Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can WSU poach some Cincy recruits?

Comment

• Better that UCLA gets Cronin than our favorite coach. I’ve been seeing lots of Twitter chatter about their fans wanting HCGM.

Comment

• Shockadaisical
        Shockadaisical commented
        Editing a comment
        Tend to disagree Choida. When and if he can get UCLA going in the right direction again, they will return to the blue blood status. UCLA 11 national titles to Cincinnati's zero. Easy to sell tradition with a little momentum heading in the right direction

• Walker
        Walker commented
        Editing a comment
        Not comparing but I think Cincy has 2 titles. It's a big loss for Cincy but it may end up being a blessing in disguise for Cronin and Cincy.

• DUShock
        DUShock commented
        Editing a comment
        Dude has gotta tarts winning some games Inc the dance or he’ll be standing on the sidelines at a directional state university in four years. It sucks he left Cincy.

• Mick will win at UCLA, do you think he cares what the alumni, movie stars, et al think? Once he gets it moving the right direction they will get in line...

Until they decide that 2nd week of the tournament and not enough showtime offense is equivalent to failure. Meanwhile he will have cashed some healthy checks and tanned his dome.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• The Mad Hatter
        The Mad Hatter commented
        Editing a comment
        Tell that to Steve Lavin.

• I think Cincy will be alright. But Cronin would always have a winner, IMO. So uncertainty is in store in short term.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
        And careful what you wish for. Checked out one of the topics on their board(s) and there was one topic that basically said "tell us what you hate about Mike Cronin" in here and keep all the other threads on topic. I'm guessing a lot of fans don't see either the half full or half empty glass, they just don't see a glass. Wow. Very very strange.
        Despite having some great teams, they only made it to the second weekend once in Cronin's 13 years at Cincy. Regular season success is obviously great and they certainly had that, but no matter what program it is, fans are always going to get spoiled and want more after a while.

I'm not sure who they go after, but I do hope they can find someone who has more success in the postseason. Watching them choke against Nevada and Iowa was infuriating and I'm not even a fan of their team.

Comment

• Chris Jans, Steve Forbes, Earl Grant?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• BOBB
            BOBB commented
            Editing a comment
            Forget it. Slam dunk Rick Pitino. Knows and likes the Cincitucky area.

• I'd go after Frank Martin

Comment

• Certainly stepping out of his comfort zone after, well, forever.

Grew up in Cincinnati, coached high school ball there, assistant coach at Cincy, assistant coach at Louisville, head coach at Murray State and Cincy. His father has more than 400 wins as a high school coach in Cincy.

Comment

• Has anyone seen any terms floated out there? Gotta believe it was a crap ton of jack.

Comment

• I saw 6 years at 24 million I think.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• mattdalt
                  mattdalt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Up from the 2.2 at Cincy. Also, wasn't there some talk earlier that Cincy tried to renew Cronin earlier, but at essentially a pay cut?

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                I saw 6 years at 24 million I think.
                https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-l...ita-ks/4000000

$4 million in Los Angeles only translates to about $1.77 million in Wichita. I knew it was bad, but seeing actual numbers attached to that is mind-blowing. No wonder Gregg wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot pole.
                78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-l...ita-ks/4000000

$4 million in Los Angeles only translates to about $1.77 million in Wichita. I knew it was bad, but seeing actual numbers attached to that is mind-blowing. No wonder Gregg wouldn't touch that with a ten-foot pole.
                On top of that they have unrealistic expectations.

Alford - 5 years 66% Win percentage. 4 tourney appearances, 3 sweet 16s. Fired halfway through a season

Howland - 10 years, 68% win percentage, 7 tourney appearances, 3 final fours including a national runner up (3 years straight)

Lavin - 7 years, 65% win percentage, 6 tourney appearances with 4 sweet 16s and an elite 8.

You will literally get fired for not winning a title. Doesn't matter how many other games you win. Then top that off, they cheap out in other areas. They don't charter to hardly any games, let alone have private jets for recruiting.

Comment

• Shocktoberfest
                  Shocktoberfest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Carbon footprint restrictions for recruiting.

• Is Thad Matta looking to get back in coaching?

Comment

• I TOLD you he would make a kick ass 007 villain. Look for Cronin to go Hollywood after he gets run out of town for only making it to the Final Four three years in a row.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• shockrah
                    shockrah commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I always thought he looked like Mini-me.

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wizard of Oz munchkin.

• Whew, good luck Micky. I am indeed bummed for our conference. A lot of people were turning down UCLA. I don't think it's gonna work out for him too well. Now let's hope Cinci can get a good hire and stay competitive. I think they will.

Comment

Working...
                  X