Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita State at Clemson (NIT 2nd Round)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    The good news is that, with no tourney games on Tuesday, the game in Assembly Hall should have significantly better referees than what was officiating today.
    Hopefully better announcers as well...at least know that WSU is not a "johnny come lately" program which has had a number of trips to the tournament prior to Marshall.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      ... with TWO Final Fours!

• What was ugly was the many attempts to break a trapping press

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
      Heading to Assembly Hall Tuesday! Some people on here will never be happy. Smh. Go Shox!!
      No doubt. Simply delusional.

Comment

• Get real-time COLLEGEBASKETBALL basketball coverage and scores as Wichita State Shockers takes on Clemson Tigers. We bring you the latest game previews, live stats, and recaps on CBSSports.com

we were 7-10 from the line, they were 23-31

Comment

• wusphlash
          wusphlash commented
          Editing a comment
          We're used to it.

• jdmee
          jdmee commented
          Editing a comment
          And the 3 misses were from McDuff

• I know we were making some frustrating mistakes but man, that officiating seemed beyond questionable at times. Some good blocks and good defense was taken away and gifted to Clemson for free shots at the stripe. I want to give the refs the benefit of the doubt and assume they were anticipating but I don’t know. Seemed like Echenique was several feet away from one foul he was called for.

Dumb mistakes, bad officiating and we still prevailed! Even with all of that, we still beat a solid team on their home court. We better work on inbounding against the press because you know Indiana was watching this.

Expectations were exceeded a while ago so this win was awesome. Going to be a great one in Bloomington if we eliminate the turnovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          Burton has looked steady and improving as the season went on - until today. He acted like he had never seen a press before.
          Do not understand No Echenique the last 10 minutes - Tired? Hurt or did HCGM just forget about him?

Weird.

That is all.
          Can only think that with 4 fouls Gregg was wanting him available for specific offensive situations down the stretch.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            Nailed it!

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I dont get all the "we didnt deserve to win." We were the better team, played better than them, and beat the refs as well. Well done Shox!
          Listening to this board someone would have thought the exact opposite was taking place on the court today. Sort of like a Rorscharch test

Comment

• If we win at Indiana, we'll end up with a .500 record on the road.

Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Walker View Post
              I know we were making some frustrating mistakes but man, that officiating seemed beyond questionable at times. Some good blocks and good defense was taken away and gifted to Clemson for free shots at the stripe. I want to give the refs the benefit of the doubt and assume they were anticipating but I don’t know. Seemed like Echenique was several feet away from one foul he was called for.

Dumb mistakes, bad officiating and we still prevailed! Even with all of that, we still beat a solid team on their home court. We better work on inbounding against the press because you know Indiana was watching this.

Expectations were exceeded a while ago so this win was awesome. Going to be a great one in Bloomington if we eliminate the turnovers.
              Looked to me like Echenique reached his arm out toward the shooter, came up a foot or two short, but the baseline official looking through JE saw him reach and called the foul.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Walker
                Walker commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah that’s what I thought too. I know it’s on Echenique because he needs to show his hands and play defense with his feet, but even when our guys were doing that, it seemed like the refs were working for Clemson.

• I dunno, but I think you gotta throw that big bastard outa the game

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

Hopefully better announcers as well...at least know that WSU is not a "johnny come lately" program which has had a number of trips to the tournament prior to Marshall.
                Back in the mid 80’s and the 60s before that. Not like a perennial tourney team.

Ithought Ellis was pretty good when there was actually basketball being played for him to analyze. Very little on display
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Yes our freshman PG played worse than our senior guard. Thanks to the ending.
                  Bingo!

Comment

• Congrats on the win. Good win despite the refs. As you can see Clemson is offensively challenged. Good luck in Indiana. Go Shockers! Go Paladins!

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post

... and turgeon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Our true point (Burton) played a hell of a lot worse.
                        Burton is anything but a "true point". Burton is another of the "can play point" guys that keep showing up on the roster. The last "true point" on the roster was VanVleet, and he was recruited something like 7 or 8 years ago. That's a lot of recruiting classes that didn't contain a point guard.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• pie n eye
                          pie n eye commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And yet we continue to win a lot of games...despite your constant refrain.
                      Working...
                      X