Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU vs Cincinnati Pregame and Game Thread (conf. tourn.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU vs Cincinnati Pregame and Game Thread (conf. tourn.)

What: Semifinal #2
    When: Sat, March 16, 4pm CT
    Where: Memphis, Tenn., FedExForum (map)

TV: ESPN2
    Radio: KEYN 103.7 FM

Combining the pregame and game thread due to the short turnaround.

Just. Keep. Winning.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Do we have anyone who can stop Cumberland on a big possession? He seems to be able to get his at any tjme
    and has a knack for making one or several clutch plays when Cinci needs. He’s probably too physical for Samaje or McDuffie, too savvy for Rod Brown who probably won’t play many minutes anyways, too quick for Burton. Would be a great time to see Dennis play without fouling.

I think it will be tough for Marcus to duplicate the scoring from last night but several other guys - Echinique, Burton, SHJ, Stevenson - who didn’t play well can hopefully pick up the slack. Gotta cut down on the unforced errors and do a better job of limiting offensive rebounds.

I like that win ugly has kinda become their MO because knowing Cinci they’re going to make it an ugly game.

Comment

I watched UCF do something interesting when they beat Cinci a few weeks ago. The defender literally sat on Cumberland's left hand the whole time, forcing him into a specific area for help defense. Looked to have him pretty flustered.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I think that’s the key question - are you going to sacrifice something on your help D in order to try and jam Cumberland and make someone else beat you. And is there someone else. I’m inclined to say yes with Broome and Jenifer’s 8 years of combined experience.

Tough call though. Cumberland is only listed at 6-5 205, which is a little smaller than he looks to me. I love the idea of DD making the leap on that side of the ball, and I think he would be able to in a couple years, but it’s a tall order today.

Comment

Win ugly it almost has to be. How far has a team gone who is literally almost dead last in field goal and 3 point % in the whole country? Works for me though. Just. Keep. Winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
            I watched UCF do something interesting when they beat Cinci a few weeks ago. The defender literally sat on Cumberland's left hand the whole time, forcing him into a specific area for help defense. Looked to have him pretty flustered.
            I saw this too. But that Allen kid from UCF is a really quick defender and knows how to stay in front of his man. He seemed to beat Cumberland to every spot where he wanted to catch the ball. I have never seen Cumberland so frustrated.

Comment

Damm, Cinci by 7.

Comment

• pie n eye
                pie n eye commented
                Editing a comment
                As Boyz 2 Men said, this could be the end of the road. Still, I can’t let go of the hope that we can somehow ride our defense and get just enough offensive contribution from all the guys to pull out a narrow W.

Shox by 5

Comment

At first I said, just beat ECU. That's the bar. Then yesterday morning I was thinking, just beat Temple tonight and everything else is gravy.

And now here we are today. Do I get greedy?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Kung Wu
                  Kung Wu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes!

• atlwsu
                  atlwsu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep eating as long is the buffet is open

Shox are playing with house money today. I want a win obviously. And I do think the Shox can win.

However, just play hard like they have been and I wont be upset with whatever outcome. Just want a good game and let the chips fall where they may. GO SHOX!
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Good news is Cinci guys played a lot of minutes yesterday as well. Cumberland played all 40. If we cheat to stop Cumberland we can't leave Jenifer open. He went 5 for 5 from 3 yesterday and is leading the conference at 45% from 3. It will be a tough game and we will have to play our best to win. We need to hit our open shots and rebound much better than yesterday. Shocks by 3. It's our time.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Originally posted by Good News View Post
                    I think that’s the key question - are you going to sacrifice something on your help D . . .
                    Yes! Sacrifice the Samajae pawn at D5 and then move the Dexter rook to D1 on the open file.
                    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

This game comes down to our stamina and the defensive game planning by new AC Gudino and our young guns' ability to carry it out. Regardless of today's outcome, I'm really proud of the two seniors and the rest of this young team. Gregg has done a masterful job instilling the PlayAngry philosophy in this bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        At first I said, just beat ECU. That's the bar. Then yesterday morning I was thinking, just beat Temple tonight and everything else is gravy.

And now here we are today. Do I get greedy?
                        Get greedy, Fev. We have nothing to lose at this point. Might as well win the whole damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice260 View Post

Get greedy, Fev. We have nothing to lose at this point. Might as well win the whole damn thing.
                          Yup. I want 8 more wins

Comment

Working...
                          X