WSU Versus Indiana Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Indiana Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Shocks. Run the Picket Fence play over and over until we foul out Devonte Green and Juwan Morgan of the Hoosiers. These 2 players are very good and we must keep them held to a mild roar. Watch out for flying chairs. Measure the 2 rims at Assembly Hall. Yes, they are both 10'. This is our team!!! JE is hot, MM wants to go home to a Garden Party to run the Statue of Liberty basketball play, DD gets huge timely rebounds and is will hit his 3's, SHJ wants to put nails and daggers in coffins when the going gets tough and A.M. has improved in leaps and bounds. Our Freshmen must all play like Seasoned Sophs. Okay, I was asked to do this so here I am.

These young beloved Shocks are learning to make their temporary home on the cold and lonely road, survive, and go back on the road again as Willie would say. Even so, we even beat UCF this Season who missed 2 shots at the very end or would have beat Duke today. Indiana is 19-15 but won 6 of their last 7 games. Even though they only ended up 8th in the Big 10 at 8-12, they beat Wisconsin in double OT, and beat Michigan State twice in which one of these wins was also in OT. Their last loss was to Ohio State 79-75 at their Conf. Tourney.

In this NIT trek they beat St. Francis 89-72 and squeaked past Arkansas 63-60. Their players that are key IMO are Devonte Green and Juwan Howard mentioned above. To win this game our Shocks will need to keep our turnovers to under 10. Today, the Shocks played with a purpose, fighting and scratching for every loose ball. Beating the Shocks when we play well as of late is almost as hard as pulling hens teeth. Don't want no Miller Time but rather Marshall Law to rule the day, playing D. as if our hair is on fire, and cleaning glass as if we have Stock in Windex. This game will go down the the wire and Indiana does have some solid height for us to contend with. Burton had a rough day today but will drain a 3 at the Buzzer for some real March Madness.

X-Man----70

Hooisers------68
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Dang they really beat MSU twice?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      Dang they really beat MSU twice?
      Yeah. They are kinda like Clemson in that they had some good wins and close losses.

Beat Michigan State twice
      Beat Wisconsin
      Beat Iowa
      Only lost to Purdue at home by 2 (lost to them by 15 @ Purdue)
      Lost to Maryland by 3

But they have had their share of not so great games also.

Wont be a cakewalk. I figure we will be 7 or 8pt dogs again
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

On 2/2 They beat Michigan State 79-75 and on 3/2 beat them again 63-62. They will be a handful at their home and again I see this to be a very close battle.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I hope Dexter isn't gassed after that great defensive performance today over 38 minutes.

Comment

Langford is still possible for this game.

Comment

Line Movements for Shockers vs Hoosiers provided by VegasInsider.com, along with more ncaab information for your sports gaming and betting needs.

Indiana Hoosiers 5.5+ Point Favorites.

Comment

Maybe its just me, but I'm kind of liking the ugly wins. I hope they 1. win, 2. close and 3. play really ugly. It just signals (to me) that they can always play better - there's always something they can improve on. :poster_shocks:

Comment

I predict that our post play will be inadequate and our seniors will continue to disappoint and play hero ball....

Oh, wait it's NOT April 1.....

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Excellent meter calibration lately.

A Shocker win over a good Indiana team who has the advantage of home court, an extra day of rest and no traveling would be a very high quality win from my perspective. This is going to be a tough one. But as others have said the Shocks are playing with house money at this point and they just need to go out play cut it loose for 40 minutes.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 25, 2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

"What to expect: Wichita State" - Inside the Hall

By Alex Bozich
                    Posted: 03/25/19, 8:00am cst

Indiana will play for a spot in the National Invitation tournament semifinals on Tuesday night in Bloomington.

"...WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO

The KenPom prediction is Indiana by six with a 69 percent chance for the Hoosiers to advance to New York. The Sagarin ratings favor Indiana by close to nine when adjusted for homecourt.

After drawing over 12,000 fans over the weekend for the Arkansas win, Indiana could have another raucous atmosphere on Tuesday night at Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall. Tickets are affordable at just $20, parking is free and it is also the last opportunity to see Morgan play in Bloomington.

Wichita State is already battle tested on the road in this event and while Indiana did win its last two games, the Hoosiers struggled at times in both victories.

If Indiana can continue to get solid play from its backcourt trio Al Durham Jr., Devonte Green and Rob Phinisee, the Hoosiers have an excellent chance to move on to Madison Square Garden. If, however, IU shows up lackadaisical and lacking focus, Wichita State has the personnel and the coaching necessary to pull off the upset in Bloomington."

Comment

"Indiana Basketball vs Wichita State: Game Preview and Prediction" - FanSided Sports

by Alec Lasley
                      Posted: 03/25/19, 10:30am cst

Indiana basketball turns their attention to Greg Marshall and Wichita State in the NIT quarterfinals with a trip to Madison Square Garden on the line.

"Indiana basketball turns their attention to Greg Marshall and Wichita State in the NIT quarterfinals with a trip to Madison Square Garden on the line. The Shockers come into Assembly Hall looking to knock off an Indiana basketball team that is playing some of its best basketball over the last month. In what will be a rematch of a 2015 NCAA Tournament game between the Shockers and Hoosiers, it is also the team that Archie Miller coached his last game against while at Dayton....

Key to the Game
                      While both teams struggle to score the ball at points, and the Shockers poor shooting percentage, it will come down to who can rebound the ball.

Averaging roughly 37 rebounds a game for both teams, Wichita State does hold almost a four offensive rebound per game advantage over the Hoosiers.

With Indiana’s ability to rebound at the guard position, that could be crucial in closing the gap on the offensive glass.

Another important matchup will be that in the paint.

Since neither team is a threat from behind the three point-line, their ability to win the points in the paint matchup will go a long way.

Juwan Morgan, who is averaging 20.0 points while shooting 68 percent from the field over his last five games, will be a load to handle for the Shockers".

Prediction? Indiana 67, Wichita State 61

Comment

Greetings from the Hoosier state. Doing my own research into Tuesday's game, so may as well give you all a quick primer:

1) 10% chance Romeo Langford plays, and that's being optimistic. He's fighting a tweaked back, and hasn't practiced since before the conference tournament.
                        2) First post was right about Juwan Morgan. Not a star at anything, but no glaring weaknesses in his game either.
                        3) Green is as streaky as a nudist colony, and can make some incredibly boneheaded plays at times. That said, if he catches fire, he's tough to stop. FWIW, this is Danny Green's (UNC/Spurs/Raptors) younger brother.
                        4) If you're going to concentrate on someone other than Morgan, make it Rob Phinisee. Easily our best point guard. Fundamentally sound, and a hard nosed defender. In the 2nd win against MSU, he completely snuffed Winston out on the last possession. Not a volume scorer, but clutch. Get him off track or out of the game, and we're a different team.

If you want to beat us, pound the paint. Morgan and De'Ron Davis are the only real post threats we have. Justin Smith is athletic, but he's more of a shot-blocking wing (and is streakier than Green). Morgan is a competent enough defender, but he's been playing the 5 most of the year, and is only 6'8". Davis is more of a physical load, but he's been playing catchup all year, coming off of a torn Achilles.

Another way to beat us: start fast. This Indiana team has the most maddening slow starts that I've ever seen. It'll also help keep the crowd out of it. Assembly Hall probably won't be packed, but expect a crowd of around 8-10,000. AH has some funky acoustics, and can be borderline pain-inducing loud if it's packed and rocking. The building hit 116 decibels after Christian Watford's game winning shot against Kentucky in 2011.

There's also a 50/50 chance we'll beat ourselves. Yes, we beat MSU twice, beat Marquette and Louisville early in the season, beat Wisconsin, etc. But, this is also the team that lost to Rutgers and lost by double digits at home to Nebraska.

Aside, IU fans in general have a ton of respect for Gregg Marshall. His name was brought up repeatedly after (and before...) Crean was let go.

Looking forward to a good one tomorrow.

Edit: If you're looking for some civil conversation from the opposition: hoosiersportsnation.com. Wouldn't bother with the Rivals or 247Boards.
                        Last edited by zlinedavid; March 25, 2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Bluzrover
                          Bluzrover commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the rundown and welcome! Most of us here are pretty civil and definitely appreciate the inside analysis. This is a young, inexperienced team that is only just now starting to figure out how to play the Gregg Marshall way. I would expect us to attempt to get the ball to our two posts, Jamie Echenique and Asbjorn Midtgaard, repeatedly as our perimeter offense isn't that great. I expect an ugly, defense-first type of game that will probably have all of us on the edge of our seats. Let's just hope we've got good officiating. Good luck!

• AndShock
                          AndShock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          lol, I see why you said not to bother with Rivals. That board is all about Lynn and Marshall being a mid-major coach who is too scared to go P5. On the hand, HSN is all about basketball discussion.

• zlinedavid
                          zlinedavid commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The general outlook on the Indiana Rivals board is darker than Eeyore's butthole during a blackout. We could go 41-0 with a national championship, have multiple players named as All Americans and academic All Americans, plus have the consensus #1 recruiting class the next year and they'd still find something to kvetch about.

3) Green is as streaky as a nudist colony, and can make some incredibly boneheaded plays at times. That said, if he catches fire, he's tough to stop. FWIW, this is Danny Green's (UNC/Spurs/Raptors) younger brother.

Hmm, this sounds so familiar...

Comment

I'll just say Go Shocks!
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                          X