Most Underrated Team in 2011-2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Underrated Team in 2011-2012

"Cincinnati, Creighton, Kansas (yes, they’re underrated), Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, UCLA, Villanova and Wisconsin received lots of consideration but I ultimately settled on a team that might be overlooked because of who they lost to graduation..."

Definitely a good read and one I hope the rest of the nation takes note of. The pub just keeps coming in!

That was an excellent article! Not everyone believes we will end up 3rd in the MVC this year. In the end, we will be battling Creighton for 1st.

Comment

Really great article. He did a really good job of capturing the team for being a national writer. The only thing I think he missed on was not mentioning Ehimen. But other than that, I can't argue with anything he said.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

He also failed to mention the loss of Aaron Ellis who along with Graham were our primary glue guys.

Comment

It was a good article. I expected him to go into more detail about Carl Hall and Jake White since it's their success that would make us be underrated.

Comment

Ehimen will not be a factor this year. I just don't see how you can expect him to be.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              It was a good article. I expected him to go into more detail about Carl Hall and Jake White since it's their success that would make us be underrated.
              I agree, although I think his premise was that our backcourt + Garrett would be good enough that Hall and White would just have to be solid for WSU to be a very good team.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Ehimen will not be a factor this year. I just don't see how you can expect him to be.
                I guess that depends upon what you mean by being a factor. While there will certainly be disparity of opinion on this, EO has shown enough in the shot-blocking and rebounding departments to give adequate reason to think he could be a factor on the defensive side of the ball this year. There are enough unknowns with his game that you certainly can't guarantee that he will have a big impact, but I don't see how you can guarantee that he won't given the tools he possesses.
                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Now that was a fun and exciting article to read. One other thing that we need to remember is that injuries can play a significant role in wins and losses. Last year, our 10 man rotation worked great and suffered very few injuries. For example, Gabe Blair (missed one game), Graham Hatch (missed one game – VCU), and Demetric Williams (missed three games).

Comment

I thought his assertion that Marshall prefers to play a slower style was odd; if anything most Valley teams (and some outside) try to slow down the Shocks rather than the other way around. WSU is not Northern Iowa, or for that matter Butler in that regard. And some of WSU's best runs the past couple of years have come by speeding the game up, albeit with defensive pressure. Still, he's certainly right that the Shocks want to start with defense, and sometimes teams that are defense-first have the reputation (rightly or wrongly) of playing slow.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      Horsecrap... that's all I got to say about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                        Horsecrap... that's all I got to say about that.
                        Why do you say that? EO has done zip, nada, nuthin' on the court. Eventually, all the talk about potential needs to give way to action on the court. If he stays out of foul trouble, averages 8 - 9 ppg then I will start thinking about getting on the EO bandwaggon.

Comment

I would suggest we all share this article on our social network sites
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                            Why do you say that? EO has done zip, nada, nuthin' on the court. Eventually, all the talk about potential needs to give way to action on the court. If he stays out of foul trouble, averages 8 - 9 ppg then I will start thinking about getting on the EO bandwaggon.

Agreed.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

KC Shox- You stated that you would not consider Orupke a factor unless he averaged 8-9 points per game.

Does this mean that you didn't consider Joe Ragland (7 pts.) a contributor last year? How about Blair (6pts.), Ellis (4), Smith (6), Stutz (7), Williams (4), or Hatch (6)? The only Shockers you considered a factor last year were Murry (9), Kyles (9), and Durley (11)? You obviously barely considered them a factor because they almost dropped below your line of success. I think that you need to rethink your ideas of whats constitutes a player to be a contributor to the Shockers.

Comment

Working...
                              X