Official NCAA Tournament Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by choida View Post
    Virginia rebounded way better... The fact Edwards single handedly almost won it for them was insane... Kline shoulda hit both free throws and they don't go OT
    Cline could have made the freethrow.
    Why doesn't Painter put the 6'9" 280 pound Williams down low on the free throw rather than the 6'6" Eifert? Tip out much less likely.
    Props to Clark for not panicking and making a pass rather than throwing up a hail mary.
    How does Clark pass the ball to Diakite 8 feet from the basket without some Purdue guy getting a hand on it?
    Short shot but props to Diakite being able to make it in that situation.
    Hell of a game.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      If that had been the Shockers, I’m not sure I would ever recover from the heartache... Purdue snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's not reviewable. So wouldn't matter if they did
    My point was, as obvious as it was on review, Gonzaga didn't question the call. I think everybody, including the officials, the focus of the play was the athleticism of what the player was doing above the ground.

Comment

• Edwards and Purdue are a perfect example of how the basketball Gods giveth and taketh away.

Comment

• One question: How did Gonzaga kicking the ball not get called at the end of the game? That could have been a HUGE missed call. It worked out, but sheesh.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Too bad there's been absolutely no type of Cinderella this year. Yucky tournament for me this year. Not even following.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• ShockerPrez
            ShockerPrez commented
            Editing a comment
            At least Tech is some new blood...

• shockerfanmas
            shockerfanmas commented
            Editing a comment
            If you're a fan of basketball at all, you SHOULD be following. No excuse not to be. Great tournament so far. Greatest time of the year

• Chris Jans and NMSU really should’ve beat Auburn in that first game and now Auburn is in the Final Four. There really is no difference between the top P5 and the good mid-majors.

Comment

• shockerfanmas
            shockerfanmas commented
            Editing a comment
            My point exactly. Those 3 teams have had consistent success for a long time now. As far as I'm concerned they aren't mid-majors anymore. I really think teams should just be broken down into P5 and non-P5.

The other point I was trying to make is that no other non-p5 team has had the kind of consistent success that the Zags, Shox, and Nova have. Maybe Cincinnati. That's why I disagree with the statement that there is no difference between the top P5 and top mid-major schools. There is, just not as much

• WstateU
            WstateU commented
            Editing a comment
            P7 basketball; P6 football would cover it.

• shockerfanmas
            shockerfanmas commented
            Editing a comment
            P7 sounds right, add American and Big East. Lump the Zags in with the P7, then there's every other conference as "mid-majors"

• And now more new blood...
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Buh bye Kentucky.

Comment

• Thought Auburn with Okeke out and Auburn down 22-11 half way through the 1st half that they were dead in the water. Tigers fight to not give up exposed UK still being suspect. Good win.

Comment

• Go Spartans!

Comment

• Virginia vs Tech final, please!
                  The Assman

Comment

• ShockTalk
                    ShockTalk commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd be all in for that.

• Just get rid of Duke and I'll be happy with any of the other 4 teams

Comment

• Glad UK gone!
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• I really didn’t care who won that game but then the camera panned the ky fan base and knew in my heart that they were just as arrogant as our own little ky. Started cheering for cheating Bruce

Comment

• Will Chuck Person be invited to Auburn's locker room in Minneapolis?
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                        X