No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Temple (Conf. Tourn.) Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These conference tournaments are a tough challenge. Especially if you have to win on back-to-back-to-back days just to get to the championship game.

Markis and Dexter with 38 minutes tonight and Samajae with 33. And those were tough minutes.

Hopefully the whirlpools are working better than the timekeeping equipment.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 15, 2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• Them Shocks are playing tough as nails down the stretch. Watching this young group grow as a team has been grand. We drew lots of fouls and better yet, made them all but around 2 if I recall. Duff was on fire and there was little the Owls could do to stop him. Temple should have never beat us in Wichita so this win was sweet. Now let's win 2 more starting with those mean Bearcats. Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Shiz came out on fire under pressure but cooled off after the initial barrage and ultimately it was a victory.

I’m talking about after my pizza dinner but it was a good game too though

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          lmao

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
        Shizz Alston, 2 points in the second half.
        and he only got those 2 from that foul that he kicked his legs out on...

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
          ShockingButTrue commented
          Editing a comment
          Not to arm chair quarterback it, but at the half I didn't think Alston was gonna' come out and score 18 again. In other words, I liked our chances...
          Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 16, 2019, 04:38 AM.

• Sucks not hearing Marshall on the postgame in the tournament.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shock-it-to-me
          shock-it-to-me commented
          Editing a comment
          No doubt! The radio crew just needs to tough it out and stay with it until he comes out. I’d keep listening.

• 1. MM's best game as a shocker - very happy for him
        2. DD is a player. ES is a player but in a solid quieter way. JB very good at times, up and down
        3. AM !!!!!! again ! told ya !!!
        4. I've been down on SHJ but thot he played pretty darn well, however, when ES, DD and JB are in
        together things seem to run smoother. those three frosh and the returning centers are a great returning core
        5. if we win tomorrow this will be GM's best year of coaching
        6. have to beat CU on the boards and contain cumberlin.............go shocks

Comment

• That win does it for me. I’m ready to call this season a success. Pretty sure we are almost a lock for the NIT now and there’s still some hope for going all the way here. duff will have to do that again 2 more times though... can he do it?

Back at 1-6 when conference play opened, I’m pretty sure we all said NIT would be a raging triumph and here we are.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure he can. The kid is fearless! He's got an NBA mentality, and that's meant as a compliment.

• Really short turnaround to an afternoon game tomorrow.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Really short turnaround to an afternoon game tomorrow.
            Fortunately, it’s a short turnaround for Cincinnati too, and they didn’t exactly coast through their game either.
            78-65

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              But they didn't play on Thursday either.

• WuShock16
              WuShock16 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, but that game wasn’t too taxing, so I don’t consider that to be much of a factor. Besides, I think people overestimate the effect of playing games on consecutive days. These guys are young. They’ll be fine. Whether it’s good enough to beat Cincinnati remains to be seen, but they won’t be dying of exhaustion. They’ll be ready to go.

• Aargh
              Aargh commented
              Editing a comment
              First-year players generally run out of gas quicker than seasoned players. Seasoned players have been there before and know the strain it puts on their bodies and have spent years of conditioning work to prepare for that type of strain.

Young, tired players are more prone to brain farts than older, tired players. Our post players struggle a bit when their PT goes past 5 or 6 consecutive minutes when they've had a few days of rest.

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Sucks not hearing Marshall on the postgame in the tournament.
            And no Maximum Tractor Outdoor postgame

Comment

• Shocks' biggest fan chiming in this evening on FoxNews (anyone see it?):

American.jpg

Comment

• Can I get a Memphis win up in here? Let’s get WSU and Memphis to the finals and a shot at revenge on them. That’s how you get 5 or 6 American teams in the dance. We mighta just boned temple though... sorry Shizz.

Comment

• it's going to be a grind and another fun AAC game to watch..........don't miss the MVC a bit even though we
                  would have been a shoo in to win it. right now I think we may be a top 50 team

Comment

• PREZ likes winning

Comment

• Interesting that the Shocks still make a lot of the same dumb mistakes they made earlier in the season but now, instead of turning into a 15 point run by the opponent the Shocks have been able to not let those things snowball on them. That is certainly a sign of growth.

Comment

Working...
                      X