Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Clemson (NIT 2nd Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a message board... People post how they feel...or nothing wrong with stating your opinion as long as you're not hurting or belittling anyone... criticism is what fans do... Right to free speech... Don't @ me

Comment

• shoxlax
      shoxlax commented
      Editing a comment
      So in the interest of free speech, my declaration is that the perspective of the complete turn around of this train wreck of a season that seems lost by some people on this board boggles my mind. It just makes game threads so hard for me to read, let alone participate in.

Also, what the hell does “belittling anyone” even mean in social media today?

• Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
      It's a message board... People post how they feel...or nothing wrong with stating your opinion as long as you're not hurting or belittling anyone... criticism is what fans do... Right to free speech... Don't @ me
      As long as we dont become phog.net......
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Game threads are threads that happen in the middle of the games, in the heat of the moment. You might then say, "well don't post during games". Well if that happened, internet sports message boards wouldn't exist.

Listen, it's nice to look back on games after the fact and not be as harsh and call out people because the games ended up going the right way. It's funny that these types of posts never appear after losses. Kind of a coincidence eh?

If SHJ airballs that stepback 3 and we end up blowing the lead and losing, and that DUMB jersey grab which led to a flagrant 1 foul becomes the difference, then what? Are players aren't allowed any type of criticism at all? Again, if you think this board is bad, then you haven't been around any other message boards. This board is one of the softer boards around when it comes to player and coaching criticism. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 and it always becomes easier to call out people after the fact when the ball bounces the right way.

That was a very mucky game (as even the ESPN crew referred to). It was ugly and had a lot of DUMB IQ basketball. I'm sorry if that dose of reality is a kick in the corn flakes for some.

Am I happy we still won? YOU BETCHA. Am I glad SHJ's step back 3 went in? ABSOLUTELY. And am I stoked that we are somehow still playing basketball in late March and the last Kansas team doing so? **** YA.

But, let's please leave the pretentious calling out after-the-fact alone.
        If it’s fair game to call out the players then it’s definitely fair game to call out other posters for the dumb **** they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

If it’s fair game to call out the players then it’s definitely fair game to call out other posters for the dumb **** they say.
          See, you just don't get it.

Do you think SHJ flagranting a guy with a minute left was smart or dumb?

It's one thing to be ultra negative all of the time and then it's another to just flip the blinders on and act like a WSU player can do no wrong.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Game threads are threads that happen in the middle of the games, in the heat of the moment. You might then say, "well don't post during games". Well if that happened, internet sports message boards wouldn't exist.

Listen, it's nice to look back on games after the fact and not be as harsh and call out people because the games ended up going the right way. It's funny that these types of posts never appear after losses. Kind of a coincidence eh?

If SHJ airballs that stepback 3 and we end up blowing the lead and losing, and that DUMB jersey grab which led to a flagrant 1 foul becomes the difference, then what? Are players aren't allowed any type of criticism at all? Again, if you think this board is bad, then you haven't been around any other message boards. This board is one of the softer boards around when it comes to player and coaching criticism. Hindsight is definitely 20/20 and it always becomes easier to call out people after the fact when the ball bounces the right way.

That was a very mucky game (as even the ESPN crew referred to). It was ugly and had a lot of DUMB IQ basketball. I'm sorry if that dose of reality is a kick in the corn flakes for some.

Am I happy we still won? YOU BETCHA. Am I glad SHJ's step back 3 went in? ABSOLUTELY. And am I stoked that we are somehow still playing basketball in late March and the last Kansas team doing so? **** YA.

But, let's please leave the pretentious calling out after-the-fact alone.
            First, One play doesn’t win or lose these games...

Second, This team is unorthodox when it comes to offense, but that is a function of multiple players having similar strengths and weaknesses. We don’t have many knockdown shooters or slashers that can drive and kick. We sure as hell don’t have a confident prototypical point guard. As a result, defenses are not taxed and we take tough shots when we can’t get the ball to the post. My take - get over it.

We don’t have the balance to look pretty.. but it doesn’t seem to matter because HCGM has these guys doing enough of everything else to play at a top 50 level.

There is so much this team is doing well right now. There is nothing to be gained by worrying about what this team can’t be...

Comment

It's one thing to be ultra negative all of the time and then it's another to just flip the blinders on and act like a WSU player can do no wrong.
              Obviously that was a bad turnover compounded by a foul. Who would say otherwise?

I don’t believe anyone is saying Samaje or any other player can do no wrong. I’m certainly not. I’ve acknowledged many times that they’re far from perfect players.

The problem is when you have people such as yourself who take a hard line stance on something and then take every opportunity to try and win points if a guy does something wrong. Basically you’re celebrating when our guys fail. That’s my perspective anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Obviously that was a bad turnover compounded by a foul. Who would say otherwise?

I don’t believe anyone is saying Samaje or any other player can do no wrong. I’m certainly not. I’ve acknowledged many times that they’re far from perfect players.

The problem is when you have people such as yourself who take a hard line stance on something and then take every opportunity to try and win points if a guy does something wrong. Basically you’re celebrating when our guys fail. That’s my perspective anyways.
                Celebrating? Do you think I was jumping around giving high fives when SHJ flagranted that guy or dribbled the ball off a guy's foot and turned the ball over at a key time? Are you serious?

I pointed out the dumb plays. I also have pointed out the great plays SHJ has made in the past. When negative outweighs the positive, you'll probably see more negative from me. That's because I'm reacting to what I'm seeing.

SHJ is what he is. A JUCO-type that has too much JUCO in him that is playing major minutes which he never was expected to do. I get it. There is no "hard line stance". I'm commenting on what I'm seeing and that's what SHJ is.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I just get so frustrated watching us play when the solution seems so simple. You win as a team or you lose as a team. In the long run, you'll win more games that way. The second one of our seniors decides it's been too long he flips the switch and then the rest of the team pulls up a chair and watches. We are in the NIT because of that switch getting flipped way too often.

I supposed there are times when a player needs to go off; Fred against Indiana comes to mind. But I'll trust his judgment on that one.

T

...:cool:

Comment

SHJ grabbing that dude's jersey didn't piss me off nearly as much as the And1 crossover step-back three. The grab was an act of desperation in the face of a forthcoming atomic bomb. It was something a dummy would do, but an innocent dummy. The step-back three was premeditated wayyyy in advance and illustrative of what makes us really bad at times. The switch was flipped and it was hero time!!!1111111

T

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

SHJ grabbing that dude's jersey didn't piss me off nearly as much as the And1 crossover step-back three. The grab was an act of desperation in the face of a forthcoming atomic bomb. It was something a dummy would do, but an innocent dummy. The step-back three was premeditated wayyyy in advance and illustrative of what makes us really bad at times. The switch was flipped and it was hero time!!!1111111

T

Here is a perfect example of someone being upset that one of our own players made a big shot. I'm getting the feeling you would have celebrated more had he air balled that shot. Get lost and go cheer for KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

Here is a perfect example of someone being upset that one of our own players made a big shot. I'm getting the feeling you would have celebrated more had he air balled that shot. Get lost and go cheer for KU.
                        Yes, theoretically I would have preferred he airball all his AND1 shots starting from the beginning of the year. Then after a handful of games he would have been told to pass the ball or be benched. At this point of the year I'll take whatever I can get but I still get angry. I'm not one of shallow character so I don't flip from mad to happy when the ball goes through the hoop. A bad shot is a bad shot regardless of the outcome. 99% of the people on this board will not understand what I'm saying right now and I'm okay with that. There are advantages of being in the "1%".

T

Comment

• proshox
                          proshox commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It wasn’t a bad shot. There are things called rythym dribbles. When guys have an inherent green light they tend to make a higher percentage of them. SHJ gets himself into trouble when he is hesitant to make the play... OTOH he is remarkably efficient when HCGM tells him to get a bucket. Mindset is everything. Those who don’t get this with SHJ haven’t been paying attention.

Alternatively, who was going to get us a bucket whe Clemson was focused. They were switching everything in that situation and selling out. There wasn’t going to be an easy shot to be had in that situation.

• Husker4Shockers
                          Husker4Shockers commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I've read some really dumb things on this board, but that has to be right up there. Proud to be in the 99%.
                          Last edited by Husker4Shockers; March 25, 2019, 11:30 AM.

• “If you think this message board is bad then you haven’t been around any other message boards”. That’s a little like saying it’s not so bad cause the crap is only knee deep and not as bad as others because it’s deeper elsewhere. It’s still crap. I am glad this message board is still better than any other I’ve visited. And that’s all I have to say about that.

Comment

• I was more frustrated with Burton peeing down his leg in the final 5 minutes. Everyone makes mistakes at different points in the game, but Burton’s 3 late turnovers were the most costly mistakes, IMO. SHJ had the jersey grab but he also had the full court assist to Asbjørn and the 3 pointer, were the two most crucial plays down the stretch.

Comment

• bleednblackngold
                            bleednblackngold commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Burton looked very timid and scared. Like he lost all confidence. Very weird.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                            Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Kind of like FVV against Louisville?

• I tend to give a pass to passionate fans who make questionable comments during the heat of the game.
                          I, myself, have been too critical of players at times and that is after all the smoke has settled. Quite a
                          few mistakes were made towards the end of yesterdays game but the TEAM survived and hopefully
                          learned from them. We are a YOUNG team and mistakes will be made - probably going to see quite a
                          few more Tuesday but they are playing hard tough defense which keeps them in games. The bottom line
                          for me is that by moving to the AAC we now are being treated to a lot more interesting and exciting
                          games. Along with that is going to be many more frustrating moments and many of our fans are still
                          adjusting including myself. I really really love the nucleus pf players coming back and hope that ALL the
                          ones playing significant minutes this season are back next year !!!!! Love our centers and freshmen.

Comment

Working...
                          X