Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU vs Cincinnati Pregame and Game Thread (conf. tourn.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
    Samajae should NOT have been inbounding. That was his to get.
    Totally agree.

Comment

• proshox
      proshox commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly. Clear out for him. Call the easy option

• Picked preseason 8th

Finished 3rd/4th conf tournament

Are you not entertained?

If I don't see you in MSG to cut down those nets this year I hope to see you in Ft Worth next year to cut down those nets!!!

Shockheads forever !!!

For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• The Shocks still just make a few too many low BBIQ plays and decisions. They have all year. But lately they have shown an ability to fight through that and stay in games or fight back to make it a game at the end. That is a valuable characteristic going forward. Would have been nice to have made the championship game but what would be have had left in the tank for Houston. Memo to 3G, finishing in the top 4 of the AAC is a challenge but it is also a big advantage the post-season tournament.

Hope the Shocks get into the NIT. I think they deserve it. I would still kind of like to see them show some additional growth as a basketball TEAM.

All-in-all though, whatever happens from here on out, it has been a very interesting and, in the end, encouraging season in many ways. As far as next year goes it will be interesting to see how the team comes together. I would anticipate the style of play will have to change significantly from the 2-man focus employed this year.

I think Markis and Samajae gave it everything they had this year. Frustrating at times but never from a lack of effort and, just as often, we saw some spectacular play out of those two. Hope they get a chance to play on for a little while.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• NIT—Tuesday night-at Koch. Book it.

Comment

• Triticum aestivum L.
          Triticum aestivum L. commented
          Editing a comment
          Can we all line up and kick u square in the grapes if u are wrong?

• From 1-6 to a basket away from the title game...

Comment

• N Crestway
          N Crestway commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice...

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
        My wife’s view on Mick Cronin, “I think I like that little SOB less than I like Bill Self.”
        Does Cronin have a bit of a Napoleon complex? Just caught a brief shot of him pacing the sidelines and had to laugh.

Comment

My wife’s view on Mick Cronin, “I think I like that little SOB less than I like Bill Self.”
          Cronin > Muller
          Cronin > Wardle
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• JVShocker
            JVShocker commented
            Editing a comment
            Cronin is a tough coach. And everytime I see him all I think of is Chris Elliots' character in "Something About Mary." They could be separated at birth.

• proshox
            proshox commented
            Editing a comment
            Cronin seems to be a good guy for a coach.

• Great effort. If no NIT then on to next year.
          When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

I love him . He's a short bald version of Marshall

Comment

• Rixtoy1
              Rixtoy1 commented
              Editing a comment
              I agree . . . I used to not like him, but the more I watch him, I think he and Gregg could absolutely be brothers from a different mother. Intense, animated, not afraid to get in his player's face. Except - I have seen Gregg smile - not sure I have ever seen Mick smile.

• Start out with 3 returning players and only Markis with real minutes. Lose our first regular season home game by double digits to Louisiana Tech. Go 1 and 6 to start conference play. End up in 6th place with a 10-8 record. Make it to the semis in the conference tournament and lose by a bucket to top 25 Cincinnati. I'll take it. Proud to be a Shocker.
            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Comment

• forevershockerfan
                forevershockerfan commented
                Editing a comment
                Coach Marshall stuck right in there when things were bleak. What a finish. This young team never gave up and showed just how very close we were at the end to the very best teams in the AAC.

Cronin is a straight shooter that has always been complimentary of WSU. I have no problems with him

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Cronin is a straight shooter that has always been complimentary of WSU. I have no problems with him
                Yep. Probably my favorite non-WSU coach (well outside of Butler).
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• proshox
                  proshox commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No doubt. And you know Cincinnati is always going o be a top 30 team as long as he is there.

• Have to agree with Coach Marshall. We were 1-6 with a top heavy AAC schedule to acclimate our newbys. At that point, who knew our beloved Shocks would finish so strong, so improved? Today, we were on the cusp of a huge win. Hoping this will prompt our Shocks to go into the NIT with a positive purpose to finish strong, knowing next Season will be here before you know it. We have some new recruits coming, and Teddy Allen who has practices that he can't be stopped. Add to that our returning players will work harder yet, knowing the Shocks will be improved and have a Season to remember and build on. Let's just say the Shocks took a lemon early on and made some lemonade with a solid finish. But wait, we can play some NIT games, win, and win some more. Stay tuned.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post

Cronin > Muller
                  Cronin > Wardle
                  Did you see his press conference after our game? Look at it. He said some really nice things about Wichita State and Coach Marshall. Muller and Wardie would never do that and didnt. There is no comparison.

Comment

Working...
                  X