No announcement yet.

What I Know About College Basketball...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I Know About College Basketball...

via ESPN and writer Jason King:

"• Everyone knows about Rupp Arena, Cameron Indoor Stadium and Allen Fieldhouse. But plenty of schools in non-big six conferences tout a serious home-court advantage, too. Just ask anyone who has played in The Pit at New Mexico or at Wichita State's Koch Arena."

In his debut column for ESPN.com, Jason King explains explains what he knows and what he loves about the sport of college basketball.

ESPN has been showing us a lot of love lately.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Sweet! and true
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
        Sweet! and true
        Do you have an abnormal fascination with the numbers 66 & 65?
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
          ESPN has been showing us a lot of love lately.
          Its been earned by the great fans of WSU Basketball. This is going to sound like a knock on the Bears and I'll probably get quoted (again) on their forum but I'm only comparing atmosphere. Occasionally - maybe once or twice per year - JQH Arena is sold out and the fans really get behind the Bears. People can't begin to understand how crazy Koch is pretty much every game......As a former Wichitan, I - wrongfully - ass-u-med that WSU was the typical CBB venue.

Koch Arena is undeniably one of the most difficult places to win if you don't have Wichita State on your jersey.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Do you have an abnormal fascination with the numbers 66 & 65?
            Battle of New Orleans! Shocker history

My avatar is a Sports Ill cover which says WSU Beats Ku 66 to 65 for the 2012 Natl Title
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Has anyone here ever been to Rupp Arena? When I think college basketball venues, I don't think an enormous 23,500 seat arena could have a great atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                Its been earned by the great fans of WSU Basketball. This is going to sound like a knock on the Bears and I'll probably get quoted (again) on their forum but I'm only comparing atmosphere. Occasionally - maybe once or twice per year - JQH Arena is sold out and the fans really get behind the Bears. People can't begin to understand how crazy Koch is pretty much every game......As a former Wichitan, I - wrongfully - ass-u-med that WSU was the typical CBB venue.

Koch Arena is undeniably one of the most difficult places to win if you don't have Wichita State on your jersey.
                Their average attendance figures show it. Something like 2,500 below capacity for the year.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Its not so much the arena as much as the people in the arena and how they get involved.

I haven't been to Rupp, but I have been to quite a few. Some should be electric, but weren't. Some I didn't expect to be awesome, left me stunned.

Comment

Battle of New Orleans! Shocker history

My avatar is a Sports Ill cover which says WSU Beats Ku 66 to 65 for the 2012 Natl Title
                    haha yea I know, but like I was just asking if it extends beyond sports. When you see the numbers 66 or 65 at work do you think of that game?

Comment

haha yea I know, but like I was just asking if it extends beyond sports. When you see the numbers 66 or 65 at work do you think of that game?
                      Nope! but love that game and hope for the same results the next time we meet those ugly birds lol

Comment

Nope! but love that game and hope for the same results the next time we meet those ugly birds lol
                        Yea it has been too long since these two teams have met.

Comment

Yea it has been too long since these two teams have met.
                          KU's record against the MVC since the last time WSU and KU played:

MVC - 2
                          KU - 1

W/L %'s of WSU and KU against the Valley since the last time KU played WSU:

WSU - 58.3%
                          KU - 33.3%

KU and KU fans can (and do) claim superiority over WSU, but the flagship school has a worse record against the MVC than WSU has.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Aargh, I wonder if you left out KU beating Evansville in the NCAA tournament around the turn of the millennium.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Aargh, I wonder if you left out KU beating Evansville in the NCAA tournament around the turn of the millennium.
                              Evan who?
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X