Letter from AD Sexton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from AD Sexton

Sort of a "State of Shocker Nation" thing.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Its nice to see that he acknowledges conference realignment, since so many people think they're sitting on their hands in the AD. They might not be good at talking with the small fries, but I'm confident with them actually running the department.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

From Dr. Beggs statement:
      "...we are monitoring closely the progress of the issues related to conference realignment, which will occur around us. This environment is changing daily, and President Beggs and I have been communicating weekly as we track those changes and work to be poised as opportunities present themselves. There is not anything currently on the table for movement, and any future decisions will be made with great thought and research."
      That's a much stronger statement than I would have expected from someone known to be careful and guarded with his public statements. That's pretty much an announcement that WSU will listen to offers from other conferences.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        From Dr. Beggs statement:

That's pretty much an announcement that WSU will listen to offers from other conferences.
        You would expect WSU to listen to offers wouldn't you?
        “Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.”
        John Wayne

Comment

I agree- this statement is uncharacteristically strong and proactive. I'm quite happy about it.

Comment

Originally posted by 19SHOCKER76 View Post
            You would expect WSU to listen to offers wouldn't you?
            I would expect WSU to listen to offers, but the way AD's are phrasing their statements on realignments, that's basically soliciting offers. Less than a month ago, Missouri was saying how much they supported a unified B12.

Some may think Sexton is a weak AD but he just sent Elgin a strong message.

Comment

Love to see wsu in the big east or pac 10 and maybe bring back football.....but here's to just thinkn how nice it would be

Comment

crack kills

EDIT: I am only kidding, hopefully you don't take that the wrong way. Just Big East/Pac 10? come on
                Last edited by Ta town; October 20, 2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                  crack kills
                  :highly_amused:

Comment

"Love to see wsu in the big east or pac 10 and maybe bring back football.....but here's to just thinkn how nice it would be"

Wow! What a great idea, we need to start football back up.

Let's see, if everyone on ShockerNet would cough up about 100K each that might make a good start.

Everyone send me your check and I will forward the money. Make them out to me, Mr. Cash.
                    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                      "Love to see wsu in the big east or pac 10 and maybe bring back football.....but here's to just thinkn how nice it would be"

Wow! What a great idea, we need to start football back up.

Let's see, if everyone on ShockerNet would cough up about 100K each that might make a good start.

Everyone send me your check and I will forward the money. Make them out to me, Mr. Cash.
                      I'm not sure that that's enough. Have you factored in the cost of a time machine to fast forward the football program at least 10 years into the future. Make sure you get a time machine that will return us back to the day before we send you our checks just in case we don't like what we see down the line. BTW, you will need to hold my check. I will let you know when it will clear.

Comment

No comment.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I've got used flux capacitor in my garage. Anybody got a DeLorean?

Comment

I've got one. Slightly used. Just stay out of the trunk!
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Got to hand it to our AD Sexton, he writes a good letter. Plus it is encouraging to hear that he and the Prez are at least considering and hopefully have a game plan if or when an attractive offer pops up.

Comment

Working...
                              X