No announcement yet.

Official NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and most likable coaches in the final. That works.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• first one to 40 wins?

Comment

• 2 ways to look at it. No they didn't either score a lot. It's not "sexy" to rely on defense. But both are outstanding defensively and they're the last 2 standing. I think each has the potential to score in the 80s, even against each other.

Comment

• Interesting. After losing 3 consecutive conference games, the Texas Tech players all abandoned their phones to concentrate on basketball. It worked.

http://time.com/5565272/college-bask...an-cellphones/
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Woodrow
            Woodrow commented
            Editing a comment
            Not surprised.

• Originally posted by JVShocker(1) View Post
          2 ways to look at it. No they didn't either score a lot. It's not "sexy" to rely on defense. But both are outstanding defensively and they're the last 2 standing. I think each has the potential to score in the 80s, even against each other.
          Not trying to be argumentative but either of these teams could score 80 ON A LOT OF TEAMS in D1, but probably not each other. They're too good defensively.

I'm looking forward to a good game that should satisfy true college basketball fans. Just glad Zion is gone. Enough already.

On a side note: Coach Pearl was on Get Up (ESPN) and addressed the double dribble no call, stating "Get over it." What an awesome response to what was a devastating weekend for him and his team. He's closed the book on it and in the process showed loads of class to a lot of us, some of which would have done S. Payton some good this past January. Much respect.
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 8, 2019, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• Virginia Wins tonight 65-59...

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              I think they've been surviving a bit too much... Where as Tech has won little more comfortably

• Horn28Clem30
              Horn28Clem30 commented
              Editing a comment
              If it's gonna be a 6 point game, can we make it 63-57 so I can hit my title game square? :) Also had 1-1, never thought it'd ever hit...couldn't believe a FF game did!

• Absolutely right on Bruce Pearl, SBT -- Whatever you think of him, and there are certainly reasons to question some of his activities, his response to the missed double dribble, which was undeniable and oddly underemphasized in the media (at least relative to the discussion of the final foul) was as classy as could be.

By contrast (at least in terms of class) here from ESPN is the comment from the NCAA's watcher of officials:

"J.D. Collins, the NCAA's national coordinator of officiating, issued a statement explaining that the foul was called because Doughty 'moved into the airborne shooter, making contact with Guy while taking away his landing spot.'

Collins declined comment on the potential double dribble."

Interesting that the overseers of corruption in college athletics have an official comment on what the ref got technically right, but not a word about a glaring error by an entire three man Final Four caliber officiating crew that probably reversed the outcome of the game. Nice touch -- wouldn't it be great if they'd man up and admit the error, the way the NBA has done recently with its reviews of end-game officiating in the playoffs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Interesting. After losing 3 consecutive conference games, the Texas Tech players all abandoned their phones to concentrate on basketball. It worked.

Very cool!
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Virginia is the pick. I’m cheering for Tech.

Comment

• I do have Virginia winning it all on 1 of my 2 brackets (which are otherwise pretty poor). That should make Texas Tech the clear favorite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    Interesting. After losing 3 consecutive conference games, the Texas Tech players all abandoned their phones to concentrate on basketball. It worked.

A great credit to the maturity of the team's leadership -- not a lot of college kids nowadays would think in those terms (as evidenced by the guys who still gripe about the ban), and kudos to Coach Beard for seizing the opportunity.

I can almost picture Nick Saban, whose distaste for social media is well known, planning a similar ban -- the only problem is that his guys won't ever lose three road games in a row (not that he's ever needed an excuse to impose rules against "clutter," or behavioral rules in general).

Comment

• Not exactly what Texas Tech did but along the same lines. Whether or not Wichita State baseball is still doing this I don't know. WSU notes: Check your cell phones at Eck

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...129357744.html

Comment

• Texas tech by 9

Comment

• Jazzy version of the Star Spangled Banner — not a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                            Jazzy version of the Star Spangled Banner — not a fan.
                            Whoa, I thought it kicked serious butt!
                            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Shocker Mama
                              Shocker Mama commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I am a traditionalist. The Petty Officer who used to do it at Arch Madness was a favorite of mine.

• Kung Wu
                              Kung Wu commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I can see that. That guy nailed the notes though. It was clean!

• molly jabali
                              molly jabali commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Me too loved it!
                          Working...
                          X