No announcement yet.

Coaching Changes 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont worry about 3G. When he chooses to retire or leave we should say Thank You Coach you are truly the best. Then we should hire Chris Jans.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• ShockCrazy
      ShockCrazy commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not too worried either. Though I would have Forbes and Jans fist fight for it. What Forbes has done at ETSU is equally if not more so impressive.

When Texas fires Shaka, they should kick the tires on that Rick Barnes guy at Tennessee.

That guy seems like a pretty good coach. One you would hold onto and not fire.
    The Assman

Comment

When Barnes was at Texas, he probably benched some player that a booster had paid a lot to get the player to Texas. Benching a booster's bought player isn't allowed at Texas.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
        I'm a WSU grad; if you play golf with me I'll tell you how much we'll throw back to keep HCGM. Does either round have much merit?
        Depends on how many shots you give me.

Comment

• OregonShocker
          OregonShocker commented
          Editing a comment
          I use Leslie Nielsen's Bad Golf My Way!

Jans all day if and when Gregg retires/moves on.

Comment

• pinstripers
          pinstripers commented
          Editing a comment
          or the kid from Furman

Originally posted by moshock View Post
        I played golf with a Texas A&M grad yesterday. He says they are going to go after 3G with truckloads of $$$ once we are finished. I don't know if he is in the know.
        Didn't they try that with a Shocker coach once already?

"Going after" in 19th hole talk isn't exactly the same thing as landing, and basketball is at best third fiddle in Aggieland. Let's just say that 3G isn't exactly MT (and he's much more highly paid). Amusing that Vanderbilt is also in the hunt for someone -- that's another school that once looked at WSU for a social climber coach.

Comment

• Shockm
          Shockm commented
          Editing a comment
          Well at least Vandy fans said that GM was going to Vandy. I'm not sure how much they really pursued him.

Chris Jans if and when Gregg retires

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Not much doubt that CJ would be delighted to have the chance, but I think he's likely to have to wait a while.

After that choke job NMSU pulled yesterday...I would never want Jans.

:tongue-new::tongue-new:

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          You fell for his clever plan! CJ is a smart guy, and he's playing the long game.

He doesn't want to spend his life moving around every couple of years if he can help it -- he tried that with the Bowling Green stepping stone, and the next thing you know he was back at square one -- so he's hoping to stay where he is, and just get the occasional raise, until it's time to return to Wichita.

Losing early, even as a lower seed, helps keep him from becoming too desirable too soon.

Buried in Athletic story last week on coaching changes was Marshall to LSU

From a very young age, Brent Williams knew he wanted to be a basketball coach. When he enrolled as a freshman at Navarro College in Corsicana, Texas, he realized he wasn’t good enough to play for the team. So he signed on to be a student assistant. His energy was so untamed that one of the coaches...

Comment

• kcshocker11
          kcshocker11 commented
          Editing a comment
          I can't see a 56 year old coach going to a team that will most likely be on probation .

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Not a chance -- a program in disarray and third fiddle at best on campus? No way, Jose.

LSU would be better off elevating Greg Heaier

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

https://theathletic.com/871385/2019/...ousel-tidbits/
          lol
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Jans to LSU has some interesting possibilities. Not suggesting it's going to happen, but it does have some intrigue.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              LSU would be better off elevating Greg Heaier
              I assume that since he was not elevated to interim that is not likely. My expectation is their interim coach will be their guy.

Comment

• Dan
                Dan commented
                Editing a comment
                Likely, and make Greg Assoc Head Coach

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

https://theathletic.com/871385/2019/...ousel-tidbits/
              Bwuhahahahaha!...

Ahem.

Hahahahahahaha...
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Shockermania
                  Shockermania commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am hearing rumblings about a bunch of Hokie fans saying they are negotiating with Greg Marshall to replace Buzz Williams. They seem pretty confident that they are in a good position with him. Its on VT message boards.
                  Has anyone heard this? Or is this just total BS and a garbage rumor?
              Working...
              X