SiriusXM, unfortunately I have to be in the car.
          I doubt it would be on SiriusXM, but you should be able to get the radio broadcast stream from KEYN, either their website or the TuneIn app.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Listen through Radio.com. Last year I listened to KEYN on Tunein but could not find it on Tunein this year.

Comment

• zlinedavid
              zlinedavid commented
              Editing a comment
              FWIW, IU's radio stream is available via TuneIn. More often than not, I sync up the TuneIn audio stream with ESPN's broadcast, and turn the TV on mute.

• SHOCKvalue
              SHOCKvalue commented
              Editing a comment
              Radio.com has an app, and the KEYN game stream has migrated there.

• 1979Shocker
              1979Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, Intercom stations aren't on Tune-In anymore. So, KEYN and KNSS are on the Radio.com app only.

4 storylines for IU’s NIT game vs. Wichita State

March 25, 2019 Mike Miller Men's Basketball 2 comments
            1. Battle on the boards
            A key factor in Wichita State’s mid-year turnaround has been its success on the glass. Since Jan. 30, the Shockers have out-rebounded 12 of their 16 opponents. In the NIT alone, Wichita State has been a combined plus-21 in the rebound margin. For the season, the Shockers’ offensive rebounding rate of 32.9 percent ranks 45th nationally. Indiana, meanwhile, has outperformed five of its past seven opponents on the glass. Similarly to Wichita State, IU’s upward late-season trajectory has been partially attributable to its success on the boards. “Rebounding the ball is huge,” IU coach Archie Miller said. “If we’re rebounding the ball, our team has shown they’re able to play with anyone. This is going to be one of those deals where our guards and everyone is going to have to be committed. They’re bigger on the perimeter.”

2. Echenique’s return to form
            After a frustrating three-game run in the American Athletic Conference Tournament, Wichita State’s Jaime Echenique has been a positive contributor toward the Shockers’ run to the NIT quarterfinals. The junior college transfer combined for merely 27 points and 13 rebounds at the conference tournament, but since the start of the NIT, he’s been much more productive. He’s averaging 17.0 points and 6.0 rebounds in the NIT, while hitting 15 of his 18 shots from the field. A 6-foot-11 junior, Echenique’s 25.8 percent defensive rebound percentage leads all AAC players and is the second-highest in the league’s six-year history. In Sunday’s win at Clemson, Echenique finished with 18 points, two rebounds, two blocks and three steals. “I love what he’s able to do,” Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall said. “He became our best post player early on. He was really, really good at one point early, then he hurt his foot. He had plantar fascitis. … He’s been great (lately). He was wonderful in the Clemson game.”

3. Smith on guard
            Saturday’s win over Arkansas marked the second time in the past three games that Justin Smith has gone scoreless. He attempted only three shots against the Razorbacks, and was unable to convert on any for the third time this season. While IU could certainly use more scoring production from the sophomore forward, Smith’s most important contributions against Wichita State could come on the defensive end. Smith is likely to draw the assignment of guarding Wichita State leading scorer Markis McDuffie. “Without question that matchup is huge,” Miller said. “I think Justin has to step up and sort of rise to his level a little bit. He has to be ready to go at that end of the floor.”

4. No update on Langford
            Indiana’s Romeo Langford continues to receive treatment on his ailing back, a program spokesman said on Monday. Although the freshman’s status for Tuesday’s game has not been determined, it appears that Langford, who is also weighing a decision to enter this summer’s NBA Draft, could miss his third straight game of the NIT. With Langford sitting, Devonte Green has logged a season-high 37 minutes in back-to-back games. “Without Romeo, I know that I might have to play more minutes,” Green said. “I practice hard every day of the week. It’s not anything new, really.”

Comment

From the Indy Star:
              Prediction

When you couple Wichita State's recent form, its NIT run thus far and its general form since late January, this looks like the toughest test Indiana will face in its quest to reach New York.

The Shockers have made their brand on being nails-tough and smart defensively, the kind of team you can only beat if you're really willing to work to do it. This might not be Marshall's finest squad, but it's one that's playing its best basketball at the right time of year, and probably not one that will be cowed by Assembly Hall.

How IU matches up with McDuffie will be fascinating. Whether or not Romeo Langford is healthy enough to play will be critical. What kind of crowd turns up, after Indiana fans more than doubled attendance between NIT games one and two last week, could prove pivotal.

It's commendable the way the Hoosiers have reinvested in their season, and in a secondary tournament teams of their stature are usually accused of ignoring or refusing to take seriously in March.

If Indiana gets to New York, it will have earned its right to play there.

IU 65, Wichita State 64.

Comment

Thanks to everyone that has done the prediction threads this season. I have to admit that I do enjoy the old days where forevershockerfan started and kept us informed of the upcoming opponent. Indiana led by Archie Miller is getting better, but the shockers are more than capable of leaving the Bobbby Knight Hall with the victory. Who knows, maybe Coach Knight will accompany us tonight LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
                  Thanks to everyone that has done the prediction threads this season. I have to admit that I do enjoy the old days where forevershockerfan started and kept us informed of the upcoming opponent. Indiana led by Archie Miller is getting better, but the shockers are more than capable of leaving the Bobbby Knight Hall with the victory. Who knows, maybe Coach Knight will accompany us tonight LOL.
                  In all seriousness, if he could, it'd be a good thing. Not sure if the news has broken nationally or not, but Knight's health has taken a turn for the worse. No official statements, but based on a comment made by long-time IU play-by-play man Don Fischer (also a personal friend of RMK, and one of his few remaining ties to IU), it sounds as if he's suffering from Alzheimer's/dementia.

Comment

• Walker
                    Walker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope coach Knight and IU can bury the hatchet before it’s too late.

• homegrownshocker
                    homegrownshocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Had not heard about his illness for sure. The last season I heard him announce games on ESPN he was quite informative in his analyst job. Sorry to hear about his issue and have an older relative going through the same illness. Tough to watch them go through it.

Looking good. Odds against us are dropping as we speak.
                  it's down to -3.5 now. Per Yahoo Sports.

Comment

Eldridge says hundreds of IU fans are waiting outside for this game 2+ hours before tip. Color me impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Pickle View Post
                      Eldridge says hundreds of IU fans are waiting outside for this game 2+ hours before tip. Color me impressed.
                      Direct quote from someone currently at Assembly Hall: "Lines are longer than they were Saturday".

Comment

Originally posted by lmor1971 View Post
                        Can someone show this to Greg? Just a little added motivation

"​Marshall is a mid-major coach. He coaches at Wichita, a mid-major. If he wants to win a title, and put on his big boy pants and become a Power Five coach along with the extra pressure and criticism when his wizard ways don't produce the same winning results when he does not have more talent that the other teams in his little conference. Marshall had his chance to come to IU but chose to stay behind as a mid-major. Archie took the risk and the chance at IU and his career will be rewarded while Marshall will be remembered for dominating small school conference but never winning the big one. Marshall had his one big class and lost. That was his shot. Stomp Wichita"​​​​​​

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/th...ichita.182382/
                        Do you think Marshall thinks, "I'm getting really tired of coaching at this mid-major $hithole." whenever he cashes his paycheck or puts his team and staff on a chartered jet?
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• WstateU
                          WstateU commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lets hope he never decides he wants to own his own jet... if not, we're good! :)

Meh. That's what I say about that negative post about HCGM by a Hoosier fan. A REAL college basketball fan is educated to the dynamics, variables, challenges, and factors a head coach and college program have or don't have. This Rivals poster obviously determines credibility based on the name of the team the coach is leading. I don't expect some fan from Indiana to know everything about Shocker basketball so his negative statements are irrelevant and doesn't rattle my cage. His comments are easily dismissed as a nothing-burger. What matters is that we know HCGM is one of the best in the nation of getting more with less than any coach out there. No McDonald All-Americans, no 4 or 5 star recruits, no one-and-done players, no D1 football to woooo a recruit on visit, all the while playing in a city that is smack dab in flyover country.

That said, I would love to get a win tonight so I can then re-activate my Rivals account and reply to this buffoon. Regardless, the Shox have exceeded by expectations this year so I'm happy to cash out with money in my pocket.

Comment

Working...
                        X