WSU makes 2 new Furman Fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU makes 2 new Furman Fans!

Just wanted to pass along this story. I have a life long friend who's first cousin is Coach Marshall's mother so I guess he is Gregg's second cousin. He called me when the game was announced and wanted to go. He is not a Furman fan. He had not seen Coach Marshall since Gregg was a child. He said he hoped to get to say hello to Coach Marshall. After the game he went down to the court and said hello to him and told him who he was. Coach Marshall invited him back to the locker room to celebrate the win. After some encouragement from Gregg he went to the locker to celebrate the win and the 500th win of his career. He said it was great and thanked me over and over for hooking him up with tickets. He said the players were great along with all the other WS people. He said Coach Marshall was very complimentary of Furman. He and his wife enjoy college basketball and loved the game and atmosphere. I don't think he has ever gone to a FU basketball game. He said he would love for he and his wife to go to with us to some some FU games next year. I think FU has a couple of new fans thanks to Wichita State and Coach Marshall. Go Shockers!

I'm pretty sure that Furman has made fans of many shocker folks as well. Great game, great team and extremely impressive coach. Hope We Meet Again, next time at our place!

Comment

My son and I went to the game at Furman. I know it's been mentioned by a few folks who attended, but I wanted to reiterate that Furman's fans are first class!

I'm in the Air Force and have spent most of my time in the Southeast at various bases. The only time we've been able to go to games is when WSU has been w/in driving distance (Furman is about 4 hours). While the fans at places like Alabama, VCU and UCF were cordial, I've never experienced hospitality like my son and I did at Furman.

We got to the game about an hour early and went up to our seats (opposite side of the benches). As we were watching warm-ups there was a gentleman from Furman who came up and personally thanked us for coming to the game (I also saw him do the same to several other WSU folks). When we went to the snack bar we had several Furman fans come by and basically said the same thing and hoped we were enjoying the game. Then, after the game was finished, there were still a few Furman fans that took time to come up to us. They also thanked us for coming and were extremely complimentary of our team and our fans that attended the game.

When you go watch your team on the road, you never no how "hostile" the opposing team's fans will be. I will say, the folks at Furman are a class act. While this thread said WSU made 2 new Furman fans, I'll say Furman made two new fans from WSU. I hope them well and their program's future, unless they have to play WSU. :)

Comment

I see so much WSU a decade ago in Furman. We were the little guy at one point. Will be following them closely going forward. Hopefully they can follow a similar path as us.

Comment

Working...
        X